Notices

Y2K props

Old 12-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Y2K props

More info about the SUPERBOAT Mystery Racer. He drives a Durango with SUPERBOAT stickers & SUPERBOAT stickers on his hard hat & is from Lindenhurst. He does re-bar in concrete...........?????? Usually its a small world when it comes to stuff like this.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks JCAP.
The American Offshore I had was awsome in rough lake chop as long as it was 2 - 3 feet I could still run 90's. But when it got above that my passengers where uneasy at half that speed which took all the fun out of it. The boat liked it but dancing on top of the big chop but it made some people want out. I've been admiring pics and vidio's of the Y2K and thought this may be the answer to rough lakes or the offshore cruising I want to do. It's possible I may venture into F1 or ? in the POPRA series out here on the west shore.
I love speed. Just thinking the Y2k may be the next level for me to tackle bigger water and still keep the passengers at ease.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Registered

ok Pat the real prop gods are matt and julie!!

More blades are always better handling, and often faster but not always ,without rambling too much its thrust that increases with more blades and larger diameter----------------------
If anyone cares to read the rambling :

Thrust is a mechanical force which is generated through the reaction of accelerating a mass of gas, as explained by Newton's third law of motion. The gas or working fluid is accelerated to the rear and the engine and craft are accelerated in the opposite direction.
From Newton's second law of motion, we can define a force F to be the change in momentum of an object with a change in time. Momentum is the object's mass m times the velocity V. So, between two times t1 and t2, the force is given by:

F = ((m * V)2 - (m * V)1) / (t2 - t1)

If we keep the mass constant and just change the velocity with time we obtain the simple force equation - force equals mass time acceleration a

F = m * a

If we are dealing with a solid, keeping track of the mass is relatively easy; the molecules of a solid are closely bound to each other and a solid retains its shape. But if we are dealing with a fluid (liquid or gas) and particularly if we are dealing with a moving fluid, keeping track of the mass gets tricky. For a moving fluid, the important parameter is the mass flow rate. Mass flow rate is the amount of mass moving through a given plane over some amount of time. Its dimensions are mass/time (kg/sec, slug/sec, ...) and it is equal to the density r times the velocity V times the area A. Aerodynamicists denote this parameter as m dot (m with a little dot over the top).

Basically all this bullsht means more blade more moving water , a garden hose with water moving through it at 50 mph ( 2 blade prop) a fire hose with water moving through it at 50 mph ( 5 blade prop )

Jim
Old 12-23-2004, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jim, you sound like on of my college professors now.
I graduated 15 years ago (BSME).
No offense Jim, but I know your are older than me.
How do you remember that stuff?
I sure don't...
Old 12-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Registered

it seems i am an enigma, all those bong hits improved my memory,
go figure

Try a 5 blade , even if the prop gods say no , all the technical bs means nothing when compared with trial and error, after MRD promised blueprinting would give me 5 mph and I got nothing they convinced me a shorty drive would give me 5 mph, I bought an imco 2in shorty and lost 8mph! I was told by throttle up that 5 blades like to be high so I tried the shorty again with a 5 blade still lost 5mph, I couldnt break 86 87 mph no matter what! then Matt told me that thier testing with SVL raceboats sometimes got better speeds with a deeper drive , I got a 2in spacer to lower my drive ( I always that higher drive less drag faster boat right?) drive 2 inches deeper and I already was pretty low( center of shaft 4 inches below keel) and BAM 91mph first pass with a spacer,
Old 12-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Registered

Hey FX any info on my layup?

Do superboat HIN numbers mean anything? like 5th digit is the number of boats made or the year and month or anything like that. Lots of guys wondering how many Y2Ks, how many outboard or I/O, and was a boat built with 1/4 canopys the website does show one
thanks
Jim

Hey Merry Christmas All !!
Old 12-23-2004, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Zuperboat,
You got to listen to professor Jcap. Lower that prop shaft back down...
Mike, you been following this???
Old 12-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Registered

ZUPERBOAT ????
Attached Thumbnails Y2K props-041223_20_09_57_24.186.86.68_320x240.jpg  
Old 12-23-2004, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

You are Cruel Bash...
It's a little easier to make that change with an eggbeater I guess.
I bet if ZZ added a 2" spacer, he would gain a lot.
What do ya think Jcap?
Old 12-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Registered

I think that the Zuperboat had an extension box on it when MRD ran it with the blower motor , If it was a Zero offset box that would have put the drive deeper . I think that boat was the fastest yet with the step bottom , Skip at MRD said it ran 97mph .Where are ya Mike? what was the set up before the drive change?

Quick Reply: Y2K props

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.