Jack Plates >

Jack Plates

Notices

Jack Plates

Old 01-30-2020, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jack Plates

Trying to get my post count up so I can post some pics of the boat and I thought of a question. Is anybody running a jack plate on their outboard setup? I was told by the previous owner it was something he had wanted to do along with a low water pickup. He said it can not only add MPH, but cut down on chine walk as well.
I saw a few fast center consoles at the Charleston Boat show (not any real performance boats there) that were running them. When I do some searching on YouTube and google I mainly see bass boats running them.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts

Youve got substantial setback already. Im guessing 21-24 inches? Adding a jack plate will set you back even further. I had a 24 with a 300x with a jack plate and 4 setback. I liked the jack plate for the shallows and the ability to drop the outdrive in real snotty conditions.

Last edited by SUPERSTITIOUS; 02-01-2020 at 11:16 PM.