Thanks MDG Dave! >

Thanks MDG Dave!

Notices

Thanks MDG Dave!

Old 08-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks MDG Dave!

It was a pleasure to meet you and go for the fastest power boat ride I have been on yet! That thing hit 90 with no more than a 'flick' of the throttle. It is an amazing ride that can plant you with a second's notice. I very much enjoyed it.

My wife, on he other hand, still noticed the typical characteristics of the 7' wide hull. When being hit with side waves, the boat still rolled similarly to my 24. Where we boat, this is mostly what we deal with. She didn't say no, but it isn't her first choice. We still have some time to think. I suppose if the deal was too good to be true, she'd have to go with it!

I loved the ride, and we both enjoyed meeting you and seeing your shop. You've got a nice operation there, and anyone ought to be proud to have you as their boat rigger/engine builder.

Thanks again Dave, and I'll keep working on her!!

Oh, and your directions to the hotel were spot on!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes they do roll alittle more than 8 wide especially when parked ! Up and running all the fast V,s are pretty much the same because of the lift. You never have the entire width of the boat in the water! If you do your not going fast enough yet to notice !! I think I like daves boat better than mine. Something about black and silver.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

Here's some of the pics we took while there. Man is it a good looking and running rig!

We have gone in a couple of different bigger boats. One being a 28' Pantera, and the other a 35' Cigarette Playboy. We did about 75-80 in both of them and she enjoyed the ride in both much better than my 24 and the Y2K

As they say, if momma aint happy, nobody's happy! I can be happy with one of the bigger boats, but I would have more fun with the Y2K I think. In any event, we'll get something that works well for us together so we don't have to do any fighting
Attached Thumbnails Thanks MDG Dave!-dsc00051.jpg   Thanks MDG Dave!-dsc00053.jpg   Thanks MDG Dave!-dsc00054.jpg  

Old 08-26-2007, 07:34 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

and why is the 28 pantera bigger than the y2k?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
and why is the 28 pantera bigger than the y2k?
It is a foot and a half wider and weighs about 1000 lbs more. I think those 2 issues are why the wife is not enjoying the Superboats. As we all know, the heavier wider boats are the wave "crushers", and the narrow beam boats are the wave "cutters" so to speak. The 7' beam allows for more sideways rolling when faced with the washing machine type water we deal with here on Grand Lake & LOTO.

Storm, I am not trying to bash the Supers in any way whatsoever. I love mine, and I would take the Y2K over anything else right now given the choice. I love the nimble feeling and the way they handle above the wider heavier boats. Unfortunately, we have to all be comfortable to be able to have a good time on the water. The other boats we are looking at will still be great, and I can be happy with them. We just have to make sure that everybody involved is going to enjoy it so we can all go and not have fights.

You have to understand that before we bought our boat last year, my wife never spent any time in boats and was actually afraid of the water a little. She goes out now and really wants to enjoy herself. The narrow beam boat is just not stable enough for her. I can understand that, and I'll do what I have to to keep her going out because I enjoy her company, and I like to see her in a bikini too!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:19 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

just asking.
And i'm in complete agreement about a bigger more comfy ride and keeping the mrs happy!
have u considered the twin sbc AT for sale? or are twins no good.
That would have a real nice ride, still runs upper 70s, very reliable and lots of creature comforts. colors aint my fav, but paints an easy fix.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Registered

To be honest, we're probably going to go with something30+ feet with twins. We rode on a 35' Playboy a few weeks back, and she really enjoyed that. It will do 80-82, and that's a good start. There are a few for sale as well. We just need to get our boat down the road, and then we can get serious.

I really like the Active Thunders, but if we did get one, it would probably be a 32, or the demo 33 if we have a real nice influx of business in the next few months!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like the wife has expensive taste !! My wife liked the wave crushing feel of my pantera also. I myself like the lighter floating feeling . If I had to pick and the benjamins where not a concern I would pick a 35 playboy, not to big or to small .
Old 08-27-2007, 08:30 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

you are lucky she likes the playboy. Sweet boat!
Mine likes an 80Sunseeker.
Too bad she can't afford it.