Notices

Superboat

Old 03-27-2018, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superboat

Wow now the superboat class is not going to Cocoa and the teams are starting their own series. Can anyone say CART, how did that work out.
Why do team owners think they know whats best for a series?
Old 03-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Registered

not sure why they would break away. Seems like SBI draws a fair crowd everywhere they go.

And edit: this also really sucks as this race is in my backyard. Hope they know what they are doing, but those big dollar sponsorships want their names in front of people, and Cocoa Beach definitely does that.

Last edited by racinfast002; 03-28-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:12 AM
Fastboats Marine Group
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Default Superboat Racing

Originally Posted by racinfast002 View Post
not sure why they would break away. Seems like SBI draws a fair crowd everywhere they go.

And edit: this also really sucks as this race is in my backyard. Hope they know what they are doing, but those big dollar sponsorships want their names in front of people, and Cocoa Beach definitely does that.
None of the Superboat Teams are trying to “Break Away” or form their own organization I can guarantee that!! The decision to not go to Cocoa Beach was SOLELY based on safety concerns. If you strapped yourself into one of these boats and seen how hard we run you would want to have the BEST safety team possible there to assist you and get you back to the dock alive as that is our #1 goal. Due to the fact SBI only had 3 Race sites plus Key West this is the reason we came up with our own 7 Race series. If SBI had 6 or 7 racesites we would have attended all of them. But 3 races for a season is just not enough. The door for Cocoa Beach always has been and still is open for All the Superboat Teams.. Every single Team loves to race in Cocoa and in no way do we want to have a negative impact on the promoters and city of Cocoa as we appreciate everything the City does for all the racers and we need to preserve every racesite possible as this is our future. We just want to get back to the dock safely and having the best safety crew out there helps ensure this..We dont think thats too much to ask. Fans come to Cocoa to watch some of the BEST offshore racing in the world.. Just give us the BEST safety crew in the world!!
Old 03-29-2018, 07:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by flboater View Post

None of the Superboat Teams are trying to “Break Away” or form their own organization I can guarantee that!! The decision to not go to Cocoa Beach was SOLELY based on safety concerns. If you strapped yourself into one of these boats and seen how hard we run you would want to have the BEST safety team possible there to assist you and get you back to the dock alive as that is our #1 goal. Due to the fact SBI only had 3 Race sites plus Key West this is the reason we came up with our own 7 Race series. If SBI had 6 or 7 racesites we would have attended all of them. But 3 races for a season is just not enough. The door for Cocoa Beach always has been and still is open for All the Superboat Teams.. Every single Team loves to race in Cocoa and in no way do we want to have a negative impact on the promoters and city of Cocoa as we appreciate everything the City does for all the racers and we need to preserve every racesite possible as this is our future. We just want to get back to the dock safely and having the best safety crew out there helps ensure this..We dont think thats too much to ask. Fans come to Cocoa to watch some of the BEST offshore racing in the world.. Just give us the BEST safety crew in the world!!
I've done a little reading between the lines since yesterday. I get the real reasons and we will see if the stronghold technique works out for them. I will still be there supporting the race and supporting the teams that are supporting new fresh blood/faces in the series. 750 group can continue with their agenda, but its not good for the series, and not good for the sport. But hey that's fine. If they have LEGITMATE safety concerns, they should put those out there so they can be addressed and corrected. But I feel as though the racers need to give the race series a chance before they write the series off. So far I haven't seen anything other than the overall statement of "we are concerned about safety because the people handling it are new." Which I'm sorry is not a valid safety concern.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by racinfast002 View Post
I've done a little reading between the lines since yesterday. I get the real reasons and we will see if the stronghold technique works out for them. I will still be there supporting the race and supporting the teams that are supporting new fresh blood/faces in the series. 750 group can continue with their agenda, but its not good for the series, and not good for the sport. But hey that's fine. If they have LEGITMATE safety concerns, they should put those out there so they can be addressed and corrected. But I feel as though the racers need to give the race series a chance before they write the series off. So far I haven't seen anything other than the overall statement of "we are concerned about safety because the people handling it are new." Which I'm sorry is not a valid safety concern.
I agree there is a real reason they aren't saying.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:36 AM
Registered

Got a little inside information about this the other day. Apparently someone is trying to buy SBI and Carbonell isn't willing to sell and they are playing hard ball.