Y2K trailer >

Y2K trailer

Notices

Y2K trailer

Old 05-27-2020, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Y2K trailer

Hi all got another question. I have a Y2K at Eddie Youngs right now getting repowered and it sits on a rolls axle trailer. I think I may have an issue or two. First it’s bolted together rather than welded, thoughts? Second and probably the larger question is the axles have the “puck bumpers” ( not a clue what to really call them) and that is the sum total of the suspension. While towing, especially at highway speeds, it seems to “jump” quite a bit when going over a medium to large size bumps. Far much so more than my former trailers that were walking axles or springs. Do y’all tow on similar? Is there something worn I need to replace? Is there a mod to improve the “ handling”? As always I certainly appreciate the input. I have always operated upon the theory that one must not know it all, rather just know those who know the answer.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Every trailer has its pluses and minuses You may have purchased fasterdamit’s boat and trailer. When he and I purchased our 30 Superboats we purchased the trailers together. I’ve had many trailers thru the course of my life with springs, torsion, etc. The Rolls Axel trailer is a pretty robust simple basic design suspension In my opinion. I never really found issue with it and I can understand your point of it seeming bouncier then perhaps the torsion axle. Dan at rolls axel father patented that design. A phone call to him may be advisable if you feel something is amiss or a concern. Yes they are bolt together trailers. I liked mine enough I went with another one on my current build. I considered torsion, but I decided to stick with what I had. On the new trailer Dan has increased the I-beam size slightly as the material he gets actually comes in longer lengths which allows an extra crossmember further back to support the rear bunks better. If you’ll notice on your trailer the bunks extend out past the back of the trailer. One issue on my old trailer that I did notice was on the back last crossmember there is an approximately 3 inch piece of aluminum that bolts that crossmember to the I-beam, it has an approximately A 20° bend in it. I had actually found them to crack which Dan and I thought might’ve been from leverage of the bunk not being supported and stressing that piece. Dan ended up fabricating those pieces in stainless for me and I replace them which cured the problem, I would check yours.
You can change the axels to torsion if you wish. Again give Dan a call he’s been helpful with mine and a straight shooter.

Last edited by SUPERSTITIOUS; 05-29-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Referring to these
Old 05-31-2020, 01:38 PM
Registered

So I called rolls as you recommended and it think I’m all fixed up! Looks like the bumpers were completely worn out and a new set is on the way👍 Thanks for the help.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Now that the trailer stuff is settled…What is Eddie doing for you?

Padraig
Old 06-01-2020, 08:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

^^^^This^^^
Padraig (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 09:31 AM
Registered

Well I bought the boat two years ago to replace a spectre 30 with outboards( the old lady didn’t like the cat at all and to be honest I was tired of the hop). Well when I bought it I was damn sure happy with it rode great handled well and nice to have a cabin area( I’m in Arkansas and you never know when a thunderstorm will pop up. With all the positives the draw back was the speed I would find myself pushing on the throttle even though it was at the stop
( 500efi and an XR) So I set out to find some
speed ... my plan was to do it in stages so first I upgraded the drive to a BMAX and went a season no speed difference but a stronger drive as I’m in the MS river with one screw and don’t really want to float all the way to NOLA if I broke down. Last fall I decided to upgrade the power I bought an Eddie Young 525 with a 3.3 whipple. I spoke with a number of y’all on here over the winter about drives, drive height, and boxes and ultimately decided to ditch the BMAX and go with a new Xr and ITS setup. So currently Eddie has hung the drive replaced the cables for all the indicators and a new indicator plumed the fuel system And as we speak hopefully putting in the engine which I also added a drive guardian to. IM READY TO HAVE IT BACK!
The following 2 users liked this post by Iflylow57:
Padraig (06-01-2020), Stuckonstupid (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 10:59 AM
Registered

Sounds like a great set up and Eddie will take good care of you. Now....I know Eddie must have sent you pics so lets see them, LOL

Padraig
Old 06-01-2020, 12:37 PM
Registered

You know I’ve asked him for some and have not gotten a single one 😢. Between Covid BS , these idiots in the streets and Eddie having his knee worked on we are behind schedule. But I promise to share when I see her again!
Old 06-01-2020, 01:52 PM
Registered

I hadn't heard about Eddie having his knee worked on, bummer. Keep us posted on how it runs. I like the Superboats.

Padraig

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser