Hey Mike, That's NC not TN. DAve
Old 02-27-2005, 11:22 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The schedule is out !!! APBA / SBI

Originally Posted by Ron P
I dunno, but I'll be there too.

Are you gonna be my back up photographer again? Jamie will be there too.
=================
Sorry Ron I do not have the certifications to be your back up.
I'm just an amatuer with a cheeper camera that just knows when to shoot racing and when to look for/at the eye candy

I have to check finances..I already have reservations for Sarasota and Marathon..

Is there a Marriott or Holiday in near the race course??

Are there VIP seating/viewing??
Old 02-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

f.y.i.
There is every hotel chain either on the beach or within walking distance of the air and sea show/and race.
Facing the beach for big $$$ is a HoJo, Holiday Inn, Sheraton, etc. etc. ..there is an Embassy Suites on Sunrise, on the intracoastal - very short walk to beach - next to Galleria Mall that we're booked at
but the rooms go fast.
The main intersection is at the end of Sunrise Blvd and A1A, and the estimated 2 million was topped last year by close to or reaching 3 million for the 2 days so early reservations are very necessary.
All air and sea show info can be found on "McDonalds National Salute" or McDonalds Air and Sea Show, or Fleet week" Ft.lauderdale........
you will have to ask the SBI ofc. if there is a separate VIP racing area.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:31 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Thanks for info Capt.

One more question... Where do 2-3 million people watch the races from?? There must be flesh to flesh on the beach

Anyone have photos from last time 2 million showed?? Or even of the venue??

Thanks again..
Old 02-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

absolutely flesh to flesh.....I remember seeing pictures on the front page of the Sun Sentinal (ft. laud) last year, and when I went two years ago I swore I'd get VIP section next time......
it's hot and you spend all afternoon looking UP.....the best air show in florida.......maybe the country
Old 02-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Air and Sea Show is an AMAZING event and definitely draws the crowd. Need to get to the beach early or else NOWHERE to sit, absolutely flesh to flesh!!!! Can't wait for this event.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Registered

Buffalo was cancelled do to the merger of SBI & APBA's (WPR, Inc.) National Schedule changes.

We hope to be back on the schedule in the future. Those of you who would like to return to Buffalo, let the organization know.

For now, GOOD LUCK this year and hope to see you all soon.

Mimi Alf
Race Producer
Old 02-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Registered

Hey since the new divisional schedule is out whats up with the Pt. Huron race? Its a shame not to see any races in the Great Lakes, by the way anyone know why that is?
Old 02-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Kerbdog,

I have no authority to speak for WPR/APBA/SBI but can speak with intimate knowledge of last years APBA races having served as their referee. Virtually every APBA Offshore race last season aside from Marathon, FL. resulted in significant financial losses to APBA Offshore. I cannot speak for any other sanctioning group, but would imagine if you spoke to the promoter of the St Pete OSS race, he too would tell of a similar fate. While several cities, including Port Huron were gracious and inviting, that was not met with funding to match. Obtaining sponsors, whether local or national is timely and difficult. (note the lack of true sponsorship for almost any team that is not in someway related to the teams ownership.) This season,one of the goals was to race where the sport is wanted, and funding is in place. Without this, the racers were having to share an inordinate burden in putting on races thru ever increasing entry fees. While entry fees are still expensive, they would be out of sight were it not for in place funding.

It is for this reason amongst others, that each sanctioning group, as well as racers, treat each site and sponsor with respect and thanks. There is lots of water, there is not lots of money to stage races on those waters.............

The Port Huron folks were outstanding, from the City and Coast Guard to the local volunteers, they were good and decent people. When all was said and done, the event resulted in a loss of >$30,000 to APBA Offshore. Everyone was paid, no bills left, no arguements. In fact, last year, each major group, from APBA to SBI, OSS to OPA, all left a clean slate with the host cities and for that we are all so much the better.

Hope that helps to answer your question.

Steve
Old 03-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Registered

Thanks for the insight Steve very helpful.

Quick Reply: The schedule is out !!! APBA / SBI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.