Notices

y2k owners

Old 03-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default y2k owners

Has anyone went from a larger boat to a 30 superboat? I am seriously considering one. I have just sold my boat and my search has started. The y2k seems like a great deal. I had both an active thunder and formula - both great rough water boats, and both very dep boats. I am not sure how sitting down will be but i am sure its something you get used to. Whate are your likes and dislikes?

Last edited by Chris; 03-06-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Y2k

Rides like a 35 with the price of a 24. I sit im my bolsters all the time no need to stand. On long island we have guys using buckets over bolsters in their 24,s . Fully trailerable , my wife even help trailer it back from Texas . Its not as plush as formula, just meat and potatoes. To me its just easier to clean.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 31 Sonic before my Y2K. I much prefer the Y2K! It is much easier and more comfortable to drive when sitting IMO. After a day in the Sonic I was exhausted from standing, trying to keep my balance, throttling, and steering.

The Y2K handles rough water better, faster with less power (and 1 less motor), very light-easy to trailer, the cockpit is actually larger the the Sonic, passengers on the back seat can actually see over the bow instead of looking into the cabin.

The major difference is cabin space. Y2K has less headroom, stowage and amenaties. But that is personal prefference. You can get one built with a sink and enclosed potti, just watch your head!! The only time I ever used my cabins was for the potti, tools, cooler, and stuff I did not want flying around the cockpit. But there is still plenty of room to overnight.

I love the Y2K and plan on keeping her for a long time!!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered

Oh, and here is a little rough water for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTiJJx5oKDg#GU5U2spHI_4
Old 03-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Does anyone have any pictures of the Y2k cabin? Are there any comparments at all? Where do people keep anchor, jackets, bumpers, tools, etc.....just curious because I've been looking at these boats as well.

Pure Energy, saw your boat in person when I did the LGPBA poker run in my last boat, love the paint!

Thanks,
Chris
Old 03-06-2008, 02:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Here ya go
Attached Images    
Old 03-06-2008, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

more.....
Attached Thumbnails y2k owners-sb-y2k-photoshoot-040-medium-.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SUPERSTITIOUS
Here ya go
Very nice....not really looking for too much more then that. Is there any storage under the side benchs and/or v berth? Is there an anchor locker way up front....looks like a little door up there...?

I like your dash too...nice and clean!

Last edited by Big Time; 03-06-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is storage under the forward V berth. Also you can order 2 more smaller storage areas on the port and starboard side up front under the V berth. Superstitious might have pics of those. My computer crashed and I lost alot of those pictures. There is also storage in front of the forward bulkhead. And under the rear cockpit seat. Under both buckets stere is storage also . Plent of room to store dock lines, purses, wallets etc.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time
Very nice....not really looking for too much more then that. Is there any storage under the side benchs and/or v berth? Is there an anchor locker way up front....looks like a little door up there...?

I like your dash too...nice and clean!
Its all you Chris. And faster than Pete's boat with a 525.

Quick Reply: y2k owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.