? about driving tricks and tips >

? about driving tricks and tips

Notices

? about driving tricks and tips

Old 06-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about driving tricks and tips

I was wondering since there are so many experienced racers and throttle men on this board if there were some tips and tricks for driving in big water etc.

I know with ATV's and dirt bikes there are subltle things that make riding much easier.
Such as tapping the brake off a jump will bring the nose down tail up and reving the throttle with bring the frnt tire up all while in mid air.

Anyone have any input?
Old 06-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

you forgot slightly dragging the back brake while accelorating thru the whoops keeps the bike straight.....
Old 06-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered

When in doubt gas it!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
you forgot slightly dragging the back brake while accelorating thru the whoops keeps the bike straight.....
Yeah I was hoping for more boat tips and tricks.
LOL

Is that a welcraft nova in your avatar?

That was the first boat we had when we were kids, I think ours was a 73 or a 74 21 FT
When we sold it the dealer painted it yellow too. It was such a great boat that all others have been measured by it in our family since.

That boat was so good in rough weather. we loved that thing
Old 07-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when the 30 starts to chine walk at 75 wait a bit to get more speed and drive out of it. around 85-88 it comes to life and the boat feels amazing!

what do you need most help with
Old 07-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
Yeah I was hoping for more boat tips and tricks.
LOL

Is that a welcraft nova in your avatar?

That was the first boat we had when we were kids, I think ours was a 73 or a 74 21 FT
When we sold it the dealer painted it yellow too. It was such a great boat that all others have been measured by it in our family since.

That boat was so good in rough weather. we loved that thing
Yep, 1990 Nova 26ST, love it! Had it for five years now.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered

Toasty Just looking for general Ideas and tips.

looking for insight as to what makes one driver of a race boat better than another.

I am sure there are lots of little things that add up just as there is in drag racing, road racing etc.

I had some nasty chine walk the other day and can't imagine driving through it without cutting power. It was pretty violent.

It was produced by different drive heights (driver error) though .
My indicators were sticking as well as me Just f-ing up.

I am sure there must be more to it (driving throttling)since you have a seperate throttle man and driver.

I saw that some guys were having a high performance boat driving school in peekskill advertised on this site and that made me think about it.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Registered

no one is better or at least i am not better
steve berk is great when it comes to suts
Ed toth, is amazing. when he drives my boat and i throttle the boat just feels quick. he is always up on the wheel. when you feel the boat start to go over to one side play with the wheel. I had one owner of race sutphen told me you have to jerk the wheel back and forth when it starts to chine walk....and it will stop it...it worked sometimes its funny what you need to do but his idea was a good one. but when i saw eddie run my boat he is all over the place trying to make the boat level, and it really runs well when he is driving and i throttle

it really has to do with the 26 degree deadrise, because there is more V the boat has a tendancy to drop of center ergo chine walk put a little tab into it if you can without killing mph

how long have you had it?
just have fun, you will get it, i am sure sut owners are some of the smartest people going, thats why they bought sutphens and not cigarettes.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Registered

Well we have had a 30 OP and a 20 SP They were both great boats.
Mostly pleasure boats alittle playing around with going fast etc.
So now I have the 26 with a standoff box and out boards.
I have only had this boat a few weeks.
Its a different animal all together from the others.

It has much more tendaency to walk than the 30 ever did and the 20 never wanted to at all. trim it anywhere you like it was rock solid.

I am wondering if the direction of prop rotation cold be a factor.

I was just looking for little insights to help all drivers not just myself. This board can get kind of slow and I thought It might be a good conversation peice for everyone to get involved in.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Registered

yes yes yes turn them out more stable turn them in more chine walk but get stern rise some people like diff set ups

Quick Reply: ? about driving tricks and tips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.