Questions for Dave & Wayne.....

Notices

Questions for Dave & Wayne.....

Old 04-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for Dave & Wayne.....

Hi,

It's that time of year and I had a few questions for you guys. Any help would be much appreciated! I have a 201 32' Dominator with hp50efi's in it. The boat originally came with 454MPI's. Is there any way (without scoops) that I can get more air into the engine compartment? I was told that hulls that came from the factory with hp500's had additional "air intakes" running through the arm rests. Are there differences between a hull with 454MPI's and hp500's as far as air intakes? Can this be duplicated in my 454MPI hull? Als, what spped increases have you seen by spinning the props in instead of out? Have you had any experience running nose cones on a stock hp500efi boat with factory X dimension and standard lenght Bravo's?

I would like to order new lay in (factory stuff) carpet for both the cabin and cockpit. Do I need to order this through Sunsation? Approx. cost? Also, I would like to replace the bottom coushins on the lounges in the cabin. Is this something I can order through you or should I go to McLeod and have them recovered? Approx. cost if ordered through Sunsation?

Thankyou!

Patiently waiting for the 36ft-39ft Sunsation!

Jon-
Old 04-17-2003, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon,

No truth to the statement regarding separate air ducting on 500 Hulls, they're all the same. What you may have heard might have been someone referencing a 500 hull with the fiberglass race rear hatch that has additional duct work to dump air ontop of the motors. We've not installed any boats with nose cones, might want to post that question in the general sections and get advice from folks who run them and what boats they run them on.

Swapping your props to spin out is an easy test for you, swwitch your props and run your motors in revesre, reports back vary on speed increases, give it a try to see if you like it.

Give Joe a call here at the plant, he can line you up on new carpet, not sure on exact pricing but it is very reasonable, many many folks order up new carpet this time of year, Joe can be reached at 810-794-4888 He can also set you up with the cabin cushions. You could email Joe at [email protected]