Sunsation A/C

Notices

Sunsation A/C

Old 07-14-2019, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sunsation A/C

04 288 Sunsation
when I purchased my boat the previous owner told me “to operate A/C simply hook up shore power and open the valve???? I tried that and basically I got a fan? Thermostat was set for 72 but it was obvious to me it was just forced air not A/C. Can someone explain the proper procedures for activating the A/C unit?

Side note I was at Raystown lake 7-13 thru 7-14 saw three Sunsation. All beautiful boats had a great time.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Did you check to see that it was moving water?
Old 07-15-2019, 01:15 PM
Registered

The hose isn’t clear but putting my hand on the hose it didn’t feel pressurized
Old 07-15-2019, 01:24 PM
Registered

It will dump overboard thru a thru-hull fitting. Next time check to see that it is moving water.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:27 PM
Registered

Ok. Where’s it pull the water from? I assumed it was self contained
Old 07-15-2019, 02:00 PM
Registered

Depends how it was setup and installed. A/C on a cruiser pulls water from a pickup in the hull. Not sure if they installed a pickup in the hull or added a hose attachment in the engine compartment to where it could be ran on a lift out of the water. Or maybe it has both? Does it also have an inverter and bank of house batteries to where you could run it out on the hook? Pics of the valve he had you open and surrounding plumbing along with a pic if the unit itself would be helpful.

BTW, I cannot imagine it would be setup to source the water any place other than the lake/ocean as depending on the size, they move a lot of water. But who knows.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 07-15-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:12 PM
Registered

the boat came from Sunsation with air conditioning, so no aftermarket. Inside my cabin I have three shore power breakers. Dual battery charger-microwave-A/C I’ll post a photo of the valve. Thank you for the guidance
Old 07-15-2019, 02:14 PM
Registered

The factory is very helpful on answering questions. Don't be afraid to give them a call.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I had air in my 32 so here's what I had to do, Make sure valve is open, Take a hose and clean out the line from the front up where the sink dumps out. you should see water running out the pickup hole which is in the bottom of the hull in the rear once you get water to rear close valve and go to your lake or river, plug in open valve and turn air on( its takes awhile to kick on) if it does not kick on take the floor in closet loose and pick up there should be a red reset button on top of the unit that you may have to reset as it gets hot and shuts everything down,If that does not work you'll have to find the pump and see if its working. I know it is a pain in the ass to get water if the system runs dry and I would have to reset the unit 3 or 4 times if I forgot to close the valve and all the water ran out of the line/
Old 07-15-2019, 07:13 PM
Registered

Thank you for the instruction. I’ll give it a shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.