Wanna see a new boat?... >

Wanna see a new boat?...

Notices

Wanna see a new boat?...

Old 04-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's one of SuperHawaii40 aka Addy'2d with the boat in the background. A few others had departed already as we were lingering afterwards on the dock tapping into each others cooler reserves....;cool:
Attached Thumbnails Wanna see a new boat?...-john05.jpg  
Old 04-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Another of the Super Hawaii 40 in it's element...
Attached Thumbnails Wanna see a new boat?...-john02.jpg  
Old 04-26-2004, 08:42 PM
mlitefan

Rick, it ended up taking me a lot longer to get to the water than I thought and when I got to the river, I didn't have much time at all for the test.

I talked to Darin today and I am sending it back so he can take out some cup. That should bring the RPM's up a little more (rev limit set at 5400 now). I will probably be running right at 5300 now and that will decrease as the weather turns hot and humid. The boat porpoised just a bit before having the prop done but it was jumping out of the water after getting the prop back. Never really had blowout problems so taking out some of the cup should be fine.

If not, I guess I will end up with a spare prop after all.

Old 04-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Lar just remember, these Sunsation hulls prefer a little chop. The flat glassy stuff tends to make it porpoise a bit or waddle as it gets on the top end...Ideally it's best to experiment with the prop setup during the mid-summer months when the rpm with the heat and humidity, is robbed the most. A little rev limitation in the cool spring/fall days is worth the numbers in the heat of summer.

Another tip is down here in the onery Chesapeake Bay/Atlantic merger, a good stock prop is preferable over a tweaked prop. There's a big difference in a boat's rough handling capability with and without the tweaker. So when/if you come down for our run in August, bring a good stock prop and a little attitude...
Old 05-01-2004, 09:43 AM
mlitefan

I think I am going to go ahead and pick up a stock 24 Rick. Not having a spare is a bad thing and so far, I have just been lucky.

My 288 has always bounced a tad in the glass but you would have thought I had been on an episode of "pimp my ride" and turned it into a low-rider, bouncing the hydraulics at a stoplight!

Old 05-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick, the new boat looks great!!!

Hope to see it (and you) this summer.

Patti and Bill
Old 05-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Wink

Patti I look forward to seeing you and Bill again. The HRPA is running north to Richmond and the Sand Pits tomorrow to hopefully meet up with some of the Richmond gang. Our boat count stands at 16 and growing. We could possibly see a pack of 20 by tomorrow. It's gonna make for some great pics. Wish you guys were here....