Notices

Key West 2007

Old 08-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Smitty, I wish there was something the racers could do to make this happen....I for one, and I know I speak for Albert, and probably most of the racers when I say we miss you guys.........

oh yeah, and then there is that "score to settle thing....."

all kidding aside, we miss ya bro
Old 08-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
Smitty, I wish there was something the racers could do to make this happen....I for one, and I know I speak for Albert, and probably most of the racers when I say we miss you guys.........

oh yeah, and then there is that "score to settle thing....."

all kidding aside, we miss ya bro
Frank now that we have a new aluminum Myco trailer maybe we can sneak on a OPA race to finally settle our score with the two knuckle heads.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

SOUNDS LIKE A NO BRAINER TO ME !! but then again who the hell am i ?

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
I just stumbled across this today. I did not know my conversation with John was public knowledge. A few corrections. First the 25 K is from one of our sponsors, not Haggin. I am not sure what his intentions are for KW. Or for any worlds. I guess my question would be, Since our guys would have to travel 3000 miles to attend, why not a one race fee. To register for all of 08, makes no sense. With our 08 schedule it is not possible for us to attend your regular season races. Call it 35 boats @ 1k a boat thats 35K. John can keep his 10K purse he puts up for the p class, so thats 45 K. We'll pay the 25K Purse at the site to all the P class boats. John makes 45K he would never have had, and the racers get 25K at the awards. If any SBI teams wanted to run one of our races in 08 we will accept their SBI reg, and let them run for free. If one of our teams want to run SBI in 08 they pay the balance of their 08 registration. What so hard about that?By having the OPA Boats there, it will not cost any more to run the event than it would if we were not there. So what's the difference? Who makes out? KW. We are not looking to be recognized as OPA. It is an SBI event, we will race and support the SBI. That was my conversation with John. I dont want anyone to read more into this than it is. I had a very friendly conversation with John, if we can't work it out no big deal. We have been major supporters of SBI over the years, and really do miss our southern friends. Some of my favorite races were on SBI soil. The only reason, we decided to grow the NE, was the commute to Florida every other weekend was a drag Smitty
Old 08-11-2007, 09:06 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I just stumbled across this today. I did not know my conversation with John was public knowledge.
You would think any negotiations between two organization's Presidents would remain PRIVATE until an actual deal is worked out and both agree to take the final agreement to the public...

I don't see the purpose in announcing what was suppose to be a private communication (according to Smitty) of preliminary negotiations, let alone not having all of the facts within it.

This just lends itself to opening up troubling rumors about this or that.

I received a call yesterday in regards to KW.

My answer was that I will not book anything until I hear the final agreement that has been worked out.

Until then, most of what you read will be 2nd or 3rd hand information where the facts get lost along the way...

IMO: We all should wait for JC or Smitty to put the final deal here in writing. Otherwise it will become a firestorm of rumors about this & that. And we all know where that leads to....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-11-2007, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

Sharkey, My fault here. I havn't really havn't been pushing the issue. One thing I have learned, is that John, is very cautious, in his dealings with other orgs. Understandably so. I was kinda waiting for him to say common down. I hope he calls, HINT HINT............Smitty
Old 08-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I was kinda waiting for him to say common down. I hope he calls, HINT HINT............Smitty
ME TO NEEDA MAKE VACA RESERVATIONS !!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Racer
Racer

I just stumbled across this today. I did not know my conversation with John was public knowledge. A few corrections. First the 25 K is from one of our sponsors, not Haggin. I am not sure what his intentions are for KW. Or for any worlds. I guess my question would be, Since our guys would have to travel 3000 miles to attend, why not a one race fee. To register for all of 08, makes no sense. With our 08 schedule it is not possible for us to attend your regular season races. Call it 35 boats @ 1k a boat thats 35K. John can keep his 10K purse he puts up for the p class, so thats 45 K. We'll pay the 25K Purse at the site to all the P class boats. John makes 45K he would never have had, and the racers get 25K at the awards. If any SBI teams wanted to run one of our races in 08 we will accept their SBI reg, and let them run for free. If one of our teams want to run SBI in 08 they pay the balance of their 08 registration. What so hard about that?By having the OPA Boats there, it will not cost any more to run the event than it would if we were not there. So what's the difference? Who makes out? KW. We are not looking to be recognized as OPA. It is an SBI event, we will race and support the SBI. That was my conversation with John. I dont want anyone to read more into this than it is. I had a very friendly conversation with John, if we can't work it out no big deal. We have been major supporters of SBI over the years, and really do miss our southern friends. Some of my favorite races were on SBI soil. The only reason, we decided to grow the NE, was the commute to Florida every other weekend was a drag Smitty

Very well said and point (s) taken.

I was kinda waiting for him to say common down. I hope he calls, HINT HINT............Smitty

Unfortunately I wont be holding my breath.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Registered

Smitty...I see your point 100%...
I hope it can be worked out some how....

If it dose come down to some money...is there any chance that the amount it will take be posted to see if some of us could put up some of our sponsorship monies to cover what ever it takes...

I will put up my remaining sponsorship money that I have in Nov for 2007 and some of 2008's.....

Please let us know if its only the money....and what it will take....
We all have race each other....OPA and SBI/APBA...we all have a great time together and respect each other as racers...
It would be one of the biggest P-Class Worlds in a long time....
Old 08-14-2007, 11:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Gino = Stand Up. No agenda, just race.
Thanks for helping. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Registered

Thanks Steve...

We all get along great...we all have a great time together....
Haggin has been putting up a hell of a lot of money and time...
Smitty and OPA has been busting there butts to put on great races....
The least we can do as racers is put up a little something to help us get togehter....

I have a great time weather racing in OPA or SBI/APBA...everone is great and we have a great time...the racer on both side will do anything to help each other out...

We have come a long way this year..with some great race sites and races....with a lot of racers cross racing....

We are all getting a tast of what it could be like again...

Steve...congrats on your KILO....and good luck the rest of the year...will see you guys soon....

Quick Reply: Key West 2007

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.