2007 schedule is out >

2007 schedule is out

Notices

2007 schedule is out

Old 12-06-2006, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2007 schedule is out

I must be confused. OPA will be in the great lakes and rivers 4 times this season. We are trying to give the northern teams some local races, and SBI is handling the southern teams. Seems to me the bases are covered. That leaves OSS to travel the country. And enjoy the scenery. There will probably be 38 races this season. So get a folding chair, a BIG cooler, Some Bud Select, and enjoy the races. Smitty
Old 12-06-2006, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
OK I see you took my post down, from Julie's post it said National schedule and I did not realize that the nation was mostly Florida. I would have no beef with your schedule if it was just SBI, but since this is the schedule for
the AMERICAN powerboat association, IMHO I think alot of other good waters were forgotten.

Of course this schedule is easy for you Frank you live in FL, but not all racers do, I know for a FACT this is one of the reasons some of the midwest racers dropped out of APBA. Would you want to, or have the time and money to travel to the great lakes each weekend to race.
Ms PY,
It's about time we racers got someone to look out for us. Would you try to arrange something in Chicago while you are at it? Like you, I have no clue how anything works but it seems like they are not paying attention. Someone said they go to the cities that invite them, which is all well and good. I think in their spare time they could visit some other places more geographically desirable. I'm going to Mapquest to set up a graph. I will forward it to the people in Key West. SQ
Old 12-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Registered

Oh hell just meet in the middle and lets have a race at LOTTO, of course we would have to look out for some floating debris do the the Ice Storm but that's no different than big rail road ties or something wrapped up in carpet in the Hudson. Either way we would have a blast!!!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smitty you are confused just kidding If SBI was still just SBI then I would have no beef with their schedule since I have always thought of them as a southeast racing organization. I guess I was just expecting that after a few years of JC running APBA offshore that he would run it more on a national level, not regional It seems like Steve Quick, an avid APBA supporter and mid west based racer feels the same way, perhaps you should think about recruiting him

The fans in the midwest appreciate that OPA has left their backyard and embraced racers and race sites in the Great Lakes.

I can't help but wonder how the corporate APBA people feel about the way the offshore division is being run, but then it seems like they have not been that interested in offshore for the last few years anyway
Old 12-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

PatriYacht:

I appreciate your interest as a fan, and I know it's from your heart. I can onyl assure you that APBA "Corporate" has a deep concern for the welfare of Offshore. I served APBA as Sr. VP for 4 years (92-96) and President for 2 (96-98), and currently serve on the Board of Directors. We have a license agreement, similar to a franchise, with SBI and as such we're restricted as to what we can and can't do. Before such a license existed, (The first license was granted to Mike Allweiss, Mark Nemschoff, Nigel Hook and others) Gene Whipp was the Offshore Chairman and had a teriffic group of commissioners. We still had divisonal races, and the Great Lakes were an integral part of the overall Offshore picture. The commissioners represented their classes and local conducting clubs. Gene was (in my opinion) the last of the giant heart,volunteer leaders in Offshore.
Smitty with OPA is on target as well. I'm certain John Carbonnel is doing what he believes is the right thing, just as OSS and POPBRA and others are doing. My wish, absent the license agreement, is that we were all operating within APBA as a Category governed by an elected Chairman and overseen by a racing commission composed of racers, race sites and local conducting organizations. We can't redraft history, and we have to honor the commitments we currently have.
Again, I deeply appreciate your enthusiasm and hope that whatever races you attend, you're treated as a welcome guest. In that you are from Michigan, let me invite to our Unlimited Hydro race in Detroit next July. Maybe we can convert you to a Hydro fan We race all over, of course we still argue with each other, but we argue all over....

Steve David
2005 & 2006 Unlimited Driving Champion
U-6 Oh Boy O Berto
Old 12-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Registered

The Florida Championship TBA should be announced very soon....
Old 12-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
The Florida Championship TBA should be announced very soon....
Hopefully in the Tampa area!
Old 12-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Registered

Sorry Mike, its looks like its going to be north of that...
Old 12-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Registered

frank for some reason i can't get to sbi site . could you post the schedule for me please thanks robbie
Old 12-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Registered

Here u go Rob

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...hmentid=249033

Quick Reply: 2007 schedule is out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.