New SB 30 ordered

Notices

New SB 30 ordered

Old 04-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New SB 30 ordered

Thanks for the well wishes on the 'general discussion' area - I posted an introductory thread there (copied below).

It was suggested I also post here, so let me know what I've gotten myself into, will ya?

Also - I am headed to visit John on May 8th to see his operation and discuss some details - anyone offering a ride in a SB?? John said he'd check around but couldn't promise a ride.......

From the other post:
Just sold my Classic 18 Donzi, ordered a new 30Y2K Superboat from John Coen in NY. Delivery is early June, and I CAN'T WAIT! Got the 496HO, tabs, HD engine mounts, no external steering. No cabin interior, compass, engine cover lift, cockpit cover. John said ~10 weeks so that puts me in NY mid June. I've asked to do graphics very similar (but different) to sb30's scheme - really liked that with the black cowlings and red highlights, bezels.

Last edited by krakmeup; 09-30-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:33 AM
mirageman

Dude, I'm totally amped for you!
From what I am reading these boats hold there value awesome, they look awesome, and run very fast! Looks like you got all the good stuff!
Do you live on the east coast? If not have you thought about how to transport the boat? Or are you going for a road trip?
Congrats again, and you will HAVE to let us know how it progresses, I would be interested to hear it!
Oh yeah, the black and red is an awesome combo. Good choice!

Old 04-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Congrats! I bet you can't wait till it's done.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's road-tripping! How do I know? I'm most likely his co-pilot, if my schedule permits...
Old 04-20-2004, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations krakmeup!
I am sure you will enjoy!
Old 04-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks all!!

Excited is an understatement - JC will probably get tired of me calling!!

As for delivery - you got it, Mirage - ROAD TRIP! Went to Minnesota for the Donzi and back in 72 hrs, so NY should be a walk!! I live on the Texas gulf coast, where we boat a solid ten months per year, and all twelve are do-able on the cruiser. We do about 200 engine hours per year, so you know we're out there every weekend!!

I'll post any and all details, and keep you all (y'all) posted. I'm looking for a ride on May 8th from someone on L.I. if they want to share their SB for an afternoon!!

Can't wait, can't wait...... Christmas wasn't even THIS bad!
Old 04-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

CONGRATS ON THE BOAT.I BOUGHT MINE FROM TEXAS AND TRAILERED IT BACK NEVER UNDER 75 MPH.I LEFT SAT MORNING AND ARRIVED BACK ON L.I. SUN NIGHT.I WOULD GET AN ALUMINAM TRAILER.BIG DIFFERENCE IN WEIGHT,MINE ALUMINAM WEIGHED 1050LBS FOR A TOTAL WEIGHT OF 5500LBS TRAILERED.SUPERBOATS TRAILER GREAT,EVEN MY WIFE WHO NEVER DROVE A TRAILER BEFORE WAS GOING 80.CONGRATS AGAIN
Old 04-21-2004, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey krakmeup,
The Zuperboat came off Lake Conroe.
Do you fellows ever venture to the lakes?
My Dad lives on Lake Conroe and I'll be down in you neck of the woods in October for my little sister's wedding...
Only know of three Superboaters with 30' I/Os on this board:
Jcap, Super30, and Zuperboat.
The Zuperboat is being re-rigged, Super30 lives in Mass, Jcap may be ready, but I think he is getting new power too.
Hopefully John has his race-boat or someone else lined up for you...
Old 04-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Pat McPherson
Hey krakmeup,
The Zuperboat came off Lake Conroe.
Do you fellows ever venture to the lakes?
My Dad lives on Lake Conroe and I'll be down in you neck of the woods in October for my little sister's wedding...
Only know of three Superboaters with 30' I/Os on this board:
Jcap, Super30, and Zuperboat.
The Zuperboat is being re-rigged, Super30 lives in Mass, Jcap may be ready, but I think he is getting new power too.
Hopefully John has his race-boat or someone else lined up for you...
don't forget Fast Eddie...but I'm not sure where his boat is right now...Virginia, or LI....??
Old 04-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Zuper, Pat, good to get to know you guys on the forum - let me know if you get this way in October, Pat, we should definitely tag up. We can get to the lakes, but Conroe is 1.5 hours away versus 5 minutes away for Clear Lake, so you know which wins.

I'm still waiting on at least one more quote on a Featherlight trailier, but for sure I will buy an aluminum. The 5800# capacity trailer is called a 7000#, but actual carrying capacity is nominal at 5800#, make sense? I'm getting to be too much of an expert on something I don't normally pay much attention to! Anyway, it's all good info, and I now feel like an educated buyer, so I'm moving on. Will post what I get and details as soon as I can.

Quick Reply: New SB 30 ordered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.