Bought a Sunsation 288

Old 06-10-2019, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Congratulations, nice looking ride!
Old 01-14-2020, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hey guys looking at a 288 mcob....hows that thing ride? what are youre speeds at with the planeing, criusing, top end.....thanks for any input...
Old 01-16-2020, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by ellwood
hey guys looking at a 288 mcob....hows that thing ride? what are youre speeds at with the planeing, criusing, top end.....thanks for any input...
Start a new thread listing the year 288 you are looking at along with the engine/drive/prop combo and you'll get some responses.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Top speed for my boat (496 HO) 64 with a 24 pitch prop. I have a 26 pitch haven’t ran the boat with that prop yet. 05 and newer hull are more efficient (I’ve read this) cockpit of boat is spacious and well engineered. I’ve sent emails to Sunsation and got a phone call from Sunsation the following day, this speaks volumes to me that Sunsation would go the extra mile to answer questions. During our search for boats we looked at velocity’s-fountains-formulas-Donzi 28zx . I choose the Sunsation.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks for getting back. yes, they are great company. i have spoke with joe shaldenbrand numerous times but couldnt find one at the time. now im on the hunt. love the velocity, get tons of compliments it just not as driver friendly as i would like. youre boat is beutiful btw!! how is the drivability on the sunny? "driver friendly"? im comming off a 27 scarab wich was the easiest boat to drive i ever owened. so now back on the hunt for a sunny i hope. again, thanks. im open for chatting also if you ever want....7168646285. i boat on lake erie from buffalo so not to far from ya! names danny.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:43 PM
Registered

I think like all hobbies people become tribal to the brand they own. That said, Sunsation are custom ordered boats, there not production boats. There not a “drivers boat” I’ve never found myself fighting the boat. My opinion is this. Taking all factors into consideration speed-agility-design-functionality-appearance
1. sunsation and a 29 fever are neck and neck. 2.Fastechs and Donzi are beautiful and extremely well made ( heavy boats) When I drove the donzi you could feel the weight. Love the donzi scorpions if I found a scorpion reasonably priced I would have definitely went with the donzi.

3.velocity built for speed

There’s a guy down here that had a 08 mid cabin for sale last season bay performance in Maryland (google it) his name is Norm. Beautiful boat, it had a raylar 600 in it. I’ve read mixed reviews about Raylar

before anyone tells me there brand of boat is far superior to my sunsation your right. Uncle

Old 01-23-2020, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

288 should perform the best with 26 pitch prop

Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak
Top speed for my boat (496 HO) 64 with a 24 pitch prop. I have a 26 pitch haven’t ran the boat with that prop yet. 05 and newer hull are more efficient (I’ve read this) cockpit of boat is spacious and well engineered. I’ve sent emails to Sunsation and got a phone call from Sunsation the following day, this speaks volumes to me that Sunsation would go the extra mile to answer questions. During our search for boats we looked at velocity’s-fountains-formulas-Donzi 28zx . I choose the Sunsation.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak
Sure is... Love Raystown lake. This is my first boat and thought Raystown would be perfect place to go to get comfortable with the boat. One clarification. the other boats we looked at are great boats, the sunsation boat, for me, was exactly what I was looking for.
Good looking boat, Congrats. Raystown is my home waters also. There's a handful of Sunsations on the lake now a days. There are four 32's, my 36, and there used to be a 288 with big power buy I haven't seen it for couple seasons.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:48 PM
Registered

I’ll look for you this coming season. We’re in the process of looking for a legit motor builder to build us a reliable 650 horse motor. We want to run 80.