Fastedy, Pics, Race details.... >

Fastedy, Pics, Race details....

Notices

Fastedy, Pics, Race details....

Old 11-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fastedy, Pics, Race details....

Come on Fastedy, I wanted to be there but just too far away! Share some pics and race details with us!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Fastedy, Pics, Race details....

I was able to see a few distant pictures, Any news of how you did ?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry its taken me so long to post, I thought Mark would give the blow by blow account of Race Week. Wednesday Race, the most intense start I have ever been apart of or witnessed. We had the inside lane behind the pace boat and Randy (Typhoon) got in the wake of the Pace Boat trying to get his nose in but Mark would not budge an inch. This went on for most of the Parade lap then finally he and his driver Gregg squeezed in between us and the Bat Boat. The green Flag dropped then we all went into turn 1 side by side, Mark looked over and could not see the side of the Typhoon boat, their was less than 2 Feet between the first 4 boats, I hope someone took a picture. The Leavy Craft took an early lead and we were in second but battling with Typhoon and Joker. This went on for a lap or two when all the sudden we would lose power for a second or two then the miss got worse, looking at the guages Mark notice that Volts were down to 10. The boat ran slower and slower the rest of the Race and we finished 4th. After the Race we found 10 gallons of water in the bilge, bilge pump floating in the water and a bad alternator.

Race 2. Notice a miss on the Parade lap while waiting for the green flag, I told Mark it was going to be a long day. Joker leaped into the lead right from the start. we were battling with Typhoon for a lap or so when the engine would dye then pick back up, this went on for a while which left us in third with a huge lead over 4th. This is when I notice the fuel pressure guage dropping to 2lbs or less, we pulled into the infield and climbed into the bilge, with pressure back up we jumped back into the Race still in third. that's when Joker blew a drive putting us in 2nd. Then the pressure started to drop, we could only run 1/2 throttle to keep the pressure up then on the last 1/2 lap the Velocity Passed us moving leaving us to finish 3rd and 4th overall. Once we got into the inlet I found that the in line fuel filter was completely clogged. I cleaned it and ran WOT back to the ramp. What I don't understand is how did this happen when I drained the tank the day before and drain it before every race and most of the time when testing. O well, it is what it is.

Eddie
Attached Thumbnails Fastedy, Pics, Race details....-class5startsat.jpg   Fastedy, Pics, Race details....-decktodeckclass5.jpg   Fastedy, Pics, Race details....-battleforthepininclass5.jpg  

Last edited by fastedy; 11-21-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Registered

Thanks for sharing. One of these days the gremlins will be with another. Keep on fightin Eddie! At least you where there!
Old 11-22-2006, 03:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Fastedy, win or loose your out there Racing, and that says a lot !!!!! By the way there is a photo of your Y2K in the new ( FULL THROTTLE H2O ) mag. !!!!!! Way to go Fastedy !!!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

where do you get this Full Throttle Mag. What name is on the boat, where was it taken from.

The thing about World Championships and true about most classes, if a team were to cruz around the course at 3/4 throttle and finish with out trying to win they would have been guaranteed at least 2nd place. Every boat had a problem during one of the races.

Levey Craft blown engine
Joker, blew a drive
Velocity, over heated
Offshore Addition, didn't make the start of 2nd race
Pump it, DNF 1st Race
Outrageous, Altinator, water, fuel filter
Wahoo, didn't make 2nd race

Typhoon finished both races and won the World Championship

Last edited by fastedy; 11-22-2006 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:16 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

You guys looked great!!! Sorry I didnt get more pics
Attached Thumbnails Fastedy, Pics, Race details....-outrageous.jpg   Fastedy, Pics, Race details....-destin2006-29-.jpg   Fastedy, Pics, Race details....-destin2006-177-.jpg  

Old 11-22-2006, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Great shots RG!! Eddy - looking good, flying the bow high on that last shot, looks cool. I see my buddy CaptWk in his yellow Sonic as pace boat too, wish we could have made it there. Thanks for the great shots!
Old 11-22-2006, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Fastedy! Enjoyed the commentary and your boat looks great! Thanks!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=fastedy]where do you get this Full Throttle Mag. What name is on the boat, where was it taken from.[QUOTE]
The mag is new, you have to contact them to get a copy - www.h20fullthrottle.com for a subscription, out of New Zealand!!

Great photos, I'll try to scan in the one of your boat. It was from the Cambridge race, you had just 'eZanga' on the side

K

Quick Reply: Fastedy, Pics, Race details....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.