Notices

Panama Roll Call

Old 08-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Panama Roll Call

This should be a great one guys, the first race was unbelievable the town and fans are the beast.
Hopefully if all goes well we should be there, with alittle luck.Try to get the new boat ready didnt turn out to be as easy as we first thought, but time will tell, and hopefully it will be worth it. It should prove to make things interesting in F1, the class is growing and what a great bunch of guys. Hopefully we can grow the class to 10 boats, I know they are there just taking some time to get them out.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Panama Roll Call

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
This should be a great one guys, the first race was unbelievable the town and fans are the beast.
Hopefully if all goes well we should be there, with alittle luck.Try to get the new boat ready didnt turn out to be as easy as we first thought, but time will tell, and hopefully it will be worth it. It should prove to make things interesting in F1, the class is growing and what a great bunch of guys. Hopefully we can grow the class to 10 boats, I know they are there just taking some time to get them out.
I agree Frank, the people up there are fantastic. Everywhere you go , people stop and talk with you. Panama offers a GREAT viewing area with some of the prettiest beaches in the world. I don't know if the parade will go down the strip but if it does it is awsome !!! It is full of people sitting on cars and cruising on the weekends. Music, Parties and Good Times. This will be a "Must Attend Race" for anyone that enjoys Offshore Racing. Dave
Old 08-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I just got back from a meeting with John C., the owner of Club LaVela (dry pit location), and Connie Miller from the Holiday Inn Sunspree. These people are going all out to make this one of the best race sites possible. It's already on several local websites and newspaper, TV and radio spots have started as well. John has parked the Superboat tractor/trailer in the dry pits right on the main road and it has already attracted attention. LaVela (clublavela.com) is going to have a bikini contest to name Miss Superboat for the race weekend. This is the same Lavela that has the MTV Spring Break parties and where Girls Gone Wild has been filmed. I think the bikini contest could prove quite interesting !!!The parade route has been laid out and will start at Lavela and go right down Front Beach Road.
This is going to be a great race - - don't miss it !!!!
If I can help anybody with info, call me at 850-685-0245

Alan Riehl
Crew Chief Fountain Racing #15
Old 08-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Registered

Great Job, Alan !!!! Dave
Old 08-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

Alan,

I just got off the phone with Ken Doyle...you guys have been working hard to plan a great race and sounds like the support there is unbelieveable!

Having lived in the Panama City area in the past, I know Club LaVela claims to be the largest night club in the U.S....now throw in a boat race? This is going to be a GREAT location and anyone that misses this race will be disappointed.

See ya there!

Sean
Old 08-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alan,
Thanks for all your hard work to make this race another high point of our already un-believeable season. Sounds like u are putting together a great program. Panama is you of the best fans based site I have every raced, the crowds will be huge again I"m sure. We also get press when we are in town, and great News Paper coverage...Last race SBI/APBA got full page coverage both days Sat, and Sun.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:04 AM
Registered

Arrow Re: Panama Roll Call

Alan you keep it up you might make it to -10 status.
Cya there Cory and the gaing
Old 08-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Talking Re: Panama Roll Call

Originally Posted by cshantry
Alan you keep it up you might make it to -10 status.
Cya there Cory and the gaing
I thought it was like golf - - the lower the number the better !!!!! I'm trying to stay with my hero Craig !!

Alan
Old 08-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Alan
Let me know if you've had time to look into anything or can point me in the right direction. THANKS kineticgraphics@sprintmail 941-758-3303
Old 08-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Registered

PCB is a non-stop party. Once you arrive, the hardest part is deciding where to go and what to do.

If your headed to the Dry Pits, bring your swim suit and check out the pool inside Club La Vela or stake out a spot on the beach in front of the club. Spinnakers is next door with great food and more entertainment.

Pineapple Willy's (a short walk down the beach) serves world famous ribs on a pier thats within the toss of a french fry of the race course.

Need to get closer to the races for that once in a lifetime photo? Head to the County Pier, its close to the midpoint of the race course and extends almost 1000 feet into the water....good shark fishing.

The Shops at Edgewater are across the street from Holiday Inn and a 24-hour Walmart is located between the hotel and Dry Pits. Walgreens is across the street from Walmart.

Wanna dance on the bar? Head to Coyote Ugly after dark or head to Buckwild for a good ol LA (Lower Alabama) experience.

Best raw bar on the beach is Dusty's located about 1/2 mile West of the Ramada.

The two best local night spots on the beach are Ms Newby's and Foghorns who has live music...both are within walking distance of the Dry Pits.

If you have the urge to stuff dollar bills into a G-string..head to Show and Tale...on the left between the Dry Pits and Wet Pit.

Fine dining can be found at 30 Degree in the Marriott complex off Thomas Dr. Another good place is Saltwater Grill behind Walmart on on Middle Beach Rd and across from Tony Roma's

And if you just want to relax and watch people...camp out by the pool at Holiday Inn...you'll get an eye full.

Quick Reply: Panama Roll Call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.