24 Speed Update >

24 Speed Update

Notices

24 Speed Update

Old 05-20-2008, 02:49 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

JC alway thought my old 24 would be able to pull a 26labbed... not a chance.
Find that prop that will let u right up to your max(5200) rpm w/o hitting the limiter... that's the trick.
Try a 26b1. I wouldn't spend the $ labbing anything till you try all stock props.

Btw, i ran w/ sean my 1st summer w/ the boat(with the stock 454) and I wouldn't say he left me in the dust. I was running around 64-65.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Here's a few pics, I'll email you the high res files.

Pic 1 This measurement was 6.25", from the bottom of the transom assembly to the bottom of the "V" on the pad.

Pic 2 This should at least give you and idea if your x is close to mine. I took this pics with the propshaft parallel with the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails 24 Speed Update-2008_0522_235338aa.jpg   24 Speed Update-2008_0522_235657aa.jpg   24 Speed Update-2008_0522_235532aa.jpg  

Old 05-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dave! I'll look for the bigger images in email today. I wasn't able to measure anything this weekend as we had some company down for the weekend. Now that I have this though, I can get some measurements and compare.

Looking at the straight on pics from the rear, I'm not sure if we look much different from memory. I'll let you know what I find out!

Thanks again!! I owe you a few beers for sure!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered

Well, I measured mine at the same place as you Dave, and mine is 6 1/2". That means that I am 1/4" shallower than you. I doubt if that would make much of a difference. I suppose I could try a small spacer to get the drive a little deeper. Might be worth a shot. Heck, it's cheaper than a shorty!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Registered

measure from the pad to the center of prop shaft, most vees with a deep drive will be 6 to 8''. my baja was about 7'' ,now with a 2'' shortie I am at 5 and pick up better handling and 4 mph. so even if your at 6 to 61/2 go a 2'' shortie and 4 blade 3s won't work my buddy has about 575hp in his 24sb with a trs way to deep it chine walks after 72 and has hit a high of 76 at 5600rpm with my old 25 mirage. hope this helps and pat hows the new boat. artie
Old 07-01-2008, 05:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
575hp in his 24sb with a trs way to deep it chine walks after 72 and has hit a high of 76 at 5600rpm with my old 25 mirage.
I realize it's a TRS and all. But something does not sound right there. I can hit 76 any day of the week with 425HP.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The prop is at the right height if it's the same as Dave's.
Try a 26p B1 or a 25p Rev 4. You want your max rpm at 5200-5300.
These boats are vary weight sensitive so to get max speed you will need to set her up to run with no tabs, 1 person (just the driver), 1/4 tank or less of gas.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
The prop is at the right height if it's the same as Dave's.
Try a 26p B1 or a 25p Rev 4. You want your max rpm at 5200-5300.
These boats are vary weight sensitive so to get max speed you will need to set her up to run with no tabs, 1 person (just the driver), 1/4 tank or less of gas.
The 76 was with 2 people and at least a half tank of fuel. I may be getting my hands on a 26P Hydromotive Quad IV-X to try. That is supposed to be their bow lifter prop. I can't seem to get my hands on a Bravo 1 of ANY size! I've been looking to try the 26P Bravo 1, but can't find one short of spending $300+ for something that may or may not work. I already did that with the 27P Mirage+. I need to put that up for sale now.

BBlades says he can add some cup to my 25P and get a couple more mph, so I may try that as well. I guess this is the downside to having a hot rod. The upside is that the engine runs fantastic. It starts and runs like a new merc motor and sounds bad ass. We did a little tweaking to the program and that helped with cleaning up the idle and some starting issues. Some of the timing numbers were way off what they should have been. My engine guy went through the program box by box and cleaned up all of the discrepancies. The original programmer didn't take care of the small stuff in the program.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey J,
My boat ran 1mph slower for every extra person/150lbs.
BBlades has B1 and Rev 4 test props.
The QIV-X is similar to a B1 but on my old boat the B1 was faster.
I plan to rebuild my 454 vary similar to yours. I have an HP500 cam and HP500 heads in my stockpile. I bet your program would work. Are you using a MFEI-3 computer? Did you check the program in the boat with O2 sensors? Can your builder load my little black box?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

No O2 sensors in the boat. When I get my tails re-done or get new ones, I will have them set up with the sensor fittings so we can check it. My tail pipes need to be re-done because the exhaust ports on my heads are 3/8" higher than stock. We've got them on, but it does leak just ever so slightly.

Brad can do MEFI 3 computers. That is what mine is. The work he has done on mine is just the tweaking. Tyler did all of the A/F ratio work when the engine was on the dyno. We had to send it back and forth several times as Brad didn't have the software for MEFI computers at the time. He finally bought it after my engine was done. I used Tyler's cam, and his program specifically for the cam was WAY off. The first start up was so rich that no one could go in the dyno room without choking on rich gas fumes!

I don't know how much Brad would do for a computer for an engine he didn't have on his dyno. He is VERY careful about things like that and likes everything to be just right. He has had engines pop on the dyno that had a program that was set up "just right" for the application by someone else (whipple), so I don't know if wants to do long distance tuning or not. It would certainly be worth a call though. I'll probably see him this weekend as well and can ask what he thinks. You can PM him as well. He is Nobody on the board.

Quick Reply: 24 Speed Update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.