Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sutphen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen-64/)
-   -   Northeast/New England Sutphen Reunion!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen/180627-northeast-new-england-sutphen-reunion.html)

30ctsutphen 07-07-2008 09:54 PM

Thanks C,
Its F-ING contageous!!

I went out sunday ran to pavillion then up the river because visibility was awful.

I get to haddam about 8:30pm and figure Its time to head back.
When I go to turn around I kick one forward one back.

One stalls.

So I kill the other, so I can hear it start etc.
Well Now both are dead.

I hit batteries to both still nothing.
I mess with the wires (can you say giggle and pray)it fires both engines and I am on my way. 68 MPH all the way back to saybrook.(excpet no wakes)
I pull into the dock Port motor wont stay lit at low RPM.

ELECTRICAL SUCKS!!

Other than that the boat runs great and handles the water pretty well.

I would like to run over with you some time, but that weekend aint gonna work for me unfortunately.
Lets definately get out there together though.

Both engines were very good on the compression test etc. I need to figure out whats up with the port engine stalling at low RPM. Nothing worse than heading to the dock and finding out your on one engine last minute.
Its always the port losing fire too. starbord stays lit no matter what.

Black Wishbone 07-08-2008 08:18 AM

Getting back on topic who is still going and what are we planning now.

Full Throttle 525 07-08-2008 08:26 AM

I'll be out on Sunday at Claudio's for sure.

Ron

Black Wishbone 07-08-2008 10:40 AM

where is Claudio's

Black Wishbone 07-08-2008 10:59 AM

Never mind I found it I think Greenport?
I know we been planning this for a long time but should cancel the weekend thing and just meet up on Sunday. I will be solo if I leave on sat I could have at least on passenger on Sunday. I really don't care what we do I just want to got out there and meet up with you guys.
Steve

30ctsutphen 07-08-2008 11:38 AM

I feel the same as long as we get together thats the improtant thing.
We could even tear up the river for all I care.

claudios is cool but docking all these boats there will possibly be a night mare. The back side will probably be where we'll all end up. Over by the carosel

I am not one for getting out early. I have a friends stag the night before.

I may be out for a while sat after getting the boat cleaned up too. If anyones out.

Claudios is in green port and is easy to get to.
I think the compass heading is 330 from the river if I remember correctly.

Light house to light house.
After you reach the light house on the other side you will go right around the back of it. follow the channel in you will follow the channel right again until you see the burned out ship yard and it just past there.
If anyone has better directions please chime in I don't want to send him the worng way or him have trouble etc.

Black Wishbone 07-08-2008 11:54 AM

I would like to go to Claudios since I have never been. I'm not to worried about getting to greenport. And depending on what every one agrees on I might just come from stratford which looks like it is a direct shot east. I could also meet in Old saybrook too.

Full Throttle 525 07-08-2008 01:07 PM

Hey Steve:

I'm going to put my Pantera in at around 10-10:30 or so in Old Saybrook. The Stratford run will be an hour and 15 at 52MPH. I'd rather trailer and it's only twenty minutes from the mouth of the CT river to Claudio's. I'm staying at Mitchell's Marina in Greenport Saturday until Sunday. My cell is 203-640-4009 or 203-671-5138. Make sure you call. I may have a few sneak peeks of the new 21SS.

Ron

OL40SVX 07-08-2008 01:28 PM

Claudios on Saturday and Sunday then?? Less time and less gas then going to block. Steve lets meet up in Saybrook then run across together. Ron, we'll see you at the ramp!!

ChristianGott 07-08-2008 04:40 PM

jeff...
you said "giggle" in post 101....that makes you a very patient man, iMF'd the boat for 3 hours today trying to find the problem....it's fixed (i think it was the new-style neutral safety switch connection, 'course the dist. and rotor looked pretty lame for being only a year old....) glad i have a motor to compare stuff to...

do you think you've got a $h!tt# fuel situation that could be shutting you down?