Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Superboat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat-44/)
-   -   Bare Hull (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat/147313-bare-hull.html)

GT 12-17-2006 05:41 PM

Bare Hull

Guys,

Does Superboat sell a 30'Y2k in bare hull form. If so, any idea how much they would want for it? I might want to build one up, out here on the West Coast.
Thanks

Gary Taylor

Pure Energy 12-17-2006 06:56 PM

Re: Bare Hull

Yes, they do. My boat was purchased by the previous owner and powered/rigged elsewhere. I'm sure FX10 will chime in and give you more info, or call the factory.

FX10 12-17-2006 07:19 PM

Are you in luck. We have a hull and deck ready for assembly. It was ordered, but the guy ran into financial difficulties.
The boat looks like Oh Zones Y2K White with black panel sides. Black windscreen.
Give Coen a call if you want. 631-226-1761

Rick

GT 12-18-2006 12:00 AM

Thanks,

GT

Superbabi 12-18-2006 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by FX10
Are you in luck. We have a hull and deck ready for assembly. It was ordered, but the guy ran into financial difficulties.
The boat looks like Oh Zones Y2K White with black panel sides. Black windscreen.

Rick

Rick, if possible post a couple of shots of the black Y2K. There may be someone I know interested. !!!! :D

Pure Energy 12-18-2006 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by FX10

Rick

I thought Pat was going to buy it!! :D

z.zuperboat 12-18-2006 10:26 AM

I thought Pat already had dibs on it and was calling it Superfreak ?

Pat McPherson 12-18-2006 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
I thought Pat was going to buy it!! :D

Boy do I wish... :rolleyes:
My wife named our boat "For Now", because I used to change boats every 1-3 years.
Not these days though, our 24' is likely to be around a while. If we have any extra $$ in the next few years, it will be spent on our house.
I do plan to have Rick give our 24' a little love (blueprint/fix) the bottom this year or next.
I would bet the next boat I buy will be something to pull a tube and skiers. My playmate Henry turns 4 this week and loves to go tubing... :cool:

Superbabi 12-18-2006 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
I would bet the next boat I buy will be something to pull a tube and skiers. My playmate Henry turns 4 this week and loves to go tubing... :cool:

Pat are you saying what I think your saying ???

Pat McPherson 12-18-2006 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Pat are you saying what I think your saying ???

Oh No Gary,
I have no plans to sell my 24' Super until I'm ready to get something bigger.
I would like to buy a 15'-17' outboard powered boat for cruising the back creeks in addition. Not this spring, but maybe by the Fall 2007.

Superbabi 12-21-2006 04:46 AM

Rick, spoke with my friend at the shore, after new year we will take a ride out to look at the black hull !!

GT 12-23-2006 10:46 PM

Guys,

Are there any of these Y2k's running around with blower motors in them? Not race boats, but customer's sport/pleasure boats. Also, how do they handle above 100 mph? Are there any magazines that have tested them?
I really like the looks of the boat, and I would love to see a few hopped up ones up close, or at least some good pictures.
Thanks
Gary

Pure Energy 12-24-2006 07:10 AM

3 Attachment(s)
There are a few out there running in the 90's. Not sure if 100 has been broken yet. I have a Whippled 540 in producing about 750 hp. Only had her out once since motor was rebuilt. 90 mph should be no problem.

It handles rough water very well and is an absolute thrill to drive!! My last boat was a 31' Sonic with big power,..... I'll keep my Superboat!!

Pure Energy 12-24-2006 07:12 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Afew more

Pure Energy 12-24-2006 07:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is an older 30' Tempest we came across when I did the initial sea trial

GT 12-24-2006 08:20 AM

That is a VERY nice looking hull! I really do appreciate the pics and info.

Pure Energy 12-24-2006 08:32 AM

I've had the boat 87 mph in 4-5' chop with no problem!!!

This summer someone asked me if it was an Outerlimits!!!! :D

GT 12-24-2006 12:29 PM

What about when you run it flat out in sheet glass. We get a lot of that out here in CA. :D

Pure Energy 12-24-2006 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by GT
What about when you run it flat out in sheet glass. We get a lot of that out here in CA. :D

BORING!!!!!!!

Boat runs fine in the flat, but will lose some speed due to more hull being in the water.

GT 12-24-2006 05:26 PM

Boring is good=safe. It appears to have a 24 degree+ bottom(not sure), so I was curious what it would do close to triple digits in the glass. That seems to be the toughest environment to make a single engine vee run(IMO).

Do they offer a sliding cabin door, or soft uphostered side panels?
I should get hooked up with fasterdammet, he is out here somewhere in the area, I really want to see one of these up close.
FYI, I want to make it a 115-120 mph boat. With a 1000+ hp efi motor, so I am looking at different hulls close to 30'. It might be time for a change.

tomcei 12-24-2006 05:50 PM

PE, very nice, looks great and runs the same :cool:

Pure Energy 12-25-2006 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by GT
FYI, I want to make it a 115-120 mph boat. With a 1000+ hp efi motor, so I am looking at different hulls close to 30'. It might be time for a change.

Wait until the turbine boat is done. I think it is 1400 hp?

GT 12-25-2006 11:40 AM

I am watching that thread also.

JCPERF 12-25-2006 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by GT
I am watching that thread also.

