Notices

P Class Update

Old 04-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIAMIBOYZ
So do I! Only a knuckle head like Scotty was the only one to run a 24 foot boat against bigger boats in rough water and win. Only Scotty and Jo from Pantera can run that boat balls to the wall.
Albert,

You have seen me drive this boat and you know I would never drive it like Scotty Did, but I do have a little more seat time in a 24 now, that was my first time driving a 24 I agree, Scotty can definitely drive a boat. I have never been in a boat with Jo, but I am sure you are correct. Also, a funny phone call to Scott when I had the 24 in Marathon...........

I say to Scott, so how bad is it lining up and running thru the bridge??
Scott says, I dont Know, never done it before!!!
So I look over at Al Chesley, and ask him the same question, and his answer was the same.

We head out for practice on Saturday, and I blow a steering line heading back thru the bridge into the gulf at full throttle, so you can see why I was a little leniant on the throttles sunday.

A little story about how I got hooked up with Scott........

I had met him a few times before, but just over beers, one day he is looking for someone to sit in the passenger seat, and help out with racing expenses so he calls me. I had just bought the house, and was on the verge of getting laid off, so I couldnt commit to $$$, but told him I was in for whatever he needed besides $$

One day he calls me back, and says he is going out testing to get ready a race, and didnt have a passenger, and asked if I wanted to go for a ride? Well, I had been in a 28 pantera at 78MPH before(Tims), so I said sure, no problem. I show up at his house, and we tow to the ramp, next thing I know we are strapping on the Lifelines and heading out Jupiter inlet in 4 footers We proceeded to jump waves, and test the new engine for 20 minutes or so, then came back inside and put some more time on it. A short time later, we were at Deerfield with Monte in the boat, and that sick puppy went out there and lapped a 30 foot boat to win the race, even after spinning out, and monte ending up on the floor with the lanyard disconnected. I have pics from back then when it was Scott, Laura, myself and Monte with Scotts dodge pickup towing the boat, we were sitting under one of those ez up tent things in deerfield with the cooler between us. Same setup in Key West. The next year was a little different with AMF in the picture, and Well, The rest is history.

Last edited by rchevelle71; 04-09-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then we must be equally as knuckleheaded, see ya in marathon !!!
Scotty is probably (is) crazier than us !!! But it'll be a blast, plus a small boat is easier to wash after the race...more time for drinks. Mike

Last edited by cat boat racer; 04-09-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:10 PM
seriouso

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Albert,

You have seen me drive this boat and you know I would never drive it like Scotty Did, but I do have a little more seat time in a 24 now, that was my first time driving a 24 I agree, Scotty can definitely drive a boat. I have never been in a boat with Jo, but I am sure you are correct. Also, a funny phone call to Scott when I had the 24 in Marathon...........

I say to Scott, so how bad is it lining up and running thru the bridge??
Scott says, I dont Know, never done it before!!!
So I look over at Al Chesley, and ask him the same question, and his answer was the same.

We head out for practice on Saturday, and I blow a steering line heading back thru the bridge into the gulf at full throttle, so you can see why I was a little leniant on the throttles sunday.

A little story about how I got hooked up with Scott........

I had met him a few times before, but just over beers, one day he is looking for someone to sit in the passenger seat, and help out with racing expenses so he calls me. I had just bought the house, and was on the verge of getting laid off, so I couldnt commit to $$$, but told him I was in for whatever he needed besides $$

One day he calls me back, and says he is going out testing to get ready a race, and didnt have a passenger, and asked if I wanted to go for a ride? Well, I had been in a 28 pantera at 78MPH before(Tims), so I said sure, no problem. I show up at his house, and we tow to the ramp, next thing I know we are strapping on the Lifelines and heading out Jupiter inlet in 4 footers We proceeded to jump waves, and test the new engine for 20 minutes or so, then came back inside and put some more time on it. A short time later, we were at Deerfield with Monte in the boat, and that sick puppy went out there and lapped a 30 foot boat to win the race, even after spinning out, and monte ending up on the floor with the lanyard disconnected. I have pics from back then when it was Scott, Laura, myself and Monte with Scotts dodge pickup towing the boat, we were sitting under one of those ez up tent things in deerfield with the cooler between us. Same setup in Key West. The next year was a little different with AMF in the picture, and Well, The rest is history.
Nice history , was that the Dodge with KEAN U. on the side , and the rear end almost drug the ground ? He earned his wings didnt he ?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seriouso
Nice history , was that the Dodge with KEAN U. on the side , and the rear end almost drug the ground ? He earned his wings didnt he ?
Thats the one, I remember riding in the back down Hillsboro with laura after the Deerfield race, flinging T-shirts out to fans
Old 04-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ricochet myk
Scotty is probably (is) crazier than us !!! But it'll be a blast, plus a small boat is easier to wash after the race...more time for drinks. Mike

Wash????

We never washed it. just ran some fresh water thru the motor, and went to drink

The Boat is a lot of fun, and has won its share of races, good luck with it, and hopefully you can add to its list of trophies. if you need anything just let me know, I am always around.

Rick
Old 04-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Registered

Thanks Rick, If you see the boat around, come over and say hey ! No doubt we'll always have beverages handy ! Mike
Old 04-09-2009, 03:19 PM
seriouso

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Thats the one, I remember riding in the back down Hillsboro with laura after the Deerfield race, flinging T-shirts out to fans
I remember her ,Me her monty and his lady were in a silver explorer headed to the docks early one morning when she introduced me to the "interestingly enough " what she called a metal ciggarett . Only it had no tobacco I had to shove it into this little wooden box made of the most beautifull exotic material and ,......... What was I talkin about ?

Old 04-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ricochet myk
I was not aware that Scotty had sold the boat. Good luck to you in your new adventure. That little rocket has been to hell and back.

Albert
Old 04-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Registered

Thanks for the well wishes Albert, We didnt buy it were just racing it this season, Scotty made us an offer we couldn't refuse !!!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seriouso
I remember her ,Me her monty and his lady were in a silver explorer headed to the docks early one morning when she introduced me to the "interestingly enough " what she called a metal ciggarett . Only it had no tobacco I had to shove it into this little wooden box made of the most beautifull exotic material and ,......... What was I talkin about ?
AHA,

We may have met then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.