Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
upgrade super16 to 21 millenium? >

upgrade super16 to 21 millenium?

Notices

upgrade super16 to 21 millenium?

Old 12-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: upgrade super16 to 21 millenium?

rick,

i like the idea of the 21 cc also...and when i outgrow my not yet finished 16, i'd love to have a look at one...my only comments would be to make it more of a fishing boat...taller console, leaning post, t-top...that sort of thing...are there any plans?

sean
Old 12-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think so. I can pretty much guarantee the console isn't changing. We do have the center console from the 16, but I don't know if John would put it in the millennium.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Anyone Is Looking To Sell A 16 Cc Please Let Me Know
Im Looking To Put One Together For Me And My Son
Old 12-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Registered

The problem with my 21millenium was that it was sold to me as a BRAND NEW BOAT. In fact...later do I find out ...since I was unable to drive it...that it is had been sold to a guy in Florida previously who couldn't drive it either!
- The reason I am against the 25" motors on a SUPERBOAT is:
First of all...the transoms should have full length glassed knees standard in all 21's & 24 O/B's. But they don't. & guess what. The seam where the deck joins the hull will crack. You gotta install tie bars in them from the beginning or they will crack. JC says you don't need them. But you do. They crack. The 25" with all its additional leverage further aggravates this . It makes it crack. That is what I am saying. Something need to be added to the transom as part of its design.

-Secondly...this is a performance hull. The 25" in combination with the rubber mounts & relatively narrow hull (7'-2" rub rail to rub rail). The motor steers you instead of you steering the boat. It did on my 21 & 24. I notice it. I don't fish. I am a performance boater.

-(Hey...I'm glad you guys are building 2 at the factory. JC didn't wanna take a chance & build me another one in fear of he'd have a third one out there not right. & he did tell me he had flipped mine over & blueprinted it prior to selling it to me...yet still couldn't find out what was wrong with it. BASH was not a HAPPY SUPERBOATER in SUPERBOATLAND at one time But now he is )
Attached Thumbnails upgrade super16 to 21 millenium?-crackport-small-.jpg   upgrade super16 to 21 millenium?-crackstb-small-.jpg  

Last edited by SUPERBASH; 12-16-2004 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Registered

The Hoser's 21 tie bar transom.
Attached Thumbnails upgrade super16 to 21 millenium?-kristens-first-tooth-007.jpg  
Old 12-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SUPERBASH
The problem with my 21millenium was that it was sold to me as a BRAND NEW BOAT. In fact...later do I find out ...since I was unable to drive it...that it is had been sold to a guy in Florida previously who couldn't drive it either!
- The reason I am against the 25" motors on a SUPERBOAT is:
First of all...the transoms should have full length glassed knees standard in all 21's & 24 O/B's. But they don't. & guess what. The seam where the deck joins the hull will crack. You gotta install tie bars in them from the beginning or they will crack. JC says you don't need them. But you do. They crack. The 25" with all its additional leverage further aggravates this . It makes it crack. That is what I am saying. Something need to be added to the transom as part of its design.

-Secondly...this is a performance hull. The 25" in combination with the rubber mounts & relatively narrow hull (7'-2" rub rail to rub rail). The motor steers you instead of you steering the boat. It did on my 21 & 24. I notice it. I don't fish. I am a performance boater.

-(Hey...I'm glad you guys are building 2 at the factory. JC didn't wanna take a chance & build me another one in fear of he'd have a third one out there not right. & he did tell me he had flipped mine over & blueprinted it prior to selling it to me...yet still couldn't find out what was wrong with it. BASH was not a HAPPY SUPERBOATER in SUPERBOATLAND at one time But now he is )
Superbash,
In reference to "THE CRACK". The cracks in the pictures you are showing are not in the fiberglass. They are nothing more then cosmetis cracks in the gelcoat that is applied by Bob to fill the void between hull and deck. The hull and deck are glassed on the inside with 5 alternating ply's of mat and 24oz. roving. Rather then have Bob spend 5 hours making the transom look pretty. From now on, we'll do like all the other manufactures and put a piece of aluminum trim on it. This way we won't have anyone say our transoms are cracking, when they're not.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Registered

For heavy abuse, I agree with you. Tie bars are the way to go. They can easily be tied into the stringer system.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Registered

SUPERBOAT #1

Yes FX...I agree with you 1000%. SUPERBOAT is my boat. Has been for years. I'm not afraid to beat on them. Yes...I gotta do the angle trim to cover the "fractures" in the gel.

-PIC 2002-2003 Millenium (Before my a-hole neighbor told the town & made me take down my "SUPERBOAT-PORT")
Attached Thumbnails upgrade super16 to 21 millenium?-041219_18_13_37_24.186.86.68_320x240.jpg  

Last edited by SUPERBASH; 12-19-2004 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:58 PM
cwc
Registered

Superbash,
Any more pictures of that boat?
Old 12-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Registered

CWC - I had some really nice ones... but the 'puter ate them.
Attached Thumbnails upgrade super16 to 21 millenium?-21cc-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: upgrade super16 to 21 millenium?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.