Y2K Outboard Cockpit >

Y2K Outboard Cockpit

Notices

Y2K Outboard Cockpit

Old 01-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Y2K Outboard Cockpit

I havent heard that, but I paid him a visit on Saturday and he was talking of a potential staggered 496 setup where the back seat would be on one side of the boat and the staggered engine would be on the other. This way the boat would not just be a 2 seater. Cool idea.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rtaylor
I havent heard that, but I paid him a visit on Saturday and he was talking of a potential staggered 496 setup where the back seat would be on one side of the boat and the staggered engine would be on the other. This way the boat would not just be a 2 seater. Cool idea.
I think know why he is thinking that way...
He can buy (2) 496HO Bravo packages for less than 1/2 what a 850HP #6 costs...
I guess a boat that will run 75-80mph is not good enough anymore...
For me, a Y2k with a fuel injected 600HP engine hooked to a Bravo XR would be about the best combo...

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 01-16-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
george, whats your opinion of the y2k less swim platform?
looks wise?
Storm

I have been out on the Y2K outboard board. I used to hang out with the owner a lot while we were in college. When the boat was new I had my 27 Progression at the time. Alan rigged it with twin 2.5's. The boat I have to say did look pretty cool because it was the only one built. Plus I am not a fan of molded swim platforms adding length for no reason. My wife made me put the swim platform on the current boat but besides the fact that it keeps some of the noise muffled I am not convinced yet. The Y2K outboard boat was pretty fast. I believe he got it to just over 90 after the race brains were installed. It was a little ass heavy though with the outboards. I remember running out of Jones Inlet the night before the Poker run from Patty McGees in 4 foot swells and the stern would fall like a brick after the boat left the water. But that boat was fast........ I will try and get in touch with Alan as I have not talked to him in a couple of years. He used to roam around OSO but I have not seen him here in a long time. Maybe he can post some pics...
Old 01-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
For me, a Y2k with a fuel injected 600HP engine hooked to a Bravo XR would be about the best combo...
Old 01-17-2007, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Yes Gary, I do like your Merc engine and drive package...

If I was to build a 600HP engine it would be a naturally aspirated stroked 502 (540cube) that would run on 89 octane...
Old 01-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SUPER AIR
I HEARD A RUMOR THAT JOHN IS THINKING OF A 30' Y2k BOWRIDER ANY TRUTH TO THAT, IT'S POSSIBLY GOING THROUGH A TALKING STAGE AT SUPERBOATS HQ ? OT IS THIS BS ?
A Bow rider Y2K ??? I for one hope its BS.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

No west coast chit here!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Yes Gary, I do like your Merc engine and drive package...

If I was to build a 600HP engine it would be a naturally aspirated stroked 502 (540cube) that would run on 89 octane...
We just built one of those for a velocity
Old 01-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Titan
Storm

I have been out on the Y2K outboard board. I used to hang out with the owner a lot while we were in college. When the boat was new I had my 27 Progression at the time. Alan rigged it with twin 2.5's. The boat I have to say did look pretty cool because it was the only one built. Plus I am not a fan of molded swim platforms adding length for no reason. My wife made me put the swim platform on the current boat but besides the fact that it keeps some of the noise muffled I am not convinced yet. The Y2K outboard boat was pretty fast. I believe he got it to just over 90 after the race brains were installed. It was a little ass heavy though with the outboards. I remember running out of Jones Inlet the night before the Poker run from Patty McGees in 4 foot swells and the stern would fall like a brick after the boat left the water. But that boat was fast........ I will try and get in touch with Alan as I have not talked to him in a couple of years. He used to roam around OSO but I have not seen him here in a long time. Maybe he can post some pics...

I HEARD THE SAME ABOUT THE NOSE BEING A LITLE HAPPY ON THE 30 o/b Y2K.....I HEARD HIGH 80S BUT I LOST TOUCH WITH ALLEN AS WELL....
Old 01-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's for real! Here's my Y2K bowrider!

Attached Thumbnails Y2K Outboard Cockpit-c30y2k_5_ct.jpg  

Quick Reply: Y2K Outboard Cockpit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.