Notices

2006 Schedules

Old 11-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2006 Schedules

Q,

Like I said you will see the same schedule you've seen in past years. SBI has signed mult. year contacts with the cities we race with. 11 possible 12 National races on the schedule this year all paying sites. The problem like other orginization are finding out there are plenty of cities to race in but not cities that want to pay. That is a lose lose all the way around !!!

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 11-30-2005 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Q,

While Panama City is technically a Florida race. The locals consider themselves more or less LA

Lower Alabama
Old 11-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Registered

LA... I like that I'll have to use that line.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B
where does all the profit go???
Pete, Pete, Pete.............ask Tom, Billy and Paul how much profit there is in putting on a boat race.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:27 AM
Registered

Pete,
The money goes to our organization !!!
So the bill can get paid instead of indivduals paying $100,000.00 out of pocket for a entire race. Or all the teams having to pay double entry free to make up the looses.
Wow I would hope thats the way you would run your bussiness, instead of finding out last min. that yiu are in the RED for the year.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Registered

Pete ,

This thread is about the schedules !!!
The money end of it and a profitable organization is a different lesson and different thread. Lets keep this about the schedule. If you want to give me a call I can try and give you more detail and fact that might help.
Again not that this is the place for it but just one quick note...FYI a race like KW cost between $500,000.00 to $600,000.00 to put on where do you think the money comes from.Thats why an organization need to make money to pay its bill like any other business. I hope this isn't a big surprise to any one !!! If it is they need to go back to business 101.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Frank,
I think I'm beginning to undestand. When everyone chips in a little to make it happen it's like the Post Office. When it's in business to make a profit it's like Fed-Ex. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Is there any chance of a race in Fort Myers beach around the middle of May? We are planning on a weeks vacation if Fort Myers and would like to see some racing again like they did before last I was sorry SBI and Fort Myers couldn't work things out. What about any races in Grand Haven, Michigan also?

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:11 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KLAATU
St Clair mich area always has a good race in early summer I think .

Look up (www.offshoresuperseries.com)for the dates
You gotta be kiddin!!!!

When did you start thinkin??? You were a nicer guy when you didn't...

I hope things are drying up down there.

Take care
marc

Oh..I bought a new camera, Panasonic FZ 30 8.1 mp 12x optical auto image stabilization. I have the tele on order.

I hope you are reading your manual like a good widdle boy should.. .
Old 12-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Registered

Q,

Just for some insite.....

1. I want to race were the city's want us...I don't care if all the races are in Fl. If the citys are willing to pay and role out the red carpet then lets go...
2. So you know..you can get more sponsors and more money when you will be promoting a company that say is based in FL.
when you will be making apperances and races for them. ie Lauderdale, Diana Beach and Deerfield Beach....you have the best shot on locking a sponsor base in these areas then anywere else because of the amount of promotion they will get....vice go to a city that dose not even promote a race and no one even know's there is going to be a race that weekend and have the sponsor show up and there are no fans....that's nothing but the kiss of death....
3. When you have a 11 or 12 race season...it is very expensive to travel all around the country....remember were trying to get more teams out to race....making the cost to travel triple will not help us...
4. Remember....this is not OSS were most teams have been racing for a while and have deep pockets....SBI/APBA has P class racing and can't travel say from N.J. to Corpus,
5. By having a good number of races in a central locations, it helps because you can store your boats in that central area and just fly into that race vice putting 75k miles on your tralier
6. Lets also not forget how big Fl. is....using OSS's schedule for example...they had races in Orange Beach, Pickwick, Ft Meyers, St. Pete and had Pensicola on there schedule..
the distance from Orange Beach to Pensicalo is just a rocks throw, to Pickwick..what a few hundred miles...Ft. Meyers to St. Pete a hundred miles or so....Outside of St Clair and Corpus all there races were in close to each other...

So you see Q...its not the location of the races its th quality of the race site....and Fl. has a lot of great race sits...ask any racer or fan..

Maybe one day a schedule will be one that takes the racers all over the country...but lets hope we get some big money to offset the cost for it....

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-04-2005 at 05:45 PM.

Quick Reply: 2006 Schedules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.