Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Superboat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat-44/)
-   -   Black and White Y2K Just Sold !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat/151217-black-white-y2k-just-sold.html)

FX10 02-10-2007 02:34 PM

Black and White Y2K Just Sold !!

It was sold today to MDG Performance. It's getting a monster motor and Konrad drive. I'm sure he'll chine in and give you guys the details. Getting busier by the day. ;)

krakmeup 02-10-2007 03:34 PM

Cool! Way to go!

Superbabi 02-10-2007 03:44 PM

MDG, way to go !!!!!!! Were expecting well over 100 mph with your monster motor !!!!!! :D :D :D

SUPERSTITIOUS 02-10-2007 03:48 PM

Nice!

z.zuperboat 02-11-2007 07:05 AM

The black hulls are my favorite by far. I had thought about trading up on this hull also but do like having a one of a kind. Looks like it will be getting a good home. Chalk up another commision to Rick. RIGHT

MDGperformance 02-11-2007 03:01 PM

Very excited about new project, boat is going to be rigged with MDG582(4.6bore-4.375stoke)with konrad ace outdrive.Horsepower should be around 760-800.Motor will be on my dyno in a couple of weeks.I am going to test the new hardin huricane 2.25 id tubes which hopefully will put closer to 800.The nice part of this package is that it will come with full 1year warranty.With the new bottom and konrad outdrive,set up will be very important for max performance.Outdrive will be mounted high and then spaced down to find sweet spot.Any one tried shorty drives ,5 or6 blade props?My goal is to build a true 100mph single engine boat with full warranty and true reliability. I know the superboat Y2k is a kick ass boat that will run in rough and handle awesome.

Superbabi 02-11-2007 03:57 PM

[QUOTE=MDGperformance;2023233. I know the superboat Y2k is a kick ass boat that will run in rough and handle awesome.[/QUOTE]
Yes it does and very well at that !!!! Welcome, and good luck with your new Y2K, are you going to rig the boat, or is Superboat !!!!

MDGperformance 02-11-2007 04:34 PM

I am going to rig the boat at my shop(MDG PERFORMANCE) I have a complete custom rigging shop,engine building shop and dyno facility.I have been in the high performance business full time since 1986.Some of our new boat we have rigged include: 1 28 pantera single mdg650,1 30 spectre i/o mdg500,1 30 spectre outboards, 2 spectre 36 mdg 650,1 spectre 36 mdg700 ,1 29 warlock mdg 720.At our shop we do a lot new engine builds,rebuilds and upgrades. We have also done alot of upgrading,rerigs on older performance hulls.The toughest part of rig job is finding the perfect x dimension and prop selection.Once that has been found the next 30y2k MDG/ konrad will be a piece of cake to rig.

jayhawk261 02-11-2007 06:01 PM

Congrtas MDG! Hopefully it will turn out great!

Do you guys give out shop tours by any chance? We are going to be in Annapolis in late August for a conference, and I'd like to see the shop. I'd like to see the fully rigged Y2K as well. Maybe even talk ya into taking me and my wife for a spin. No 100mph though! She might never go out in a boat again!

Pat McPherson 02-11-2007 07:53 PM

Great News!
So there will be two Y2Ks with Konrad drives; who's will hit the water first?

TeamSaris 02-11-2007 08:04 PM

Thats Great!!
Nothin Like A Konrad :cool:

MDGperformance 02-11-2007 08:08 PM

Come on down for a shop tour and a test ride anytime.My y2k should be in water this spring.Motor is about a week away from dyno,Konrad is being ordered monday,hull ,deck and interior should be done in about a month or so.When boat hits my shop about 2-3 weeks to rig,gauges and wire harness will be rigged at factory when deck is still off the hull.Then the testing begins to get her dialed in.

Shore Thing 02-12-2007 07:17 AM

MDG,

where are you located in annapolis? I lived there for 20 years and then moved an hour south to st. mary's county on the patuxent river. I hope to see that y2k out tearing up the chesapeake this summer!

jayhawk261 02-12-2007 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by MDGperformance (Post 2023607)
Come on down for a shop tour and a test ride anytime.My y2k should be in water this spring.Motor is about a week away from dyno,Konrad is being ordered monday,hull ,deck and interior should be done in about a month or so.When boat hits my shop about 2-3 weeks to rig,gauges and wire harness will be rigged at factory when deck is still off the hull.Then the testing begins to get her dialed in.

I'll send ya a PM before we head that way. I look forward to checking out your shop!

