Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
How to tell cored hull sides vs non cored? >

How to tell cored hull sides vs non cored?

Notices

How to tell cored hull sides vs non cored?

Old 02-12-2016, 08:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

My Miss information

Last edited by OCCJoe; 02-13-2016 at 09:18 PM. Reason: I've been schooled
Old 02-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crowney that is not a full cored boat ...That boat is only cored from the front bulkhead forward . You can see it as clear as day. Every y2k has core from forward bulkhead to bow because that part of the boat crashes threw wave. Race layup is complete sides and this boat is not..
Old 02-13-2016, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As Eddie said
It not a cored side. I put a 1 foot wide strip of coring behind the bulkheads as a compression barrier. The bows are not cored. Only one that was cored was Superbaby. The layups are also different. Standard layup is with 24oz. Roving answer 1 1/2oz. Mat. Race layup uses 1708, . All you need to do to see if it's cored is look down the inside where the cockpit is. You'll see it plain as day.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Holly $hit ! post a little miss information and you wake all the people with the answers . Rick you can understand that most people would have to see both to have the comparison . I wasn't going to uncover mine to look so I was going off of the only pic I was sent . Nice to see your still active !
Old 02-14-2016, 12:11 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

There's a simple answer when you don't know don't assume ..
Old 02-14-2016, 10:25 AM
Registered

Fx10 please clear your in box Thxs
Old 02-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I was mostly relaying info I was given by Sr when I was in Lindenhurst looking at a new boat . I remember looking in the cabin of the yellow boat and JC saying look at the hull in the cabin (thats the coring he said) $2000 upgrade he said .

The Pathetic part of all this and this isn't the first time its happened is : Here you have a potential Superboat Shopper interested in a Y2k seeking information and not one person from the superboat stable stepped up and answered his questions until now . And I get why Rick doesn't bother responding ,theres nothing in it for him so whats the point . And I'm assuming Jr is using Fastedy's account again and he doesn't really care that much either, but rather then just step up to prove somebody wrong how bout stepping up in the first place and promoting your dads brand and keeping the boats on the water .

It takes a lot of work to promote a business and be positive all the time . It's a full time job. You can spend hundreds of hours promoting your business and not ever get a sale from it . It can be exhausting I get it but there are some companies that do a beautiful job at it . Outerlimits for example does it well evan after the loss of Mike they still answer all the questions they can . I've never seen them be negative or demeaning to anyone . They just answer the questions and try to be positive and hope that next sell comes along . O well Same $hit Different Day . Crowney the only suggestion I'm gonna make at this point is if your gonna try and buy that particular boat is the closer you get to spring the less negotiating power your going to have . Good Luck !
Old 02-14-2016, 12:26 PM
Registered

Ok so after HOURS of research I think I understand what Rick (FX10) is saying. After comparing the Superstitious build pictures that has a known fully cored hull sides WITH the picture that OCCJOE uploaded for me on the 1st page; in that pic you can see a raised step of about a 1' section before the bulkhead... which is foam coring only in that 1' section. Correct? AND in the superstitious build titled "just signup! Y2k me too" on PAGE 32 there is no raised step before the bulkhead because that has a fully cored hull and runs the length of the boat. That's why the hull side is smooth. This leads me to believe that the boat/pic on the 1st page is NOT fully cored because it has that raised area before the bulkhead. Am I understanding this correctly? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry, I cant figure out how to upload the pictures

Lastly, I would like to say thank you to ALL of you taking the time to comment whether right or wrong, it got people talking or otherwise I'd be lost.

Last edited by Crowney; 02-14-2016 at 12:43 PM. Reason: .
Old 02-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Registered

i don't post much anymore, a while ago I got tired of seeing people Bickering every time an interesting post came up .........definitely got old. But Crowley since you seem really interested in a great boat.......just tap the side and you will know immediately. I had a 24' , they aren't cored and you can tell immediately (but it isn't needed). You tap the side of a cored boat (like my center console) and you can also tell immediately.

I wouldn't be scared off by a non cored y2k, unless you are blasting offshore constantly I don't think it's necessary in the io version. In the cc, I think it's more of necessity because you don't have the full deck and inner liner, etc.

At the end of the day, the y2k is a great boat and if you have a chance to get one then grab it. George took some friends out in mine and they went and bought a full deck a short while later because they loved the ride. It's a phenomenal boat and everyone I know who has or had one loved it.

Best of luck in the search!
Old 02-21-2016, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pound for pound one of the best riding boats around ! I've had mine since 2001 and still get asked to sell it at least twice a year. Buy one and enjoy it ! And in 5 years when your life changes and no longer use the boat you'll almost guaranteed to get all your money back ! In today's world it's better then the stock market .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.