Notices

JBS Racing

Old 10-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you still have a $1.5M boat, sounds to me like your out $225K by my math, but who knows, Florida doesnt have the best education system

And as far as who cares if you race or not...............

It would be nice to have as many teams as possible out there, including you, but if you need to get out for yourself, then do it, we wont be upset.

Last edited by rchevelle71; 10-07-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:33 PM
JBS
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wasted time

well I guess I havent lost anything but the time Ive wasted
Old 10-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
Just a couple things-
A- the post "JBS calls it quits" is gone.
B-it is explained above what that post was for.
C-I had about 1.5M$ invested in the boat-now its gone (thats a 1.5M$ loss for those who cant figure that out (ATV))
D-Mystic did stand behind the boat (probably the only boat manufacturer in the world that has done so).However it then did cost me 100K$ for the new hull and then 125k$ to rig the new boat.
So you are right-it wasnt 1.5M-it was 1.725M$ in total to replace the boat.The only problem now is the Typical OSOers that add confusion to everything.The only thing Ive done is open my heart and wallet to try to live my dream.Stuff like this makes me wonder why I even bother trying.Ive had alot of ups and downs,met alot of great people,risked my life (many many times).Maybe Im retarded-most peolpe would of quit a long time ago.I have a great passion for boating and racing.Theres plenty of other ways to risk my life and get my adrenaline fix other than this.So Im not sure why anyone would be shocked if I stopped racing boats-however Im still trying-I just dont have any more money to waste on it-so we are looking for sponsors.With some money and a working boat JBS racing is an unstoppable force.Ide race a P boat if I had to but its hard to after being in the Mystic.Ive accomplished a lot and am in a very small group of people that have ever gone that fast in a boat and an even smaller group of people that have turned a boat that fast.So sorry for the "confusion" but you have to understand my fustration with the whole situation.Its hard to tell if anyone even cares if we race again (including myself).Does anyone care?
If Mystic stood behind the boat why did you have to spend $100K for the new hull?? and then another 125K to rig??
Old 10-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Gold Member

Jeff,

Good luck to you.... 99.2 % of us dont have the chance to say that we spent 1.725 mil on a boat. So with that said, I appaud all your efforts to get a boat rigged in time to race in Key West. You should put a banner on the side of the boat that says MISS ALLSTATEand email it to the marketing dept. for a sponsorship. Again, good luck to you and your team............
Old 10-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pete B
If Mystic stood behind the boat why did you have to spend $100K for the new hull?? and then another 125K to rig??
OSS is gone shut up .
Old 10-07-2009, 05:22 PM
JBS
Registered

Default Thank you

Its realy great to finaly have a bit of support-its incredibly helpful to me.I think anyone that has had a boat or raced one could relate.Thank you
As far as the 100K goes-it was to complete the build on the hull and get JBS racing out on the circut as soon as possible.Even though it wasnt given to me it was still an incredible gesture by Mystic-the hulls sell for over 500K.
The 125K was to derig the old boat and rerig the new one.It has nothing to do with Mystic.Obviosly there was alot ruined by the salt water.
I am greatful for the deal I got.But now I have no money to opperate on my own with so I at other peoples mercy and its no place to be.I am fustrated by the possition Im in but am trying to everything I can put it all behing me and move on.
Anyway-thanks for the support-it means alot
Old 10-07-2009, 05:23 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

JBS,

Do not give up your passion on boating and racing. Do what you love to do: Racing! I understand money is always expensive to all of us...Including myself (esp I got laid off recently) But do what you love to do.

I understand that JBS posted "JSB calls it quits" is probably because JBS wanted Mystic Company to see since it has been a while since last time JBS raced. Who knows..Maybe that is my thinking.....I am pretty sure that JBS knows what to do.

Chris
Old 10-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Registered

Default Rig it and Race

Jeff,
There are thousands of people that want to see JBS race in Key West. Let people see what you and that Mystic can do and then you will know that people care if you race or not.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you seem to be offended by my pointing out your inconsistent posts, I apologize. May be try a different tack with potential sponsors and not air dirty laundry in public. I honestly don't think anyone cares how much you have "lost" on racing and if I were a potential sponsor that would be something I wouldn't consider a selling point. Nothing personal, but it is only a hobby for wealthy people not the end of the world if there is one less boat.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Registered

Maybe you should consider racing in a more affordable class. I mean no disrespect, but to be blunt...you blew your load triyng to look good. Now you have no cash to prove how good you really are. Who am I to tell someone how to spend their money? I've been racing for a few years and I know how tough it is to race, when short on funds. Suck it up . No one is gonna feel sorry for you. We all have our own problems. Sit out if you have to, and come back when its financially possible. But please dont come on here crying the blues that you have no money to race. I wish I had that kind of cash to spend on a race program, but I dont. I race in a class I can afford. If my boat sinks tommorrow, I know I can afford to build a new one. Would I??? Thats debatable. Good luck, whichever path you choose.

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 10-07-2009 at 07:04 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.