Notices

Superboat Cat.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Superboat Cat.

Originally Posted by HuntingtonBeach
If its a skater splash I'll get in line now!!!
Rick, I'm really thinking SUPERCAT !!!! What a photo show, the Cat lay up !!!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be interested in a high deck model. How do they run with a big single???
Old 03-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Back in the late 80's-early 90's I knew a guy who had a red 32 Superboat cat named "Lights Out" It had a pair of 540's with Speedmaster II or III's..can't remember.
It was one of the baddest boats around back in the day. Also was really decked out in the cabin, especially for a cat. Had a full cabin, hot water heater and a bath tub installed in the stbd sponson.

The last time I saw it was at a repo lot in Mendon, Mass. back in 1994. It was still in great shape but had a blown drive. I had bid 21,500 and I heard it sold for 22k!

Wonder where it's at now?

Kurt
Old 03-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If Its Going To Be A Single It Better Be A Jet Motor From A 757. And 3 Gear Splitters.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
If Its Going To Be A Single It Better Be A Jet Motor From A 757. And 3 Gear Splitters.

Whatever it takes!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I did speak with JC about the SUPERCAT 32, the boat can be built. Pure Energy I saw your post prior to calling John about the single BB, his thoughts are twins. ( Mike you were correct ). I must say all this talk does take us away from our loved Y2K's ( sorry I lost my mind ) I'm just trying to get to 100 easy with not so big power, how about twin Yannmar 440's hooked to the Konrads ???? This can go on and on...........Cat, motors, drives ????? The other problem INSU. on one of the Cats.............as I stated when I started the thread, " THINKING OUT LOUD " !!!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbabi
I did speak with JC about the SUPERCAT 32, the boat can be built. Pure Energy I saw your post prior to calling John about the single BB, his thoughts are twins. ( Mike you were correct ). I must say all this talk does take us away from our loved Y2K's ( sorry I lost my mind ) I'm just trying to get to 100 easy with not so big power, how about twin Yannmar 440's hooked to the Konrads ???? This can go on and on...........Cat, motors, drives ????? The other problem INSU. on one of the Cats.............as I stated when I started the thread, " THINKING OUT LOUD " !!!!!
I hate to addmit it but a sb cat compared to newer competition is almost a slug. They are built like a brick but line it up next to a 32 skater and its done.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Just spoke with Sy Goldberg ( total dollar Insu ). No Insu. policys written on Cats without previous experience/onwership. Thats the end of that.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's ok Garry, The cat would take as much or more to get 100mph than a Y2K. Much heavier boat. That I know of the Y2k runs within a few mph of any 30'+ single engine cat anyway.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Tom I just was looking at the Superboat site, it shows the Cat @ 3900 reg lay up, and 3000 lite lay up ??? I wonder how the cat market will be for 1st time buyers with no Insu. out there to purshase.

Quick Reply: Superboat Cat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.