Jersey lost a Sutphen to TX >

Jersey lost a Sutphen to TX

Notices

Jersey lost a Sutphen to TX

Old 05-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jersey lost a Sutphen to TX

Dont know if anybody saw Miss Maxon going through Atlantic city and down the Jersey turnpike but she is on her way to TX but she'll come back, maybe for a HORBA run or just to play on the intercoastal.

I hope that its not the only time she hits 90mph this summer!!!

I know Tim Ciasulli ( planetman ) used to own her and i saw pics from when she was "steppin out" but that is about it, so if anyone knows any stories or better yet has any pics please let a happy new owner know. Please refrain from telling me any stories that include losing races, running out of gas or sinking in the Atlantic and certainly none that include all three!
Attached Thumbnails Jersey lost a Sutphen to TX-osopic1.jpg   Jersey lost a Sutphen to TX-osopic2.jpg  
Old 05-13-2006, 07:55 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Jersey lost a Sutphen to TX

why'd it take so long for it to be delivered?
didn't the boat sell on ebay months ago?
Old 05-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Registered

yes, but i was to cheap to spend $2500 on delivery and i thought it would be fun to make a road trip, next thing i new it was spring, diesel was $3 a gallon and i had to make a 4 day, 3500 mile round trip with a ten yr old rusty MYCO that i didnt even know if it would make it empty. it wasnt quite as much fun as i thought... but i am a whole lot better at Geography now.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got some great pictures of Miss Maxon from the 1984? World Championships in Key West. Maxon finished 3rd overall in Modified class. Post your contact info and I'll send you some pics.
PS that Sutphan likes ROUGH water, I'm sure you could mix martinis at speed on the intercoastal!
Old 05-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Registered

Rowdy!! [email protected] send me anything you got, i would really appreciate it. I joined HORBA today and thought i might find some info but no luck. I have few pics as Miss Maxon and Steppin Out but the more history i can collect the better it will be, i knew it ran in modified class, i guess with small blocks and then another class with big blocks and i was told it holds a world record in a class that was disolved so it will always hold it but i dont know the details. Anyway i do appreciate the info and glad you confirmed the rough water handling that we assumed it had to have, i am hopeing to have it ready for the HORBA run in key west in November to see for myself.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Big,
Back in the day modified class was allowed a combined total of 734 CID. Most boats ran 350 blocks. Maxon ran de-stroked big block 454's.Hope this helps, if I think of any more trivia, I'll post it.
Big-do you have an address for snail mail? The pics I have are 35 mm. I can have some prints made up and I'll send them-I've got computer illiteracy-dont know how to send them thru the computer.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Registered

McDonald, 304 harbor cir, montgomery tx 77356. thanks again. Let me know if i owe you anything other than a ride next time i am up north. Andy.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RG, Did you ever come across any old pics of "ALL RISK"? So far I've only found one and it was at the dock. She ran out on the west coast By a guy named Tom Hayes. Anything would be helpful....Thanks.