Notices

Sutphen ?

Old 10-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sure...... no problem.
what I mean is .... they need to give Rich Jr the green light & make things happen there again!
He & I have spoken at least 5 times over the past year about building the big boats & me one,with some new ideas. it's interesting because they have a good thing sitting down there.
people would be standing in line....
I would, in a second, If I knew they had it "together"

Also, not everyone wants a 39/40 hull.
Returned Phone calls from Rich Sr would be nice also.
(2 tries)

I t's just what I seem to feel from my dealings, that's all.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

LETTERRIP...

I truly wish "they" were out there again in the market place!
I have been a fan for a long time, but it is extremely hard to sell/buy a Sutphen unless you are a "fan"!
At one time in the northeast Sutphen was king, everyone knew about Offshore Speed and Ski, and Jim Goodrich.
Attached Thumbnails Sutphen ?-sutphen_flywithus.jpg  
Old 10-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey!
I know that boat, dan...my buddy bob pattison, jr...took that baby for a spin, and i saw it in the basement at os&s in winsted about 8 years ago.....
nice ride............wish it were in my yard......
c
Old 10-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess ive been lucky, I have called and spoken to cristine several times (she is very knowledgable and was very helpful).I have also spoken with rich Sr. 2 or3 times to discuss hull and rigging modification advise and was surprised at the length of time he spent talking to me.Earlier this year i spoke w /Rich Jr.( before he moved to Fla) who was also very helpful and got back to me with some info he had to dig up. I think its hit or miss though w/ the calls and dan got the right idea w/ the emails. I remember that boat too it was on a hoist @ Harbor one for a few yrs w/dealer reg. Use to see it over in L.I.on occasion. Wonder who owns it now? CG there use to be a guy in saybrook that did covers and upolstery. Did some real nice work on some of my buddies boats, I could find out. Pm me if interested .
Old 10-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Registered

friend of mine owns that "beautiful 40" in the advetisement He is insanley meticelous with it & /heated garage kept for the past 6 or so years. It Screams & maybe he would sell if someone was seriuosly interested
He loves it!

I have been on it many times & it is MINT!
A true example of a sutphen.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by letterrip
friend of mine owns that "beautiful 40" in the advetisement He is insanley meticelous with it & /heated garage kept for the past 6 or so years. It Screams & maybe he would sell if someone was seriuosly interested
He loves it!

I have been on it many times & it is MINT!
A true example of a sutphen.
Does it still have hp 500's in it?? Lets see some current pics!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered

Actually I do not have any pictures of it.
He Looks around on here , maybe he could post some.
It's his boat so ,respectfully it's his choice.
But, it is a nice boat.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM
TKO
Registered

Chris and Rich are doin excellent and are good friends. I was in the shop a couple weeks ago delivering my boat, a 40' full cabin pleasure boat richie built for me over two years. The new hull is 8/9 mph faster than any previous hull and I'll be racing it in Key West. Rich has been fine tuning my boat on his own time. The New 40 Foot plug he has designed is completely different, beautiful and aerodynamically futuristic looking. That along with the designs and tweeks in the hull make this the boat of the future and very marketable and available soon. Chris and Rich are turning a new page in offshore and will be accompanying me in Key West. Chris and Rich are the most accessable and honest people in performance boating. So if you're in Key West for the World's stop by the dry pits and say hello.
Sutphens=Integrity in boats and as people.
-Walt
Old 10-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Registered

Default Chris & Richie

TKO,

I couldn't agree more. Had a minor problem rerigging my outdrive assemblies Chris tried helping then Richie got on the phone and walked me right thru it. Never once was I made to feel time mattered, and it was my first call on this issue.They are wonderful people.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TKO
Chris and Rich are doin excellent and are good friends. I was in the shop a couple weeks ago delivering my boat, a 40' full cabin pleasure boat richie built for me over two years. The new hull is 8/9 mph faster than any previous hull and I'll be racing it in Key West. Rich has been fine tuning my boat on his own time. The New 40 Foot plug he has designed is completely different, beautiful and aerodynamically futuristic looking. That along with the designs and tweeks in the hull make this the boat of the future and very marketable and available soon. Chris and Rich are turning a new page in offshore and will be accompanying me in Key West. Chris and Rich are the most accessable and honest people in performance boating. So if you're in Key West for the World's stop by the dry pits and say hello.
Sutphens=Integrity in boats and as people.
-Walt
Agreed and can't wait to see how you guys do in Key West. I wish I could be there. Good luck and make the Sutphen name proud!!!

Last edited by OL40SVX; 10-30-2007 at 04:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Sutphen ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.