Notices

SV Unlimited

Old 08-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

your right Obrien Reg built a few in that range and as I said "if I remember correctly" Wasnt the first Fountain named "Cat Killer" a 47? I am pretty sure the nickname came from the Jax Poker Run. I do remember talking with David K. at one point when he was with Mike S he told me they were running motors in the 1800-2000 range more on the 2000 side though.

Regardless, we should get back on topic and as interested in which Fountain is which, this thread is about Richard's boat and team: Davis Motorsports. Congrats guys and to your sponsors, they hooked up with a great team, keep it up!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The nick name came from the early 90's when Reggie ran his first tripple 47 raceboat against team USA cat with Don Johnson. ( bye bye moviestar )

The world record i believe was 177.1 MPH in a cut down 47 with twin 1500 +Steerlings.

All the new raceboats are also out of a 47 mold ,then cut down. to 40.
The NOW Cat Killer ,Panasonic is 44 feet and out of the old 47 mold.

Atleast thats what i heard from somebody that knows fountain very very good.

ANY HOW,,,,,,,,U ALL NEED TO WATCH OUT ......WHEN I STRETCH MY AERO-TEK AND STICK A CANOPY ON IT WITH TWIN STAGGERED ILMOR 725's AND ARNESONS !!!!!

I called PIMP MY RIDE (boat) today !!!!!

Last edited by DareDevil; 08-19-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:02 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Last year the Car Killer would only show up at one or two events and take the show running slow for them. To help grow the class we can up with new rules to give everyone else a chance at a good finish and the boats that wanted to go after the cat-killer could spend what ever they wanted, too try an beat him. The goal was to grow the class without the cat killer coming in for the best races, Now they can win all there races and we can grow this into a large field. We hope to be back by the Worlds, or for the 2010 year.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TeamTaboo
Last year the Car Killer would only show up at one or two events and take the show running slow for them. To help grow the class we can up with new rules to give everyone else a chance at a good finish and the boats that wanted to go after the cat-killer could spend what ever they wanted, too try an beat him. The goal was to grow the class without the cat killer coming in for the best races, Now they can win all there races and we can grow this into a large field. We hope to be back by the Worlds, or for the 2010 year.
Cool,,,best of luck !!!!!
I hope u make it .
Old 08-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Registered

I agree with you Bill . There are a few more team that I have been working with and are planning stages of putting a team together for the 2010 season . The only rule change will be to let all boats 39 ft to under 44ft to be able to race in this class. Changing from this years rule 40ft to 44 ft.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:25 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

44' would be to long maybe 42', the cat killer is 43'
Old 08-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
your right Obrien Reg built a few in that range and as I said "if I remember correctly" Wasnt the first Fountain named "Cat Killer" a 47? I am pretty sure the nickname came from the Jax Poker Run. I do remember talking with David K. at one point when he was with Mike S he told me they were running motors in the 1800-2000 range more on the 2000 side though.

Regardless, we should get back on topic and as interested in which Fountain is which, this thread is about Richard's boat and team: Davis Motorsports. Congrats guys and to your sponsors, they hooked up with a great team, keep it up!

Couldn't agree more. Rich and Frank are the best!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Registered

44' would be to long maybe 42', the cat killer is 43'
If cat killer want to run in the class with us they can read the rule book and build the proper size cubic inch motors , It's all in the rule book starts on page 31.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we r ok with that bring him on
Old 08-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T/Motorsports
If cat killer want to run in the class with us they can read the rule book and build the proper size cubic inch motors , It's all in the rule book starts on page 31.
RICK I KNOW IM REALLY OPENING A CAN OF WORMS WITH THIS BUT I TRULY DONT BELIEVE THAT CUBIC INCHES IS WHERE TO CONCENTRATE FOR PARITY. ASSUMING THAT THE KILLER HAS 557s LETS JUST ASSUME THEY PULL THEM OUT AND DROP 48 INCHES PER SIDE. UNLESS IM MISSING SOMETHING THE LOSS IN POWER AND MORE IMPORTANTLY TORQUE COULD EASILY BE MADE UP WITH BOOST. AGREE OR DISAGREE? I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT ITS PRETTY EASY TO MAKE 1000 PLUS ON 509 INCHES WITH BOOST HOWEVER IT IS ACHIEVED BLOWER OR TURBO. I KNOW OF COURSE THAT IT IS EASIER WITH MORE CUBIC INCHES I JUST THINK THAT BOOST OR FUEL OCTANE WOULD BE A BETTER THING TO CONCENTRATE ON FOR PARITY. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.