Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
30 CC Performance Numbers????? >

30 CC Performance Numbers?????

Notices

30 CC Performance Numbers?????

Old 07-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not much of a CC guy.. but that thing is awesome (specially with the new power!)
Old 10-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Nice work, nice pics and some great info!!
G, Love the little guy pics....
Old 10-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Registered

I know not that many outboard Y2Ks have been built. Is there a top speed difference between the full deck and the CC versions? How much faster is the Y2K bottom than the old Tempest bottom?

Cool boat and cute dog, btw.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

The only y2k with outboards ran something like a top of 92, and was a consistent 88/89 according to the owners, (with pro et props and 2.5 mercs). I know they have an outboard hardeck in the production que, but just not many out there to have any real gauge. George and I have discussed this many times that the center of gravity would be different in the boats and would be interesting to see how a 30 y2k with 300 xs's would run. I know it wuld be less windy then mine.....but I like the wind
Old 10-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Registered

I wonder why Coen hasn't built more of them. I suppose people don't want them? Anyway, you own a sweet boat!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dba900
I know not that many outboard Y2Ks have been built. Is there a top speed difference between the full deck and the CC versions? How much faster is the Y2K bottom than the old Tempest bottom?

Cool boat and cute dog, btw.
not to knock the tempest bottom because there are a few good running tempests out there but the current version of the Y2k bottom which is the one on seans boat works way better for all around use IMHO....seans boat with the 300s is an 85mph boat through just about anything the bay throws at it and does it without murdering you and you dont have to wheel the hell out of the boat to keep it straight....it runs flat as can be so the nose is very planted and doesnt head for the sky every cruiser wake you see...the boat does 65-70 at 4500 rpm thats Cruise speed on those motors bump them up to around 4900 and your a solid 70+ cruise....there arent many boats that can do that and do it comfortably.....under 70 anyone can drive the boat...its that docile...over 70 it requires a little input but just basically keeping your hands on the wheel and throttle is all....LOl...under 70 you can let go of the wheel and the boat runs straight as an arrow....It still pitches a bit in side rollers as any 7ft wide boat would do but never chinewalks...doesnt porpoise...i honestly have nothing but praise for the way the boat runs...i am thinking maybe a little more setback for seans boat as an experiment this year but its really great as it sits....

most of the outboard tempests i have run require more driver input and skill to run em hard and fast and although the tempest is faster power for power i would take the ride and user friendliness of the Y2K any day.....we had one set up with 300 yamahas that was just under 90 but man what a bear to drive if the conditions werent perfect.....

and for the dog lovers....lol...more of mikey hamming it up....

Last edited by GEORGE YURICK; 10-27-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Exclamation

My old 30 Tempest (Ocean Outboards race boat) ran 90 with twin 2.5's. It had a 3' step and the motors on the transom, no setback were 18" on center. Tony also ordered it as very light cored layup. I will also agree it was a real hand full to run above 75+.

Mikey, the ham looks very happy!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

Mikey!!! Favorite dog in our house

What george said is all correct, as far as why JC hasnt sold more, who knows, everyone who goes for a ride loves it, and I know the owner of the other single suzuki cc and he loves it, its such a user friendly, hybrid type boat, it would meet a lot of peoples needs, but what do I know!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Registered
Gold Member

IMPO, The CC is a very sharp, very versatile, sporty looking and with great performance to go with it!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I know...Old thread. But I am thinking about selling my Y2K and curious about the CC's. Do you think it would be possible to put a T-top, or arch on this boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.