Notices

Indicators

Old 12-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indicators

Where should I try to mount trim and drive indicators? Please let me know what options I have.
Attached Thumbnails Indicators-gauges.jpg  
Old 12-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Registered

Default Re: Indicators

I saw some trick looking pop-up indicators from Stainless Marine. They mount up top by the compass so you look through them while driving. Heres the link http://www.stainlessmarine.com/trim.html could be an option cause that panel is looking pretty full.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Theres Better Ones TRICK MARINE Pop ups Real Nice
Old 12-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Registered

I was thinking that was my only option as well. I just wanted to check. It looks like "Trick Marine" is just selling the "Stainless Marine" pop-up.

Thanks,
Old 12-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I am in the same postion as you Razor. It just depends on how you want to go about it. I was thinking about moving the circled trim gauge down and moving another gauge to where the ignition is and then moving the ignition to where it is in the bottom picture (Hope Dave M doesn't mind me using a pick of his dash). Then you will have an existing hole that you can cover up by placing indicators up buy the toggles. I think this will keep the holes in the dash to a minimum by just cutting out a new hole for the ignition down low. But I am also looking into the pod/style indicators that trick marine has. The only catch on your end razor is that you have 4 gauges in that stack where I only have three. I don't think the pod style up by the compass would be bad though.

Last edited by cuposterchild; 09-20-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Once you get the mech indicators you don't need the elect. trim gauge. I removed the elect trim gauge, then added a voltmeter, and dept finder. I moved the ign. and fuel gauge down.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I got thinking, after I replied, when I went looking at indicators, that I am not going to need that gauge. I am leaning towards not mounting the pod style as I am not sure where else I would mount my gps except for up on top of the dash.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Registered

I don't think the 5" indicator bezel will cover both holes. And I may be pushing it just removing the trim gauge. I may just leave the trim gauge and add the stainless marine indicators up top.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Razor
I think that is the best way to go in your situation because of the number of gauges you are looking at. I tend to agree that the panel probably wont cover up the two holes
Old 12-11-2005, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like Dave Ms dash set up.
The first year I had my boat, I move my ignition switch and added a depth finder, voltmeter, and stereo; all with Dave's advise and model.
I had planned to remove the trim indicator and add the 3 mechanical indicators like Dave did, but I got used to not having indicators for the K-planes...

One other thing you fellows my want to add to the helm area, if your boat does not already have it, is the foot hole. It was something both Dave and I did after seeing JCs demo 24' Super, now owned by JMK406..
Attached Thumbnails Indicators-dash.jpg  

Quick Reply: Indicators

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.