I just bought a y2k Superboat >

I just bought a y2k Superboat

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from owning all checkmate boats to buying a Superboat y2k. I live in the Midwest and do a lot of boating at the lake of the ozarks where the water gets really snotty. I hope this boat handles the ozarks as well as I am hoping from reading all the y2k posts on hear. Also wanting to do a few more up grades to the already professionally built 575 in it. I will be installing the cmi large tube headers on it next week. My goal is to break the Almighty 100mph mark. Has anyone hit a 100 in the y2k( and im talking a legitimate 100). If so how does it handle at those speeds. 100mph in a single engine v hull i can imagine has the potential to get hairy quick. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Hoping
to win the shootout this year at the lake of the ozarks for my class. I also have a checkmate 253 convincer for sale if you know anyone looking. Very fast. Just had a custom 640hp 540 built and put in. It has probably about 10 hours on it so far.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

There are a few Y2K's that have seen 100 . I'm hoping to get there now that I've lost the Konrad with its tranny . Gonna throw my motor back on the Dyno as it will take all 800hp to get there . If not I have a 2K upgrade to make another 100 hp and then I know I'll break into the triple digits .
Reinforcer runs over 100 but kills drives doing it like myself and anyone else with a big HP single .. Get a drive to hold and its very doable .

One last thing , With the bottom on an 02 model like yours it gonna take 1000hp to see 100 unless flip it and stick it . But then the smart will say blueprinting is the best money you'll ever spend to go fast

Last edited by OCCJoe; 01-29-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Registered

Is the old hull really that much slower? Is the old hull dangerous at high speeds, you are talking about flipping and sticking? What should the old hull be running with a 575 pushing 650 hp?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Registered

XR drive
Old 01-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Registered

Should be close to 700 after installing the cmi headers and a Dino tune
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Registered

By the way. Your boat is one good lookin y2k. The black rocks. I like the rig to.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Congrats on the new boat. I have seen some rough water at LOTO but none I would think was too bad for a Y2K. But I have not been there on a huge weekend like Shootout so take that for what it's worth. I have been in lot's of rough water on the Chesapeake Bay and never wished I had my 31 Formula back. My boat has had as much as 850 in it and didn't hit 100, but came close, 900 might get you there.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Supreboat in View Post
Is the old hull really that much slower? Is the old hull dangerous at high speeds, you are talking about flipping and sticking? What should the old hull be running with a 575 pushing 650 hp?
TedG's boat had the first 600sci when it left the factory . It also has the same bottom yours has and it did low 80's . Then it was taken to 700 and only got to the mid 80's ..Finally got the 800EFI potter motor and got into 95mph range . Superbabi could tell you more accurately but I think I'm close to the correct numbers ..Mine has the latest designed bottom and ran 95 with 800 hp also but the difference is I had the bulky Konrad drag and the HP loss of the tranny .. Your gonna need close to 1000hp to hit triple digits ..

Thanks for the complements on the boat . I was gonna do a custom paint job when I bought it but the black and white is just so clean and sexy i decided to keep it for a while
Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Registered

Thank you Ted. I am pretty excited about it. Do u live around the ozarks? Have you had the y2k there. What was the reaction? No one has heard of or seen a super boat around here. I have been talking to John and am really going to try and get him some business as I would really like to see him keep Superboat alive and would also like to have some to run with here. I'm going to try and get a dealership or two interested in them. Who wouldn't want to keep up with the bigger boats with a single engine v and burn less fuel. I'm hoping to keep up with the 35 to 38 footers out here in the poker runs. While in Miami testing it I was very impressed. As i also think most loto people will be. fountains are a big thing hear and there is no doubt this boat handles better than a junk fountian. I blew the doors off a 35 cigarette cafe racer. He couldn't keep up in the waves I was running in. He was proposing like crazy and I was running flat and ontop the waves. Very impressed but a little out of my element out there.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 PM
Registered

Also what drives are you guys running now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.