Joining the Superboat Fraternity >

Joining the Superboat Fraternity

Notices

Joining the Superboat Fraternity

Old 07-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joining the Superboat Fraternity

Well, I'm afraid to post this because it ma jinx my purchase, but I'm brimming with excitement. I placed my deposit on a 24' step bottom today. I had it surveyed yesterday, and the survey gave her a clean bill of health. Now we just have to get all of the paperwork finished, and I will be a Superboat owner! I'm just a little stoked this being my first real boat and all. I owned PWC years ago and raced them, but this is a bit different!

I hope I'm not inviting bad luck with this early post!!

Old 07-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Registered

Default Re: Joining the Superboat Fraternity

I don't want to say too much yet. He hasn't marked it sold yet, but probably will soon. I mailed the deposit today, so he hasn't received it yet.

Overall, it is supposed to be a great boat, and it runs pretty well too. The surveyor, a guy who spends his lif areound boats and evaluating them sounded like he really enjoyed the survey and water test. That right there tells me it is a good boat. He was very thorough as well. I'm still waiting on the written report, but he went over all the details verbally and it took about an hour. When the deal is all done, I'm going to give a thanks to him in another post on the board.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

cONGRATS! When you solidify the deal we want the DETAILS!
Old 07-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Banned

24' are nice, the more people in them the better they ride. I always like to ride with 5 adults and hit the inlet and ocean. AHHH what a feeling slicing through the rollers..
Old 07-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Registered

Being in Oklahoma, I doubt I will ever get to slice through the rollers, but Grand Lake and LOTO will provide some "interesting" experiences I'm sure.

I'll let out all the details as soon as I'm comfortable that there is no way the deal can fall apart. It looks real good right now!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Registered

Ok, I'll spill the beans now even though I havn't taken posession. I bought the 2000 model 24' Step Bottom that originally belonged to Sean Dutra. I had a survey completed and the surveyor was impressed with the boat mechanically and structurally. There were a couple of minor issues that the owner is taking care of.

All we are waiting on now is for the owner's duplicate title to come through as he lost his original. I have seen the registration, so I know there isn't anything shady going on. Once he gets that squared away, we are going to meet in Ohio to finish the deal. Dayton is about halfway between Upstate NY & Tulsa. I'm hoping for this weekend, but in all likelihood it will be the following one. I should have it just in time to go to the Shootout at LOTO.

My wife has commented about me "floating" around the house in a euphoric state. She knows I'm just a bit excited. There was a friend of mine who used to have parties regularly and everyone would have a good time and at the end of the night, someone would be wearing the "Stoked" hat. It was a yellow and purple ball cap wit the word "STOKED" across the front. Quite a show piece. My wife has told me that I need to be wearing it now!
Old 08-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Registered

Great news!! Your going to miss the Uglys Poker run this weekend but you'll be ready for the Grand Slam Sept 9th. Are you going to trailer it or put it a slip? whip
Old 08-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Registered

I was hoping to get it before this weekend's poker run, but that's out for sure.

For now, I think we'll be trailering it. I will check into a slip for next year though. Does Grand Lake have any rack storage anywhere?
Old 08-07-2006, 06:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jayhawk261

My wife has commented about me "floating" around the house in a euphoric state. !
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I remember those days !!!!! LOL !!!! Best of luck with your new Superboat !!!!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Enjoy!!!

Quick Reply: Joining the Superboat Fraternity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.