MDGperformance 02-12-2007 08:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We are located in Edgewater,md inside of londontowne marina(south river).Ordered korad ace -2 today should be in acouple of weeks.Here is some specs on engine build,Dart big m block billet caps 10.200,callies magnum crank,oliver billet rods,afr cnc ported heads

Pat McPherson 02-13-2007 10:18 AM

Nice Engine!
This is going to be a great thread to watch.
Please keep the pictures coming...:cool:

FX10 02-13-2007 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by MDGperformance (Post 2023607)

A month !! Bull $hit !! LOL
Put the swim platform on today, and installed a crossover in the deck to run wires from the passenger dash to the main. It came out soo nice , I'm making a mold of it for future models with duel dashes. I'll have some pics up tomorrow. Opps, I take that back, I have to go to the city with Kate to pick up Ally the youngest daughter, and bring her home for her final b ball game. Who the F$%k figures these sports schedules out ?? They must be single !!! It's Valentines Day !! I had reservations and everything....... Down the tubes. Kids !!!!! Gotta luv um. :)

MDGperformance 02-13-2007 06:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Awesome rick,did john order the gauges ? I also have to get with him about interior color.Any chance of you putting in a coat of white awlgrip in bilge easier to keep then gelcoat.I am going to test hardin hurricane2.25id tommorrow.Just finished making test tailpipes for dyno,installed a couple of o2 sensors.I have a 556 on dyno now with cmi elbow tops making around 700hp going to make a quick swap of headers and see results.The 582 for superboat is ready for paint and will be on dyno soon.

FX10 02-13-2007 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by MDGperformance (Post 2025767)
Awesome rick,did john order the gauges ? I also have to get with him about interior color.Any chance of you putting in a coat of white awlgrip in bilge easier to keep then gelcoat.I am going to test hardin hurricane2.25id tommorrow.Just finished making test tailpipes for dyno,installed a couple of o2 sensors.I have a 556 on dyno now with cmi elbow tops making around 700hp going to make a quick swap of headers and see results.The 582 for superboat is ready for paint and will be on dyno soon.

Awlgrip is no problem, just give the Coenhead a call and let him know about it. I'll find out about the guages tomorrow.

Rick

MDGperformance 02-17-2007 04:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Had a nice ice storm last week ,lost power for two days at my house but had power at shop.I got to testing the hardin hurricane on a 556 i am building for a customer. Engine made around 700hp at 5600 with cmi elbow tops,with the hardin hurricane 2.25id tube power went up to over 750 at 5800.The big cube na engines really like those big tubes!I guess i am going to need a set for my y2k.The best part about them is the way they sound ,mean at idle.

lightspeed 02-17-2007 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These Headers Made Good Power On My Engine 800Hp At 5900

WesSmith 02-17-2007 05:00 PM

I bought my 33 Powerplay from MDG..real nice folks. Honest, great work and did more than they promised !

Not sure if you remember me but good luck with the project !

MDGperformance 02-17-2007 05:20 PM

Wes what you been up to? Still have that 41 apache.How did you like that 33 Powerplay on the sound.Hope everything is going well.

MDGperformance 02-17-2007 09:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got 582 for y2k painted today.Primed with vari-prime ,2 coats ppg delton black,2coat ppg clear with metalic.Intake and KE vavle covers painted silver metalic/platinum with clear coat to match color scheme of boat.Custom engine building is a lot of work and very time consuming.Paint job came out real nice.

scottc 02-17-2007 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by MDGperformance (Post 2023304)
I am going to rig the boat at my shop(MDG PERFORMANCE) I have a complete custom rigging shop,engine building shop and dyno facility.I have been in the high performance business full time since 1986.Some of our new boat we have rigged include: 1 28 pantera single mdg650,1 30 spectre i/o mdg500,1 30 spectre outboards, 2 spectre 36 mdg 650,1 spectre 36 mdg700 ,1 29 warlock mdg 720.At our shop we do a lot new engine builds,rebuilds and upgrades. We have also done alot of upgrading,rerigs on older performance hulls.The toughest part of rig job is finding the perfect x dimension and prop selection.Once that has been found the next 30y2k MDG/ konrad will be a piece of cake to rig.

Can't wait to get the Formula out of your shop and in the water with the new power......Nothing but good about this shop. A very rear thing in the marine world.

Superbabi 02-18-2007 04:21 AM

MDG, is this Y2K yours to keep, or are you gonna set her up ( motor/drive rigged ) and then sell her ???

WesSmith 02-18-2007 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by MDGperformance (Post 2029808)
Wes what you been up to? Still have that 41 apache.How did you like that 33 Powerplay on the sound.Hope everything is going well.

The PP was awesome up here in the rough....I really miss it !

The Apache is a beast but its for sale as I'm looking to downsize a little........maybe a Cat, who knows !

z.zuperboat 02-18-2007 06:26 AM

Who wants to pay insurance prices for a cat ? NOBODY The insurances companies are going to kill the cat market. Did stop at the shop and Rick was working on the black boat again today like its paid for in full ! If I remember correctly they had 6 boats in their. People are starting to realize Johns marketing plan give them a great boat at a great price.

