Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Superboat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat-44/)
-   -   Superboat gathering ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/superboat/19674-superboat-gathering.html)

Gassticks 03-08-2002 07:26 AM

Superboat gathering ?

It was mentioned earlier on the board that there might be a gathering of Superboat owers this spring ? Is this still going to happen? It sure would be neat to do somthing like this ?:D :D

JackL 03-09-2002 05:44 PM

Chris
How are you doing? Did you finish the work on the transom? Still looking for a boat. Business is a little slow so I might have to go with a 21 till things get better. I found some nice Superboat stickers in the garage the other day if you want I'll mail them out to you. Send me your address.
Take care
Jack

GRH 03-10-2002 12:11 PM

Keep me in the loop for the SUPERBOAT gathering.... Jack L... that decal offer open to anyone?

JackL 03-11-2002 06:52 PM

Sorry
GRH sold my 24 to gassticks have to give him the stickers. I am not to far from John if you need anything I don't mind running over there to get it.
Jack Linden

Gassticks 03-12-2002 09:56 AM

Stickers

Hey Jack,
I'm not to sure if you got my e-mail with my address.
So here it is again

Chris Ekarius
908 locustvale rd.
Towson MD. 21204
And yes I would like to have the stickers that you have.:D :D

GRH 03-13-2002 08:37 AM

Jack L - I was half joking about the Decals.... i responded to the SUPERBOAT website regarding the free decals to owners.... no response.... anyway thanks for the offer....

JackL 03-13-2002 07:54 PM

Chris
I sent out the stickers today. If you come down for the Superboat get together make sure you call.
Jack

GRH 03-14-2002 08:40 AM

SUPERBOAT GATHERING

I spoke with John Coen this week & he didn't know of any planned gathering? Does anyone know if there are any plans in the works... I'm from the Albany, NY area & would very much like to attend with my 24'......

Gassticks 03-14-2002 11:44 AM

Superboat Gathering ?????

Well I guess I'll through the Question out there . Who would be interested and where would you like to get togeather. Maybe one of you guy's know's of a place???? I'm from the Baltimore area myself. But lets get some action going.

JackL 03-14-2002 08:50 PM

Tell John to get his ass in gear. Lets do it on the south shore of Long Island and check out all the new boats at the factory. I would love to see the new deck on the 21 and the 34 with twin HP500's.

GRH 03-15-2002 11:36 AM

I can trailer from Albany.... tell me when & where to be & I'll be there.... I could launch in Albany & set a world record to NY City... maybe we could get world wide TV coverage.... Back to reality... John did say any get to gehter he had anything to do with would be on the Island...probably over to Fire Island... let's make a weekend of it...

Gassticks 03-16-2002 01:44 PM

Sounds like a good plan some one in contact with John want to pick a site and a date ??? Then post it and we will start to get a head count of who will come to the gathering.

Gassticks 03-16-2002 01:47 PM

Thank you

Jack ,
Thanks for the stickers I got them yesterday. Just uncovered the boat today . So i'll start working on it this weekend.

Dave M 03-17-2002 05:12 PM

Hey Guys,

A gathering would be great. Long Island would be do-able for me. I think it would be cool to check out the factory, cruise around a bit, dinner drinks?

How far is the factory from the water?
Ramps?
Hotels?
Waterfront restraunts?

Lets here from the LI boys who know the area. If it is going to happen I think we need to nail down some specifics soon. You know how your summer calendar can fill up fast.

Dave M.

P.S. Went for my first run yesterday! Boat ran great!

tripps 03-17-2002 06:01 PM

SUPERBOATEVENT

HEY DAVE AND GASSTICKS,we are ready come on up , i live on the water in babylon,have room for you,boats,and trailers,know john,all the hot spots,my friend has a 30 superboat and i have a 30 also. we can go to all the hot spots on fire island,plenty on the shore,camp out on the beach in the fire island inlet,a very nice beach and cove,bring the wives and kids,stay a couple of days, in other words,make a vacation out of it.you will have fun peroid.wadda u think? look at a map of LI and look at the bay on the south shore from long beach to patchouge,about 50 miles and nice water,plenty of resturant,bars to go to,we do it every weekend. I have alot of boating buddysthat we cruise with and a superboat gathering,and all performance boat meet would be cool. if all performance boats from LI met on one day just east of the captree bridge, i bet we would see at least 100 plus boats. wadda think john? tripps ps john u know me from the seagull:D :D :D :D :D

tripps 03-17-2002 06:15 PM

Hey Dave and Gassticks, there are about 5 ramps you could use,loccally to me,some nice hotels not to far,plenty of resturants and dinners,i have room for a few boats at my dock and trailers,so in other words LETS ROCK. Hey my younger brother has a 24,lives in VA, 20 miles south of the MD VA border of route 13. hey john do you have a SUPERBOAT banner we could use , a big one to stick in the sand at democrat beach so all your boats would know where to go? tripps

Super30 03-17-2002 08:04 PM

You guys get something set up make sure to let us know! live in Ohio but the tempest trailers great! would love to come out for a gathering of Superboats on the Island :D :D

Dave M 03-17-2002 09:31 PM

Tripps,

Sounds like this could be a good time. When does the water get warm up there? Family or adult event? I have two small kids who love the boat, but I could get a baby sitter. Grandma lives in NJ.

