P Class Rule Changes Anyone ? >

P Class Rule Changes Anyone ?

Notices

P Class Rule Changes Anyone ?

Old 10-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P Class Rule Changes Anyone ?

Any P Class Racers Think There Should Be Size Limit On All P Class Boats 1-5 Lets Make This Fare !!!!!!!!!!! Or Any Other Ideas?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know about a size limit, but I think that we should work toward unified rules and classes of all organizations. It is too hard to explain to fans, sponsors, and other racers the difference in rules from SBI to OPA to Popra. I've raced with all three this year!!!

United we race!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

Problem with this, is if we start to limit size other than class 6 and 5, we have to add classes. We dont need anymore classes. I for one, would love to see a size limit in class 4, but I also understand that if the 38s in class 4 are forced to bump up to class 3, they would not have a chance of being competitive. So, we all learn to live with it. It will never be perfect and everyone cant be happy.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered

"It is too hard to explain to fans, sponsors, and other racers the difference in rules from SBI to OPA to Popra."

I don't mean to hijack this thread....but.....
In Superboat racing, what's the "F" (Factory I think) class all about?
More specifically, if someone was considering getting into offshore racing, should they be thinking about F1 or P5?
Which is more expensive?
Thanks ahead of time!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you have any questions concerning Factory 1 in SBI/APBA by all means feel free to give me a call @321-508-3077.

Trent
F1-2
Old 10-24-2007, 05:03 AM
Registered

Gess There Is No Way To Make Everyone Happy I Just Know That I'm Not Competive Against A 38 In P4 Maby I'll Go To P5!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its flat water you will have a better chance than you think. Set your boat up for its strength not its weekness.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Registered

Default P5 Question

Just posted a P5 question on a new thread if anyone can help.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FunHome
I don't know about a size limit, but I think that we should work toward unified rules and classes of all organizations. It is too hard to explain to fans, sponsors, and other racers the difference in rules from SBI to OPA to Popra. I've raced with all three this year!!!

United we race!!!
The rules are pretty close now...with a couple of minor adjustments unified rules can be accomplished.
This should be a priority for 2008.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Registered

I agree....if SBI/APBA and OPA keep there rules the same or at least close to the same it will make for a good transition if we all come together in some way...at least for the Worlds ...
and let the Orgs make the choose if a certain boat wether it be for lentgh and or Big HP to be move....in the calm water a lot of smaller boats have a advantage over the 34 to 38 foot boats....

I think the 2 Org. have a good handle on there classes and it has gottin a lot better then years ago....it will never be perfect and there will always be teams to some unfair advantage...but by changing classes now for some teams will only make other teams to a little disadvantage to....

Consistancey in rules and keeping them the same for years is good for the sport...we watched a old A boat beat up on a 34 footer in the calm in Chattanooga....

Quick Reply: P Class Rule Changes Anyone ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.