WesSmith 02-18-2007 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat (Post 2030150)
Who wants to pay insurance prices for a cat ? NOBODY The insurances companies are going to kill the cat market. Did stop at the shop and Rick was working on the black boat again today like its paid for in full ! If I remember correctly they had 6 boats in their. People are starting to realize Johns marketing plan give them a great boat at a great price.

The Cat is an idea I toy around with once in a while......I like the speed for the relative lower level of power required but you're right about the insurance.

My next boat may very well be a 30 Y2K, we'll see.

MDGperformance 02-18-2007 09:28 AM

The y2k is a project to market the MDG/Konrad 800hp package and the y2k hull.The package will be offered with a one year warranty.The other thing nice about the big outdrive is that more hp can be added later.Konrads 800hp rating is very conservative but is where they draw the line on a warranty.I am hoping to sell some y2k with my engine package,down where we boat(cheasapeake bay area rough water) the boat should be a big hit.John builds one hell of a nice hull and some more exposure hopefully will increase sales.This project is going to be a lot of fun and cannot wait to take her out and let her rip.Wes come on down and go for ride in spring,I also have a 06 36Spectre mdg700 for sale,boat has about 35hours on it (demo boat).Insurance is rough on all cats but i think markel is writing policys now.You would need to look into that because they write policy based on individual basis.Age,driving record,boating experience,claims etc.The 36 spectre runs awesome 120-125on rails and is a blast to drive,but insurance can be a problem.

MDGperformance 02-18-2007 09:59 AM

Hey superbabi did you get that 600 freshened up?Did you do any upgrading for more hp.I always wondered how much crankshaft hp those motors maked.I know the 525 usually makes around 550-560 on most dynos(cranshaft hp merc is propshaft hp)Did you find anyone that has done the research on upgrades and sell a complete upgrade package.What size prop did you end up running?

Titan 02-18-2007 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by lightspeed (Post 2029793)
These Headers Made Good Power On My Engine 800Hp At 5900

John those headers are nice but my custom Full Race Big Elbows from CMI are definatly the way to go. They make big torque and power as well. I was told by Fred at Trick that these were the only set CMI made for a Bravo boat.... But they sound awsome....

Titan 02-18-2007 10:39 AM

Sorry forgot horsepower. Mine made 860 at 5lbs boost...

Superbabi 02-18-2007 10:41 AM

MDG, best of luck with your new endeavor with regards to your Y2K, MDG motor/konrad drive package. I'm SURE you will see much success with sales once you get that Y2K in the ROUGH water and sample all her attributes. John does build a GREAT product, and be reassured with Rick (FX10) at the helm in the production shop. You will have one of the FINEST boats in the market. Rick is perhaps one of the best boat builders out there. With regards to the Merc racing 600 SCI, she's in Florida on a motor refresh. I'm hoping Raylar has the ECM upgrades complete, before my motor leaves Florida, otherwise, we'll see what next year brings. Props, 5 blade Merc, 27", 82-83 mph. A 4 blade Merc, 29", 84-85 mph....AND I STILL WANT MORE!!!!!:D :D :D

Titan 02-18-2007 10:51 AM

Can't wait to see the performance numbers on this Y2K. I really want to know HP it will take to get this hull over the century mark....

MDGperformance 02-18-2007 12:27 PM

Hey titan how does that 29 progression run with 860hp.What size prop are you running,I am figuring i am going to have to turn 32 pitch around 5700-5800 to get 100mph.All depends on how high i mount the drive and how much slip i end up with.Are you running a bravo with that much power?Are they holding up?I use to own a 28 pantera with big single(700-750hp)ran great but use to blow bravos on a regular basis.Boat was probably a little heavier than yours.The konrad set up will i figure will be a little slower than a bravo(3-4mph) but when the water gets rough should be able to ran the crap out it with total confidence .

Titan 02-18-2007 01:33 PM

MDG

My 29 ran 98 with a 1.36 ratio spinninng a 30 4 blade 5900rpm.

With the current 1.5 ratio it will run 94 at 6000 spinning 32 4 blade

The last run I did with 7lbs of boost I hit 97.5 spinning the 32 to 6100...

The 1.5 ratio was defdinatly better for all around use but I would venture to say it would have broke the mark with the 1.36 and 7lbs...

I have heard there is a 29 Progression with twins running well over 100....

MDGperformance 02-18-2007 02:25 PM

Titan does your boat have a stepped hull? any idea of what it weighs?Was the x-dimension set up for big power.Most single engine hulls run best17-18x dimension unless on extension box.

Pure Energy 02-18-2007 04:36 PM

MDG, Congrats on the Y2K. Please keep a photo journal. I definately want to follow along.

When choosing your X dim., I lowered mine from 3.5" to 5" and picked up 2.5 mph. Mine also performs better spinning to the left.

MDGperformance 02-18-2007 05:01 PM

Any one else turning left hand prop on y2k or tried turning left?