Notices

Sarasota Results

Old 07-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by obrien
In SVL Vortec Extreme won, not sure if Time Bandit or Pirate racing came in 2nd. Those two looked to be having a good race.
I was told Pirate got Time Bandit at the last corner. It was a good race.

Bummer about Stihl's props. The tech was good their (at least what we experienced) I have had brand new CNC props fail out of the box before. I would think this was simply just a bad group of circumstances.

Regardless that boat is stunning and fast!
Steve
Old 07-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,

You guys were on your game for sure. You ran a perfect race and there was no reason to look back. Attitude of the boat was great and you guys were cranking.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 07-05-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ricochet myk
Skater Dave, Where was your boat ? Or are you too busy typing your I.Q. less banter like always ? When a prop is a brand new, class legal, untouched prop, from a reputable company like Hering one would hope it would pass tech. Besides it was one blade of five thin, What would be the gain in thinning one blade out of five ? Would you enlighten all of us ? End of disussion, J.R. and Grant dont need to cheat. Mike
That 388 skater is a sweet boat! congrats guys!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Registered

Skater Dave, Where was your boat ? Or are you too busy typing your I.Q. less banter like always ? When a prop is a brand new, class legal, untouched prop, from a reputable company like Hering one would hope it would pass tech. Besides it was one blade of five thin, What would be the gain in thinning one blade out of five ? Would you enlighten all of us ? End of disussion, J.R. and Grant dont need to cheat. Mike
I'm not taking sides here, but the facts r the facts. Just to keep the record straight it was not One blade and they werent even close. I would hope a reputable company like Hering wouldnt make only one blade thinner then the rest, CNC machinces dont make mistakes like that.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
I was told Pirate got Time Bandit at the last corner. It was a good race.

Bummer about Stihl's props. The tech was good their (at least what we experienced) I have had brand new CNC props fail out of the box before. I would think this was simply just a bad group of circumstances.

Regardless that boat is stunning and fast!
Steve
Steve...congrats to you and Gary on your win....I thought the SVL Fountain would have showed up...
Old 07-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Registered

If anyone ever has a second thought about their prop, it is always better to have them checked BEFORE the race. SBI has no problem with that and will be happy to ck anyones props. Always better to be safe then sorry.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Registered

well frank said it already. the props were illegal so your statement about being "class legal" is wrong. its like running an illegal part. it would be the same as if they were running an ECU with higher rpm. you and TZ seem to be biased for Stihl team, since your in denial over the whole situation. then TZ actually states that SBI unfairly dq'ed them for political reasons.

then you guys point the finger at Herring. so let me enlighten you a little on how it works, since you guys wanna play dumb about the whole "thinning of the props". everyone knows the thinner the prop is the better. someone involved with the team had to order the props and spec them out for cat lite. to get every last bit of performance you want them as close as possilbe to the spec without being under. but your saying that Herring screwed up and made them too thin. then the props were blindly used and since Stihl didn't know there were under spec, that, that should be a good excuse and they should still have been given the win??????

its called a rule book, those things inside are rules. you must follow the rules. if you have a question about the rules ask an inspector. please let me know if you need any more enlightening.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered

I'm sure it was an honest mistake, and JR will be back stronger then ever. The boat looked great for its first time on the race course. I think u will only see them getting faster and faster as they get more dialed in. The SCL class need to know JR. will be strong this yr for sure
Old 07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Dave
Please show me were I " actually stated they were DQ'd for political reasons?.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tzrider
yes amsoil spun and had to go back to get the turn buoy. Stihl won and then were later DQ'd because their herrings were too thin. Mind you these were untouched props out of the box and were in no way the factor in Stihl winning. Amsoil was leading until they spun on the last lap......Politics????
what's that last word you typed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.