Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Who has gone from a 24 to a Y2K? >

Who has gone from a 24 to a Y2K?

Notices

Who has gone from a 24 to a Y2K?

Old 08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has gone from a 24 to a Y2K?

Or ridden in both enough to have a opinion.. just wanting to know what you like and didn't like about jumping up in size.

Like is it as exciting to drive? The 24 is a blast.
How much better is the cabin space? From what I've seen looks the same for sleeping.. only so much you can do with a 7' beam, I guess.
I know it has to handle the rough better, but is it so much better its worth the switch? The 24 holds it own very well.

Anything else you guys can share would be greatly appreciated... I'm debating about putting some money into the 24 for some upgrades over the next year and keeping her around for a long time, or sell after a while to move into a Y2K.. I'm done with school after this winter, so I'll be back on track.

I love my 24 and its a blast.. everyone thats seen it likes it, too.. also it would be a whole lot cheaper to keep her around- so its got alot going for it.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Gold Member

Test drove a 24. Doesn't do as well as the y2k in rough water... The y2k is fun though you still get the feel like your flying and correcting constantly. After 40hrs of driving the y2k feels like a toy! I'd be scared to go on big trips in a smaller boat now.

The interior is narrow. Haven't slept in it yet.

Ross
Old 08-18-2010, 06:14 AM
Registered

i have owned a 24 and have plenty of seat time in a y2k......

the 24 is a blast like you said and is a very capable boat for its size but the y2k is a much more capable boat.....ride quality is night and day between the two IMHO....my wife could never sit down in the 24 since she has a bad back and has no problem sitting in the 30 through normal weekend chop in the GSB where we boat...

as for the fun factor yes they are both a blast to drive....the 30 takes a littel more rough water to get really exciting if thats your thing but can fly off a criser wake with just as much ease as the 24......

i am a huge fan of the 24 and think for the money they are great boats but the more and more seat time i get in a y2k the more and more impressed i am at what a HOT ROD on the water it is.....if you can afford to make it happen then definetly consider a y2k....you will not be sorry.....seeing as your in OH you should take a ride out here to the south shore of LI for a weekend before summers over and i am sure there would be a couple of Y2k owners that wouldnt mind blasting you around the bay for a while.....one in particular is Elvisali with the 30CC Y2k.....he literally runs the boat all weekend long and loves his i mean hell hes only had it a month and a half and it has 70+ HRS on it already....even though its not a closed deck boat you can still get the feel for what a 30 is like...

OK theres my .02............
Old 08-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm thinking about going to the Y2K. I've looked one over up close and personal but, I haven't ridden in one yet.

I'd say the cockpit might be slighty larger, but the cabin seems HUGE compared to the 24. I don't overnight but I might change my mind with the larger cabin.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GEORGE YURICK

the 24 is a blast like you said and is a very capable boat for its size but the y2k is a much more capable boat.....ride quality is night and day between the two IMHO....my wife could never sit down in the 24 since she has a bad back and has no problem sitting in the 30 through normal weekend chop in the GSB where we boat...

as for the fun factor yes they are both a blast to drive....the 30 takes a littel more rough water to get really exciting if thats your thing but can fly off a criser wake with just as much ease as the 24......

i am a huge fan of the 24 and think for the money they are great boats but the more and more seat time i get in a y2k the more and more impressed i am at what a HOT ROD on the water it is.....if you can afford to make it happen then definetly consider a y2k....you will not be sorry.....seeing as your in OH you should take a ride out here to the south shore of LI for a weekend before summers over and i am sure there would be a couple of Y2k owners that wouldnt mind blasting you around the bay for a while.....one in particular is Elvisali with the 30CC Y2k.....he literally runs the boat all weekend long and loves his i mean hell hes only had it a month and a half and it has 70+ HRS on it already....even though its not a closed deck boat you can still get the feel for what a 30 is like...

What he said And if you are ever around these parts, give me a shout, will take you for a spin and show you how the boat runs

EA
Old 08-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GEORGE YURICK

I agree with GY I've owned both and my Y2K is unbelievable!!! Worth every cent!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have owned both.... the 24 is a great boat for its size... and very capable in many conditions up to a point (65-70mph)... over 75-80 mph you need to pay close attention...the Y2K is a completely different boat... I like to sit & drive & the 30 is a true sit down & be comfortable boat.... the 30 will run 80mph over anything I've encountered... and feels very stable and capable of much more... The 30 reminds me of an oversized Allison... it likes to ride high & free yet it lands solid & secure.... it is alot of fun to drive.....
Old 08-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have been in a few 24's at the Jersey Shore, OB and IO, as a passenger and the driver, Very nice running boat on the Barnget Bay,
but there is nothing like the ride in a SUPER Y2K, the hull can handle any water. After 6 years and 400 plus hours the ONLY
jump for me would be the 36' Y2K !!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've owned a 24' Pantera, a 24' Super, and my Dad had a 24' Excalibur. I've been in lots of 26 to 30 foot single engine performance boats including the 30Y2K. The bigger the boat the better the ride in rough water. Even the ride in my 26’ Velocity is night and day vs. the 24 X 7s in the rough.
The 24' X 7' do vary well for there size but the ride of a boat that is 6 feet longer and weights 800-1000lbs more is not going to be much of a comparison. The Y2K ride much better for sure.
The cockpit is longer and more roomy in the Y2K and the cabin is really long probably fitting 4 to sleep if you could deal with breathing on each other.
Good Luck with your hunt...
Old 09-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The boat in the classifieds is the one I sold in the spring, it is super clean and he's added AC, shore power and a flat screen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.