Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Is superboat going to be at the Miami boat show? >

Is superboat going to be at the Miami boat show?

Notices

Is superboat going to be at the Miami boat show?

Old 02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Re: Is superboat going to be at the Miami boat show?

we dont have a booth but we will be looking around on the last day on the show.
Give a Call if you want to meet up there- 518-796-2783

Johnny
Old 02-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I was the one getting price quotes for a new boat, then decided to get the '04 ex-race boat until the survey showed that the boat was screwed (cracks in hull/anti-freeze in oil, etc).

I've now decided to not buy anything this year, but I'd still like to see a Y2K in person. I'll take up the offer to look at the Richmond boat when the weather warms up- thanks!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

We all read how you killed the sale of the x-race boat. From what I hear there was not much wrong at all.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Superbabi
We all read how you killed the sale of the x-race boat. From what I hear there was not much wrong at all.
That boat was listed in excellent condition- $65k on a boat that ran 70mph with a supposed "580HP" and the surveyer said "didn't run right". So much so the surveyer recommended the oil sample- because the oil was too dirty looking for the supposed 20 hours on the engine since rebuild- and then it came back with a high level of antifreeze in it- So the buyer is looking at probable engine work on a 525EFI which isn't cheap.

That boat was loaded on a ill-fitting trailer at one time and the entire keel was gouged up so bad it had putty brushed on the entire length. Two of the hull steps were cracked and puttied. The engine hatch scoop was so cracked it was about to fall off. There were very serious structural cracks through the entire boat. I'll stop here- I'm the one who paid $540 for a thorough survey- I have the pictures. I even released the survey to the owner of the boat so he'd know what was wrong with it. I did OSO a serious favor by posting my results in fairness to all. Only after seeing the survey, then talking to John at superboat on the phone did I learn the hellish race season the boat endured before being titled a 2004 model (it's actually an older boat).

I really wish I could afford a new one- but the simple answer is I can't right now- maybe next year. For the record John as superboat has been terrific- he's kept up with myself and my dad to see if we're ready for a boat yet and is very open in regards to boat options and the way it can be built. I can't be happy with a no-optioned boat- I want the racer wanna-be k-planes, indicators, hyd steering, etc which makes a $65k new boat turn into $90+.

So thanks to the guys who actually answered my questions or offered even more- such as fastedy. To those of you who think I did something wrong for not going through with a used boat purchase on a sight unseen boat that was in a condition much worse than being described so I'd have a nice boat to come home to after my navy deployment- piss off.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

As far as I see it your still knocking the x-race boat. That boat was ok, ENOUGH SAID.

Last edited by Superbabi; 03-06-2007 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by zimm17
I did OSO a serious favor by posting my results in fairness to all. :