Your bro lives in the sticks eh? I know the area well. I go out there for work often. Out near Chincoteague.

JIM H 03-18-2002 11:48 AM

hi boys i have spoken to john about this and the only problem he has in organizing this event is the (for lack of better words)is the legal issues ie some one get hurt at the event if you guy want to put something toghter iam sure he will support it some fashion
shop tour's etc.etc. it might be good to do it before the summer rush on the south bay
ill be taliking to him today
jimh
ps feel free to email me with any ideas i relay them to john
being that he computer is inop

GRH 03-19-2002 12:16 PM

John can "attend" as an "invited guest".... It wouldn't be a party without him.... Lets clarify if this is an "adult" gathering... or "family"... I have a 5 & 10 yr old son & daughter I'd love to bring, or not.... depending on if there were going to be anywhere (beach) or other kids to play with.... However... I'm looking at 5-6 hrs travel time... so it would be a good weekend away with my wife if the consensus is "Adults" only.... I up for either way... How many want to bring the whole family?

Dave M 03-19-2002 06:22 PM

Hey GRH,

I know what you means as far as the kids. Mine are 4.5 and 1.5 yrs. It would probably be a better time for me if I left the wife and kids behind on this one. My wife isn't wild about going fast especially in the rough. She's not crazy about camping out on the boat, if it was up to her we would have a cruiser. NOT!!

I guess as far as kids, that can be up to everybody's own judgement.

tripps 03-19-2002 08:21 PM

If it was at democrat beach,its a great place for kids to play,ill be bringing mine . after we go to Kismet inn with john who will be able to drive? haha,just kidding but my kid can driveit. the water gets warm in july but we might see a summer sooner,thank god,so lets make it a casual thing,no legal ties,just fun,maybe a ride to jones inlet and back,a beach party,ill bring my grill and cooler. any body have any other ideas tripps

GRH 03-20-2002 08:58 AM

Dave M - you bring up a good point... my wife is not likely to enjoy chasing John & his 30' accross the Great So Bay in our 24' @70+ just to keep them in sight! My kids would LOVE IT.... but... maybe I 'll bring the kids & leave Karen home.... that won't work! To each his own... if its an overnight & I can sleep on the boat I'd probably come alone or w/ my 10 yr old son... like Tripps said... he can be my DD.... how aboutthrowing out some dates to get this moving forward....

at100plus 03-20-2002 11:18 AM

I'm in

Hi, new to this board, (been lurking here and there) but some may know me from Scream and Fly. I used to have a Hydrostream Valero but last summer I moved up in size to a 21 Superboat. Now I feel I'm sort of an in between S&F and Offshore guy. I wouldn't really consider a 21 a serious offshore, and it's not a river rocket, I think I've finally found a happy medium that makes the wife pretty happy too. Don't get me wrong I still want more speed and I daydream about that 300X all day.

I've heard there has been controversy between the two boards, but I don't care, I like the guys at S&F and I want to meet with fellow Superboaters. I'm from Verona, N.J. and I go to the Great S. Bay very often in the summer. Met a lot of cool hotboaters there. Hope to take part in this summer's Superboat festivities.

Mike Mongiovi
21' Superboat
225 Pro Max
Dodge Ram V10 2500 Black

JIM H 03-20-2002 12:46 PM

hi all spoke to john his idea would be have something at the kismet inn,around late sept. i think tripps idea about the beach party and a offshore cruise to jones inlet is a good idea and then maybe go to the inn for dinner and drinks.as far as it being a guys day or family day it up to you guy's.the only problem would be at the inn ny state law kids are not allowed to hang around the bar area there a 110 slip marina and a guy who rent's out condos 100' from the inn studios,1&2 bedrooms
and at110 plus a 21 is a great offshore boat ask joey impresia or
tony from ocean outboard or nigel hook they all got there start in offshore racing in a 21 superboat
john want's it in sept because he thinks i would be easy to get the dock space at the inn and it wont be to busy at the inn

Dave M 03-20-2002 01:02 PM

Jim H.,

Sounds good to me. Where exactly is the Kismet Inn? Can you get the phone number for the condos. This could work good. If I bring the family and they get tired of the boating / partying they can hang at the condo.

There are SBI races September 7-8th, 28-29th, and APBA on the 21-22nd if that matters. That leaves the weekend of the 14-15th. How does that sound everybody?

Dave M.

