24 superboat project value >

24 superboat project value

Notices

24 superboat project value

Old 07-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24 superboat project value

3 years ago I bought a early 80's superboat project, work pretty hard for 3 months on it and let it sit. It has come to a point where i can afford to buy a complete boat and don't have enough time to finish the one I have. So I'd like to get an idea of what I should list it for. Right now it is a bare hull, it needs floors in the cabin patched and the transum need to be redone. Removed the rails and cable going don't the front of the boat and filled the holes, sanded the entire deck and primed it. The hull it self had been painted at some point and still looks good. So pretty much what I'm trying to ask is what is a 24x7 hull worth on a decent galvanized trailer?
Thanks super boat owners
Old 07-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Since you weren't specific on year I ran a 1980 24 outboard in NADA boats, minus the engine and with no added options value is $1,860. That value would take into account basic rigging that is not in your hull anymore. There's a pretty good market for the hull if priced right for a restoration job. You can NADA the trailer under the BOATS header too. Good luck with the sale.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

There was a gut on here a few months ago basically trying to give away a 24/7, forget the brand. GRanted it was a candidate for paint gone wrong thread, I think he was done to 500 at one point, Location is everything on a deal like that.I think a few people would have bought it, myself included but it was just to far to go get.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where are you located?
Old 07-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks Ing i didnt relize that nada would do values like that. Id have to check the hin to get the year, i cant seem to remember. I actually have a guy coming out today to give me a price on doing the glass work so i can finish it. Im in limbo right now trying to figure out if i should but money and time that i dont have into it or just buy another super boat and get on the water. turbo rr i sent you a pm
Old 07-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with alot that others have posted. A great deal in a bad (faraway location) is not a great deal if one has to spend an extra thousand on fuel and take time off from work to get it-or even to check it out.
Where is this boat located? Also, is it an IO or an outboard? If an IO, minus $ for TRS, Volvo or Stern Power, plus $ if a Bravo. If an OB, it opens up the market to guys on Scream and Fly. Is there any rigging? Trim tabs? Steering? Interior? Is there bottom paint on it? My guess would be $1,000 to $3,000 depending on everything above.

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 07-08-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

The boat is in south eastern pa, it is a i/o and had and old drive that looked like a speedmaster but had a round gimble, i belive it is a stern power. it needs the transome done so it can be what ever you want. it has a hyd helm forfull hyd steering. i have 2 trs drives, gimbles and trans that could be part of the deal. i also have the original drive. It depend on what other boat i find but i kave a set of k280 but they would not be in the deal unless my new boat had nice tabs. there is no botom paint on it and with a set of tire the trailer would be good to go.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

top posting so a guy who asked me about it can find it. the boat has a new transom now i believe.