Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Superboat gathering ? >

Superboat gathering ?

Notices

Superboat gathering ?

Old 03-15-2002, 11:36 AM
GRH

I can trailer from Albany.... tell me when & where to be & I'll be there.... I could launch in Albany & set a world record to NY City... maybe we could get world wide TV coverage.... Back to reality... John did say any get to gehter he had anything to do with would be on the Island...probably over to Fire Island... let's make a weekend of it...

Old 03-16-2002, 01:44 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good plan some one in contact with John want to pick a site and a date ??? Then post it and we will start to get a head count of who will come to the gathering.
Old 03-16-2002, 01:47 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Default Thank you

Jack ,
Thanks for the stickers I got them yesterday. Just uncovered the boat today . So i'll start working on it this weekend.
Old 03-17-2002, 05:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Hey Guys,

A gathering would be great. Long Island would be do-able for me. I think it would be cool to check out the factory, cruise around a bit, dinner drinks?

How far is the factory from the water?
Ramps?
Hotels?
Waterfront restraunts?

Lets here from the LI boys who know the area. If it is going to happen I think we need to nail down some specifics soon. You know how your summer calendar can fill up fast.

Dave M.

P.S. Went for my first run yesterday! Boat ran great!
Old 03-17-2002, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default SUPERBOATEVENT

HEY DAVE AND GASSTICKS,we are ready come on up , i live on the water in babylon,have room for you,boats,and trailers,know john,all the hot spots,my friend has a 30 superboat and i have a 30 also. we can go to all the hot spots on fire island,plenty on the shore,camp out on the beach in the fire island inlet,a very nice beach and cove,bring the wives and kids,stay a couple of days, in other words,make a vacation out of it.you will have fun peroid.wadda u think? look at a map of LI and look at the bay on the south shore from long beach to patchouge,about 50 miles and nice water,plenty of resturant,bars to go to,we do it every weekend. I have alot of boating buddysthat we cruise with and a superboat gathering,and all performance boat meet would be cool. if all performance boats from LI met on one day just east of the captree bridge, i bet we would see at least 100 plus boats. wadda think john? tripps ps john u know me from the seagull
Old 03-17-2002, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Dave and Gassticks, there are about 5 ramps you could use,loccally to me,some nice hotels not to far,plenty of resturants and dinners,i have room for a few boats at my dock and trailers,so in other words LETS ROCK. Hey my younger brother has a 24,lives in VA, 20 miles south of the MD VA border of route 13. hey john do you have a SUPERBOAT banner we could use , a big one to stick in the sand at democrat beach so all your boats would know where to go? tripps
Old 03-17-2002, 08:04 PM
Registered

Cool

You guys get something set up make sure to let us know! live in Ohio but the tempest trailers great! would love to come out for a gathering of Superboats on the Island
Old 03-17-2002, 09:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Tripps,

Sounds like this could be a good time. When does the water get warm up there? Family or adult event? I have two small kids who love the boat, but I could get a baby sitter. Grandma lives in NJ.

Your bro lives in the sticks eh? I know the area well. I go out there for work often. Out near Chincoteague.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:48 AM
JIM H
Charter Member

hi boys i have spoken to john about this and the only problem he has in organizing this event is the (for lack of better words)is the legal issues ie some one get hurt at the event if you guy want to put something toghter iam sure he will support it some fashion
shop tour's etc.etc. it might be good to do it before the summer rush on the south bay
ill be taliking to him today
jimh
ps feel free to email me with any ideas i relay them to john
being that he computer is inop
Old 03-19-2002, 12:16 PM
GRH

John can "attend" as an "invited guest".... It wouldn't be a party without him.... Lets clarify if this is an "adult" gathering... or "family"... I have a 5 & 10 yr old son & daughter I'd love to bring, or not.... depending on if there were going to be anywhere (beach) or other kids to play with.... However... I'm looking at 5-6 hrs travel time... so it would be a good weekend away with my wife if the consensus is "Adults" only.... I up for either way... How many want to bring the whole family?

Quick Reply: Superboat gathering ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.