JIM H 03-20-2002 04:22 PM

dave m. weekend of the 14th sound good john coen has to speak to the owner of the inn to set something up for the weekend. if you look at the chart of the south shore of li kismet is about 3 miles east of the fire island inlet,democrat point is at the inlet
the phone for the condo guy is 631-586-6362 you might want to call asap because the fill up fast.
i was talking to john about factory tours and maybe a display at kismet of all his boats
i also was thinking o fhaving some kind of contest like oldest superboat,who came from the farthest away,etc etc

tripps 03-20-2002 05:14 PM

Hey guys the 14 is ok for me,and as a matter of fact,im gonna doit everyweekend as soon as i get it in.:D :D :D Ill bet who has the oldest superboat,its a 73 and not mine. how about the fastest one contest? And the 24 is made to order for the greatsouthbay plus i know some calm water shortcuts. Hey Jim is the display gonna be in water? or on land. this could be BIG

GRH 03-20-2002 06:00 PM

Sept. 14th looks good to me... plenty of time to plan... How about a contest for who "drove" thier boat from farthest away.... I can launch in Albany & "fly" down the Hudson.... I'm lookin to win this contest! The Kismet Inn sounds great... I assume they have launch facilities & a place to store the Truck & Trailer? Is this Inn "Kid" friendly? Pool or beach would do it... Dam I'm gettin a woody just thinkin of the possibilities!!!!!:eek: THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT!

tripps 03-20-2002 06:53 PM

Hey GRH there is no ramp at the inn,but captree state park is less than two miles away,check out mapguest and ive had my kids there during the day and evening for dinner,but late night,a nono but there are other places to go tripps

Dave M 03-20-2002 07:33 PM

OH YA GRH, Gassticks and I will come up the Chesapeake, through the C&D into the Ocean and up to Long Island!! LOL :D

Don't forget about Super30 if he comes from Ohio!

OK now we're getting somewhere. September 14th it is? I'm going to call about a condo tommorrow.

Hey Tripps, The South Bay is good for the 24's? What the norm? 1-3's.

Dave M.

JIM H 03-20-2002 09:31 PM

well it sound like something is in the works ill get john to put up some superboat wear hat's etc. one thing kisemt is on a island
when making plans you have to remember this,the condo's great in kismet also there are some hotel's,motel's,and bread and breakfast in ocean beach ill get all the info whan the season starts

just so ypou guys know iam good friend with john and i have a 2001 formula i love the superboat's but none fit my needs
right now
see ya jimh
ps if you want to do a pre get toghter in the spring and ill show you around ill be there

GRH 03-21-2002 08:37 AM

Dave M... you guys would win the distance thing.... if ya make it!.... I've done the Albany to NY trip by boat... about a 4-5 hr lazy(45mph) ride... but I'd prefer to trailer down.... bad weather can spoil a trip like that in the boat... anyway I'll check some accomodations out & set that weekend aside.... There's one other SUPERBOAT on my home lake... a 21 w/300 Merc.... Guy works at the same place as my brother... I'm gonna invite him... lets all try to think of anyone we know with a SUPERBOAT & get the word out.... WE'LL MAKE HOTBOAT MAG FOR SURE!!!!;)

Super30 03-21-2002 09:54 AM

Marked the calander Sept. 14th will try to be there just need someone in the know to give us good info on how to get there...(boat ramp from L.I.E.) I've been to John's before and can get around the Island but help would be great

Thanks
Steve :)

GRH 03-21-2002 10:56 AM

Steve - Depending on where you come into NY perhaps we could meet & drive out to the Island together.... Depending on what time Sat this thing gets started I would leave from Albany in the morning... I'm not familiar witht he area either so two lost souls is better then 1? Any Ideas on what time & where we all want to meet?

Gassticks 03-21-2002 11:09 AM

Count me in . Not to sure if the wife wiil come but I know I'll have a deck hand available ( Get ready Jack ). I'll also mark sept. 14 on my calender.

tripps 03-21-2002 08:39 PM

Hey Dave,you will have no problems with your 24 out here,i have seen so many in all types of water and they handle it well and have had one for a few years myself. I will get you travelers exact directions when it is time,it will be easy, cause i have a trucking business and know every road street and highway out here. tripps im ready and so are my friends

Super30 03-23-2002 06:08 PM

Bad News

Is there another date ? Sept 14 is Race 7 @ LOTO. It is the series championship. Talk it out with each other, whatever, and let me know. Can't miss the championship but wou.ld really like to attend a Superboat gathering.

Thanks, Steve

tripps 03-23-2002 09:26 PM

Het STeve, nothing set in stone yet,but if you cant make it then me and my friends will be out all summer! if you feel like coming out here there is still plenty to do. NYC poker run,one in LI sound, races at the jersey shore,that are always good,still run into john superboats who knows! tripps

at100plus 05-16-2002 12:53 AM

Hey Tripps

1 Attachment(s)
What boat do you have? Have I seen you on Long Island? I usually launch at Tanner Park, I am good friends with Helmut (red STV Euro). I come out several times a year from Jersey. I used to have a Hydrostream (see pic below at Tanner Park) but last summer I bought my 21 Superboat (See pic next post).

I'm in for the Superboat gathering on the 14th. Maybe I can get together with some other Superboaters on Long Island this summer.