Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
Coolest 39 ever...for sale >

Coolest 39 ever...for sale

Notices

Coolest 39 ever...for sale

Old 10-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The time of the Ebay auction expired (the seller actually lowered the reserve price )and the boat was not sold .If the owner is an offshore only member and reads this i am still interested in this boat at a price indicitave of what is needed to complete this package relative to what a 1995 38 Sutphen is worth in TODAYS market.Please send me a Email.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
PS i researched the boats history .Fred at Trick sold the boat to Parnell (complete with a pair of 1100 blower engines ) for approx 115 grand.Parnell ran the boat then took the engines ect out (to use on a Saber)and sold the boat to the current owner for approx 45 grand.The current owner put a new floor in the cockpit and redid the guages ect and he now wants 70-90 grand for what amounts to a hukk with 2 number6 drives (who knows in what condition)
You are correct with the players, just a little off on the chronology. I looked at buying this boat years ago when it was still in Florida and owned by a gentleman that also has a 36 Skater. It started out life as a triple, and was converted to a staggered twin by Sutphen. The final rigging was completed by TNT with twin 900 Chiefs and dry-sump sixes, and ran 105.
When I was considering it, the asking price was $100K, a pretty damn good buy.
Parnell picked up the boat and used the running gear for a Saber 41, but did run the boat in Lake Michigan prior to removing the power, and was impressed with it.
The boat was then sold to Fred who equipped it with wet-sump sixes and blower motors and sold it prior to getting it wet.
I have some pics somewhere of it when it was still in Florida and will post if I can dig them up- timing wasn't right for me; I wish I could have bought it. Parnell was the winner on this one!
Jim
Old 10-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jafo
You are correct with the players, just a little off on the chronology. I looked at buying this boat years ago when it was still in Florida and owned by a gentleman that also has a 36 Skater. It started out life as a triple, and was converted to a staggered twin by Sutphen. The final rigging was completed by TNT with twin 900 Chiefs and dry-sump sixes, and ran 105.
When I was considering it, the asking price was $100K, a pretty damn good buy.
Parnell picked up the boat and used the running gear for a Saber 41, but did run the boat in Lake Michigan prior to removing the power, and was impressed with it.
The boat was then sold to Fred who equipped it with wet-sump sixes and blower motors and sold it prior to getting it wet.
I have some pics somewhere of it when it was still in Florida and will post if I can dig them up- timing wasn't right for me; I wish I could have bought it. Parnell was the winner on this one!
Jim
i believe the boat was sold by fred less motors

later
Old 10-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Registered

IF i could get into the entire package for around 90-100 grand and have a 100 mph Staggered Sutphen i would go for it today (regardless of the hulls age ).This boat is a very unique piece.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:19 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Sutphen's are unique....that's why they don't have a used market value. Been one of the best kept boating secrets since the early 80's
Old 10-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

Its a shame the boats were-are not marketed better since they are one of the best built hulls out there (esp in the rough)This 39 would be a perfect fit for me because where i intend to boat a traditional v has certain advantages over a stepped hull.(the stepped may be faster but in the Atlantic Ocean off NJ you will not really be able to run over 100 anyway ,just too rough)
Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Registered

Any one know what happened to this boat (was it ever sold ect )
Old 11-09-2007, 06:40 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Reddeath, I tried to put something together but we couldn't get together on number. I don't have trannies and exhaust laying around and the parts needed just make the end cost unrealistic, at least if you were to try and sell it maybe a couple years down the road.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

Bob you are 100% correct and this is the exact reason that the boat has sat uncompeted ,unsold for years further depreciating as time goes on (especially in a totally horrible boat sales market).
Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

PS I found Randy (Cobra Power )estimate to complete the above Sutphen using the following- rebuilt 1000 hp blower engines ,rebuilt Bam 1500 trannys ,slightly used CMI Headers ,tailpipes,mufflers(staggered configeration ) used props, new tie bar.Without rigging it was 65000.00 in parts alone,

Quick Reply: Coolest 39 ever...for sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.