Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Superboat Reunion >

Superboat Reunion

Notices

Superboat Reunion

Old 02-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

The only safe place for a shootout is in calm water! Location,in the flats just in the bay outside of the channel like we dont know that
tripps
Old 02-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The truth is, if we get a good day, the safest place for a shoot out would be offshore. No innocent bayliners to accidently cross the path of a screaming hot boat. On a good day the area between jones inlet and fire island inlet a half mile offshore is perfect! Most of our boats are made for rough water and 2 or 3 ft seas could be ideal for best top end. A little air under those deep Vs always helps.I think if we planned an early morning shoot out we might get lucky! Any way its something to talk about at the next meeting, but a "fun run" is definetely in the plans and some offshore running we be included! The HOT TODDY RUN is definetely one of long islands best runs , but dam all that amazing hardware and the run never leaves the Great South Bay ? "RECOVERY" barely has room to get up to speed!!

Does anybody know if the Kismet Inn owns all the slips in that little harbor ? or do they only have a few slips in it ? Maybe we could rent the whole thing for the weekend? Democrat point is a great spot but its crowded in the middle of the summer.
I want to start trying to make a list of people coming ,post your name and boat make and type and a phone or email on here and i will put together a mailing list .
Jim Capie [email protected] 631-893-9320
Old 02-24-2003, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey JIM IM IN. MIKE 30 ZUPERBOAT EMAIL [email protected] I think Jim H knows kismet maybe he can give us some insight. Well GOT to go the babys crying
Old 02-24-2003, 09:03 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

Thumbs up

the inn owns the whole marina i would start very soon if you want to reserve some slips ie.get people to prepay for that weekend and call them and try to set something up
ill try to get a number where we can reach them before they open

see ya
jim h

ps ill be there with my formula
pss i think fast eddie will br there with his factory 1 superboat
Old 02-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Registered

Jim H,
Thanks for the info, if you can get me a number I wiil give them a call! And the list has been officially started ! I will get all info and prices for anybody interested in kismet.I know tripps and others are planing on camping out at democrat point, but out of towners and others might prefer kismet. democrat point is a great spot but it has no facilities, ie:room, board ,bathroom facilities.I think id like to sleep at kismet and party and barbecue at kismet.
Jim Capie
Old 02-25-2003, 06:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I plan on being there. I Had a great time last year except for the "white Knuckle" towing through NYC.

Dave McDowall
1998 24 Superboat I/O
[email protected]
Old 02-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Registered

Default super days

Hey Dave i was waiting to see if you were comin and im glad, are you bring the family? again my offer from last year still stands. the fun run sounds like a good idea,we could go look for some local watering holes and hot boats to play with. and for all you people staying over dont those 21s have porta-poties? ,just kidding.lets go ON THE BEACH 7-26 03, have fun. im brining my BBQ with xtra propane,just bring LOTSA BEER AND FOOD tripps

superfest 2003 july 26-27 2003 in the great south bay
Old 02-27-2003, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK Guys, I'm in. My Block Island trip will be rescheduled for Aug. 3rd or Aug. 17th when the Spring House and Budweiser will host an outdoor cocert. Block Island is alot of fun, would be a good run for you Long Island fellows.
I'll be coming without my wife and son, my wife works everyother Saturday and she on that weekend. Will I need to reserve a slip somewhere? or will some camp out? Where will everyone meet? I'll likely trailer over from CT and I definately want to follow someone that knows your waters. I know it's still Febuary, but I just want to have a look at a map and chart.
Think Spring !!!
Old 02-27-2003, 04:10 PM
Registered

Hey Pat
Great news , we will keep you posted as plans progress.Some are definetely going to camp out, and some are going to stay at fireisland.You will definetely need to make reservations if you want a room , we will try and get info asap as fire island books early!! As for where the meet is I am trying to rent a marina in Kismet on fire island.Many guys are making this a family event and we will be making a run that will be a leave the kids and frightened spouses on shore all out speed run .Tripps and I can help guys who trailer there boats, ramps that dont require permits and a place to leave the car and trailer.

Well guys the list is growing !!
I will post a list shortly
Jim H,
any news on a number I can call to get info on the Kismet inn marina?
Dave,
Where did you stay last year ? you were at kismet overnight werent you?
Any help guys on where in kismet rooms can be had would be appreciated , Fire Island books early!! like now !
Tripps ,
Early march for the next meeting ?
Old 02-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Registered

ITS GONNA BE BIG !!!! im glad,besides charlies run,there is nothing goin on here so ,here it is. Hey J we will have to wait for peconic to let us know when he is around for the meet and I saw my friend that has a 34 that is into it and probally come to the meeting. lets all try to make up some fliers to be distrubeted to places intrested to show them,waddya think? tripps

superfest ,july 26-27 2003 be there

Quick Reply: Superboat Reunion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.