Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H2OSCENE'S HP 525 Merc is back 35 over and completely rebuilt

The Y2K will be sooo Happy!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 05:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey John I know your boat went to Superboat for some much needed repairs and refinishing . Hows that looking and are there any other upgrades in the plans . I'd bet your daughter is ready to get behind the wheel again .
Old 03-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Registered

Yes the Y2K is at Superboat getting some glasswork that is needed thanks to Super Storm Sandy... Money is tight but the first thing that was needed was the Motor because sitting there wasn't helping anyone but possibly an anchor collectors... Motor will be pushing over 640hp with the factory rebuild and better injectors... Next I need the drive looked out it may need an upper seal and is due for new paint... Boat will need some scrapes and gouges filled then gel coat along with some other stuff... Coen is doing just fine for now since there is no insurance check to help me pay for this...
Old 03-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Registered

MERC 525 HP

http://youtu.be/le6MSNZjkgE

Last edited by H2oscene; 03-28-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Nice! Can't wait to here the results.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:09 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

John I don't know how your nerves can take your boat sitting on a lift during a hurricane in the first place . You have two different videos of it getting beat during storms . I hope the next time you can get it on a trailer or in dry stack before the weather gets so bad .
Well at least it will be like new again ..
Old 03-31-2014, 05:55 PM
Registered

John- great news on the boat getting back up and running! A lot of us took sandy lightly after Irene, and I know the beating we took on the south shore of Long Island, so hearing she will be running again soon is great to hear! And really glad to hear you are having any glasswork needed done by Jc and superboat.........Great thing about fiberglass....easy to repair. She will be better then new when done with fresh power to boot

Are you shooting for the LI poker run? If you can make it, first round is on me
Old 03-31-2014, 08:23 PM
Registered

OCC the boat has been fine on the lift until Sandy... I always was a Crap Shooter... Lost this hand by not having it insured... Irene did look scary in my videos but the boat just got splashed a little... Rumor has it in this area that we may have got at least one Giant Set of Waves that pushed it off the lift during Sandy... Lucky it was a Super Lucky Superboat and landed in my yard and didn't get seriously damaged, crushed or sunk...It could have been totaled if it didn't end up exactly as it did... The boat did get banged up cosmetically and got a couple of bad Gouges in the sides from the lift... Rick started the repairs before he went South and John Coen will be finishing it at the shop...
The engine hatch piston was disconnected for the winter and the hatch blew off which let the motor get soaked and that's why it had to be completely redone for big $$$...
Thanks elvisali it will be a great Poker Runner for sure.... Should get some better speed out of the motor now that's its 35 over with better injectors feeding it...
Old 04-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Registered

Hurricane Irene Video 2011
http://youtu.be/rdxQQi8DxKY
Old 04-04-2014, 11:04 AM
JIM H
Charter Member

who did the motor for you john

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.