Superboat Rant/Vent

Notices

Superboat Rant/Vent

Old 11-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Superboat Rant/Vent

Guys,

Is it me or am I the only one that feels that Superboat just doesn't show their current buildup's and shop enough??
I really like the Superboat line especially the Y2K but just don't see enough pics and talk by them. Maybe it's me but I don't understand it.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angel,

Super is a small local builder on Long Island, they are great boats, and great people, but just as small as Pantera and dont advertise much.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera24
Guys,

Is it me or am I the only one that feels that Superboat just doesn't show their current buildup's and shop enough??
I really like the Superboat line especially the Y2K but just don't see enough pics and talk by them. Maybe it's me but I don't understand it.
Pantera24
Superboat has posted many great build photos of just about all the Y2K'S, along with some great reading in the past 5 years or so. I'm sure with the economic slow down and the lack of people pluncking down cash for boats, things are a little slow at the factory right now. From what I understand they are building boats.JC has kept the company afloat for 30 plus years, I'm sure they will pull through strong. As for the photos just ask Rick, I'm sure he would be happy to post a few photos!

Last edited by Superbabi; 11-18-2008 at 05:06 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Registered

There are multiple threads in the Superboat forum documenting Y2K builds from start to finish. I think we see more here than in other builder forums. Pantera does a nice job showing pics, but they are nowhere near as thorough as Superboat in the pictorial.

What are you looking for that isn't being shown?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys I'm just saying that it sometimes takes weeks when they are doing a buildup to show a pic of the progress.
An example would be the Superboat Around the World(S.A.W.) thread.
Please understand I am not trying to bash or "start" anything bad here.
I understand "Rick" is basically the only one building and thus he is busy doing that, which is ultimately more important.
Superboat is a great product...I just wish the pics wouldn't take so long sometimes. Trust me on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest...this problem to me is a 3.
But I just wondered if anyone felt the same.
Anyway....... I really love the Y2k and can't wait to ride one someday. Not too many down here..unfortunately.

Last edited by Pantera24; 11-18-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:59 AM
JIM H
Charter Member

Look at it this way. You have something to look forward too.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Pantera24
Superboat has posted many great build photos of just about all the Y2K'S, along with some great reading in the past 5 years or so. I'm sure with the economic slow down and the lack of people pluncking down cash for boats, things are a little slow at the factory right now. From what I understand they are building boats.JC has kept the company afloat for 30 plus years, I'm sure they will pull through strong. As for the photos just ask Rick, I'm sure he would be happy to post a few photos!
FX-10 (Rick) has posted lots of pictures of his builds. I believe he posts more about a particular build when he knows the customer is active on OSO.
As I understand, he does this on his own time, not as directed by the owner of Superboat, JC.
In my opinion JC should either pay Rick to do the marketing here on OSO or comment on this page himself.
The Superboat web page links this sight as the owner’s forum and the forum has no doubt helped sell boats.
Rick can get put in a tough position with customers and owners as was the case with my wreck last year.
With Jo and Pepe of Pantera, is great hear from the owner directly about the product and where they stand on issues that get discuss in the forum.
Yes, JC has kept Superboat afloat for 30 years, but the old dog should learn a few new tricks to help keep his business going a few more years.

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 11-18-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:40 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

Pat,

Make that 39 years.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JIM H
Pat,

Make that 39 years.
OK, almost 40 years.
Tell the old fart I said HI.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:12 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

Pat,

Thing's a little slow on the velocity forum

Quick Reply: Superboat Rant/Vent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.