Default Re: sarasota results

ttt
Old 07-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry D
who can give us a run down , I heard cory won in svl and lucas in sv
I think there was only 1 Super V Lite boat, the other single canopy boats were running P3...weird....Shogren Fountain lead pretty much the whole race from what I saw and the Yatch Fountain and the Lucas boat were racing for 2nd. It was hard to tell what was going on as a spectator since there was no radio braodcast like the old days.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered

Shogren and Yatchs Magazine Fountians were leading the race and way ahead of the Lucas and Boxer Skater V's and towards the end they both completly miss a turn. That is how Lucas and Boxer got around them. Man, some heads are gonna roll with major mistake!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!!!! Someone has to know. What were the results?
Old 07-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boat retires unbeaten
Budweiser Select wins Top Gun honors

By JON STYF
SARASOTA

There wasn't much question who would win Sunday's 22nd Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix off Lido Key.

The only question was how fast the Budweiser Select boat would go. It finished with an average speed of 98.25 miles per hour and won the Superboat Unlimited Class uncontested, lapping the rest of the competition in the race to win Top Gun honors.

After the race, driver David Scott said he would retire the 46-foot Skater with dual 1,500-horse power engines undefeated, and use other boats for the remainder of the season.

"We wanted to take not just the class but the whole race, otherwise we could have let up," Budweiser Select driver David Scott said. "There's not a boat in the world that's been able to beat this boat. This particular boat has taken us to the world title three years in a row and this was its last race."

For several local boats in the race, this season provided sweet redemption.

Sarasota's Muscle boat finished in second place in the Super Vee class behind Lucas Oil, while Team Shamoo and Extream Liquid Assets each won their classes unopposed. In all, 34 boats raced in 12 different classes in the event.

The Muscle team raced in one of the most competitive classes Sunday after failing to finish in their hometown race when they blew an outdrive last year.

"In the Super Vee class, we still had seven boats, so there were a lot of very competitive and very experienced racers," Muscle driver Bruce Kruglick said. "The APBA/SBI (American Power Boating Association/Super Boats International) does longer races, so a lot of times, it's a competition of endurance to see whether man or the machine is going to be the first thing to break.

"It's grueling out there. We have a black boat and it's 110 degrees in that cockpit for 93 miles in rough seas."

Sarasota's Extream Liquid Assets, driven by Cory Shantry, won its class despite colliding mid-race with the Muscle boat.

Shantry said he'd have to make quick repairs before racing again in two weeks in Canada.

"We raced our hearts out," Shantry said. "This is where it all started when I went and saw the race 14 years ago."

After battling 4-5 foot waves that resulted in a crash and broken ribs for Sarasota driver Don Urfer last season, Team Shamoo finished in the top spot of Manufacturer's Production 2 for the sixth time this season.

They were also rewarded with the Outstanding Performance award after replacing a motor at the last minute and still winning their division.

The team, which includes Nokomis throttleman Charlie Graf and crew members Al Bryant and Tom Maticka from Venice, was supposed to have two competitors in the race but both were late scratches.

"This was bittersweet, even though there was no competition," Graf said. "But we still wanted to run a good race and boats that could go by us, we weren't going to let them go by us."

"One boat or six boats we run the same way," Urser said.

Sarasota's Don't Blink boat, driven by Doug Sutherland, finished in second place in Manufacturer's Production 5.

Ellenton's Marine Tech finished in third place in Manufacturer's Production 3 after winning the race last season.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Shogren and Yatchs Magazine Fountians were leading the race and way ahead of the Lucas and Boxer Skater V's and towards the end they both completly miss a turn. That is how Lucas and Boxer got around them. Man, some heads are gonna roll with major mistake!
The Lucas Oil Skater was out front the first 3 1/2 laps baot went into limp mode came off plan the the joe boxer , yellow shogren and yatch went by , restarted past back all 3 the port motor went limp mode again the 3 boats went by again could only get by joe boxer the boat went to lmip mode on starbort motor 10 more time was shutting motor of on the straights at 100 mph boat would hook right wait 3 seconds start back up don't do that in your pleasure boat very dangerest that how lucas oil day went but at the end past yellow shogren with 1 lap to go thought was in 2nd and as we cross the finish line didn't know we had won I'll take a win any way we can Rick Turmel !
Old 07-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T/Motorsports
The Lucas Oil Skater was out front the first 3 1/2 laps baot went into limp mode came off plan the the joe boxer , yellow shogren and yatch went by , restarted past back all 3 the port motor went limp mode again the 3 boats went by again could only get by joe boxer the boat went to lmip mode on starbort motor 10 more time was shutting motor of on the straights at 100 mph boat would hook right wait 3 seconds start back up don't do that in your pleasure boat very dangerest that how lucas oil day went but at the end past yellow shogren with 1 lap to go thought was in 2nd and as we cross the finish line didn't know we had won I'll take a win any way we can Rick Turmel !
Congrats
Attached Thumbnails sarasota results-nigel.jpg  
Old 07-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Registered

Congrats on your win Rick...a win is a win and racing is not about who is fastest but who finished 1st. I got my info about the Shogren and Yatch Fountains missing the turn by listening to the Talk Offshore replay.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Congrats on your win Rick...a win is a win and racing is not about who is fastest but who finished 1st. I got my info about the Shogren and Yatch Fountains missing the turn by listening to the Talk Offshore replay.
Thank you, but you have 1 thing wrong we were the fastest by far over all the other boat , just had the best set up for that race, and like last race yatch had nailed the set up. The 5 boat that race each race can win at any time we are all real fast if picking the right set up !

Quick Reply: sarasota results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.