Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Y2K Tempest >

Y2K Tempest

Like Tree2Likes

Y2K Tempest

Old 08-22-2016, 06:18 AM
Registered

Yes Why Yes it is ! Same boat ! The boat was sold before it was dialed in with propeller technology from 99. Went to Utah and I acquired it in 2001 . Had an Bravo on it that broke the lower then the upper then broke the prop shaft . Switched to the speedmaster for maintenance free boating . Did loose between 5-7 MPH switching . Bravo technology along with prop technology has come a long way in 15 years. Going back would add the same another 5-7 maybe more with today's P-5 props or a Herring ! Guess my point is if you took my motor and put it in another 30 super with a bravo set up it wouldn't be as fast as mine with a Speedy . John built a really great Boat!!
Old 08-22-2016, 10:13 PM
Registered

I always loved this boat please post pics old and new if you have some.
So you are the second owner? I remember a pic of a newer 30 superboat with a bravo in a "hot boat" mag which would have been a west coast boat, pic looked like it was in Havasu. Thought it had a blower sitting out of hatch before...this is yours? Redone with a speed master 4 or 5. I remember "media master", the west coast tempest, and yours being newer ones, but yours and the west coast boat are 1 in the same? You brought it back to NY?
I remember a newer 21 in AZ too.... Not too many superboats out west, that's why it caught my eye great boats!
Old 08-23-2016, 06:04 AM
Registered

Yup same boat from Havasu ! The article was in the April 2000 Poker Runs America Magazine . The magazine is in with the stack of paper work I have with the boat. NY Craigslist has Pics
Old 08-23-2016, 07:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Man, I sell my Y2K and now everybody wants to talk about Superboats. I haven't seen this much activity in the Superboat forum in yrs.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
Man, I sell my Y2K and now everybody wants to talk about Superboats. I haven't seen this much activity in the Superboat forum in yrs.
Too funny
I haven't been on in awhile in general
Just happen to see "tempest" in this section....
It caught my eye
Always liked these boats after seeing a few in person
Is Superboat still around and building?
Old 08-23-2016, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
Yup, I spend less time on boat forums these days and talk Donzis for the most part. The Zuperboat is a special case though...gotta follow what happens/where she goes next...
Old 08-23-2016, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat View Post
I have had some prop kickers I guess you could say. Almost every one starts with Tempests did have step Bottoms! The boat has a 3 foot notch !! I say No. 3 steps and a 9 inch notch. Kind of afraid to sell it to someone who doesn't have a clue on what there really buying .
Is it a Tempest deck on a Y2K hull?
Old 08-23-2016, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera View Post
Is it a Tempest deck on a Y2K hull?
Yes
Only one made,
I think.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:35 AM
Registered

From What I was told years ago. John made 2 Tempests with the Y2K bottom ! 1 outboard that was in Florida last I heard and my I/O. Don't know if the outboard is a lite weight race layup also ! I think the 3 foot notched boats were long gone.

Last edited by z.zuperboat; 08-25-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:25 AM
Registered

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/boa/5809580810.html You can find the pics

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser