Notices

Cocoa Beach

Old 08-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait myself..flying out of bermuda next Wed. this will be my first offshore event..

:-)
Old 08-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

How many boats? See you there!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Registered

D V C is back !!!!! going to be a good race in S S . sweettttttttttttttttttttttt . go get them lee and steve .
robbie

Last edited by fountain1fan; 08-21-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Sorry to have missed them!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I have just gotten home from the 1st Annual SpaceCoast Superboat Grand Prix. I have to tell all of you that you just missed one of the best venues of the year. To start with, which was Friday night, the town of Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral, treated us like absolute Rock Stars! I could not have bought myself a drink, to save my life!!!! The Food, the LIVE music, the location were OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pits were across the street from the Restaurants, which by the way fed us all weekend, providing meeting space and entertainment the whole weekend thru!! From the boat dealers with displays to the arts and crafts to the RC Boat guy, (way cool stuff) to the Italian Ice guy, who was a big hit since it was 96 flippin degrees in the shade, we wanted for nothing.

I really have to hand it to the Producer of this race...it was his first. Nicely done,Josh....I cannot wait until next year!

Now as for the racing.....I cannot tell you what a pleasure it was watching these guys. You all know we have been following the circut now for about 9 years. This weekend I saw some really neat happenings. The first thing I noticed was a very strong comradery I witnessed, to ensure that a team was on the race course today. Team Warpaint is an inspriation!!!!!

I saw Lucus Oil / Peppers show up at a race and sport a new decal,for my friend and yours,Stan Ware. Mike, we missed you my BROTHER. God it was good to see you and share some laughs!!!

I witnessed the launching of a NEW Father SON race team......Go team MoJo!!!!! PRICELESS.

I also watched absolute poetry on the water.....Team Instigater with the one and only Peter Meyers and the ever so talented and eloquent Joe Skro. This boat,a Fountain Powerboat, ran so flawlessly that I really felt lucky to have witnessed this race! Thanks Guys!!!!!

Another Fountain that is certainly finding its way is the Former World Chamion Worldwide Fountain boat....man can this boat carve some turns!!! Nice job Donnie and Chris!!!!

And special kudos to Lee Austin,of DVC, SteveQuickjewelers.com Man I am so glad that you are feeling better and looking better my friend!!!! Thanks for hanging out this weekend and sharing with us!!!!! You my friend are very special and it is a privilage to spend time with you.

All the teams were fortunate enough to have the locals of Cocoa Beach for fan clubs on the spot and cheer them on thruout the race. I heard several groups of people talking about the team they have adopted....and they will count the days untill you guys return.

Thank you to the Angels as always!!!!!! XXX-OOO.

And a special thank to John, Deana and crew with the SBI. Thank you for making us a part of the team!

All in all, it was just another Terrible Day in Paradise!

Julie
Old 08-22-2010, 09:19 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Julie,

I know cocoa beach is wonderful. I went there with my college crew team (I was team manager that time) and had a blast there for a week. I am really glad that you had a great time down there!

Chris
Old 08-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Cocoa Beach, (and The port) is a great spot! The beach was packed with people and local schools have already started.
Attached Thumbnails Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-288.jpg   Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-061.jpg   Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-086.jpg  

Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-094.jpg   Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-200.jpg  

Last edited by kitten; 08-23-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Registered

just got back myself and had a great time. great place for a race. parking was very easy and hassle free. beach was packed but is so wide that everyone is not stacked on top of each other. i will be going back next year for sure. anyone know where i can get a t-shirt from the race?
Old 08-23-2010, 04:56 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Ryan, you looked good out there! Ry's best turn:
Attached Thumbnails Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-072.jpg   Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-073.jpg   Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-074.jpg  

Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-075.jpg   Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-076.jpg  
Old 08-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

....almost had him
Attached Thumbnails Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-078.jpg   Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-079.jpg   Cocoa Beach-cocoabch-080.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.