First of all NICE ENGINES you build!!!I have a customer with 825HP that has claimed to hit 100MPH.One gps said 97 the other 100.The fastest 30 is Richie Zul's that has been over 100 with 925 HP but is the older style 30.I think with 1000HP you will break the 110 mark easily in a Y2K. :cool:

lightspeed 12-25-2006 09:20 PM

You Had To Much To Drink

JCPERF 12-25-2006 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by lightspeed
You Had To Much To Drink

Be nice :drink:

FX10 12-27-2006 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by GT
Guys,

Are there any of these Y2k's running around with blower motors in them? Not race boats, but customer's sport/pleasure boats. Also, how do they handle above 100 mph? Are there any magazines that have tested them?
I really like the looks of the boat, and I would love to see a few hopped up ones up close, or at least some good pictures.
Thanks
Gary

Was out in Don's Y2K ( DonY2K )this summer, his Y2K has a J C Performance 825 in it. Did over 100 with me driving. And yes it was GPS, and for the other guys that might chine in. Yes it was calibrated. We did blow the drive though on the way home. :) ( Don was driving LOL )
Rick

lightspeed 12-27-2006 11:31 AM

Bs

GEORGE YURICK 12-27-2006 01:28 PM

Bs

MERRY CHRISTMAS JOHN........ :D

Superbabi 12-27-2006 05:35 PM

Bs

Help me out, what does Bs mean ?????

TeamSaris 12-27-2006 05:57 PM

Bull Sh!t :D

Dave M 12-27-2006 07:02 PM

BIG SPEED! :evilb:

FX10 12-27-2006 07:28 PM

Obviously..............................LightSpeed has a motive.
To Kill Superboat Sales. And he's doing a good job at it.
I guess it's time to get Dave M in here and Ban him from the site.
Enough is enough !!!
Between bashing my boats and posting all your nasty Quotes, .... Why are you here ????
I'M DONE !!!!
After I send this, I'm sendingt Dave a message requesting you be banned from this forum.

Respectually
Rick

Superbabi 12-27-2006 08:13 PM

I second that motion, enough of lightspeeds Bs about Superboats.

lightspeed 12-27-2006 10:10 PM

How Bout BC/// Your To Serious/// All In Fun// No Harm

Pat McPherson 12-27-2006 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by FX10 (Post 1974861)
Obviously..............................LightSpeed has a motive.
To Kill Superboat Sales. And he's doing a good job at it.
I guess it's time to get Dave M in here and Ban him from the site.
Enough is enough !!!
Between bashing my boats and posting all your nasty Quotes, .... Why are you here ????
I'M DONE !!!!
After I send this, I'm sendingt Dave a message requesting you be banned from this forum.

Respectually
Rick

I can certainly understand your frustrations Rick.:(

What I don't understand is why he would want to hurt Superboats sales. Doesn't he do a fair amount of ringing work at Superboat?:rolleyes:

We have had a few go-arounds with JCPerf with the whole Activator vs. Superboat thing, but I guess the more Superboat owners buy his products the nicer he has become...:cool:

FX10 12-27-2006 11:58 PM

Obviosly...... nicer... He has not become. A stop has to come to it. Called Dave M tonight. Lightspeed will be banned from the Superboat site.
If he wants to post his builds, he will have do do it on the General forum, or Activator forum, or what ever.
John. Your just kidding ?? Want to pay my bills next month ??
Thats what it came down to. All I can say is THANKS !!!!
You accompliched what you set out for. Did Activator get any more sales from your slamming ??? If you want, I WILL pull up the threads which has you saying , and I quote " Activator builds the best built boats on Long Island. hands down" ).
John, theres fun bashing, then theres slamming. And it seems like all you do is slam.

Rick

FX10 12-28-2006 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson (Post 1974964)
I can certainly understand your frustrations Rick.:(

What I don't understand is why he would want to hurt Superboats sales. Doesn't he do a fair amount of ringing work at Superboat?:rolleyes:

We have had a few go-arounds with JCPerf with the whole Activator vs. Superboat thing, but I guess the more Superboat owners buy his products the nicer he has become...:cool:

John doesn't rig for us any more, and hasn't rigged for us in almost a year. He's pissed at Coen. If Lightspeed wants, I'll go into it further.

Superbabi 12-28-2006 03:57 AM

Rick, well said, and a long time coming. You did the right thing, Your a gentleman, you never once took any cheap shots about lightspeed or any other boat builders. Lightspeeds hate for JC and Superboat was a constant push on his behalf at the Superboat site ( as we all know ). Rick you manage to build them, sell them, and always give the Superboat site your all...................Thanks Rick, Gary !!!!!

lightspeed 12-28-2006 08:11 AM

Rick You Went Over The Edge On This One My Comments Were Directed At A Comment Not To Hurt You Superboats Or Coen In Any Way Shape Or Form I Never Said I Hated Superboats Or Cohen Gary That Is A Out Right Lie Who Cryed Like a Stuck Pig When Your Boat Didnot Perform To Your Expectations Not Me You Yes I Said Activators Were Built The Best Thats My Opion And Not To Hurt Superboats In Any Way Yes I Said The Bottoms Were Outdated Again My Opion And You Fixed That By Makin A New Bottom Which You Did A Stunning Job I Never Said That You Built A Bad Boat In Fact You And Bob Are Excellent At What You Do And You Do Promote And Build A Great Product I Never Said You Didnot If My Comments Were Taken The Wrong Way I Am Sorry Again Any Of My Comments Were Not Intended To Hurt Superboats In Any Way And If Taken The Wrong Way I Apoligize To All The Members On This Board And Will Not Make Any Comments Again And Again Sorry You Feel That Way Have A Good Day John