rough water post??

Notices

rough water post??

Old 09-10-2008, 12:38 AM
1CE
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Konrads, great decision, how u-doin ? say hi to Kurt too ! J---

Last edited by 1CE; 09-10-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by letterrip
Thanks Brad !..... you witnessed why ya need at least 30 feet & twins on the ocean.
I actually wish I could have seen how it looked from another boat.

I have heard the stories of the " boxer " 26' boat with big power running alongside a "36 Cig. with blower motors" at 90 mph in BIG water on the south shore and kicking it's butt.
so... it can do it! , but if anyone blew a drive or any other failure for that matter , out there the other day with a single I/O ....well, good luck setting a anchor till sea tow shows up!

I am putting Konrad Drives on this winter...THEN it will be a monster!

lets hook up soon out there........
Trust me, i would love to have a 30 or 33 with twins, just dont have the cash flow right now. im still young tho and have time.
i see myself on a 30 or 33 in the next 1-2 years if all goes well
as for blowing the drive, i did that last week on my way to glouchester lucky for me it wasnt bad out. and i still could power the boat a little bit and limp to the boat ramp. if i was stuck, i would have used my sea tow, but anyway, she sure looked sweet.

as for hooking up. i think tonight will be my last night out. im pulling it out today to clean it and change the oil and drive oil and bringing it up north this weekend, then bringing it to the racks for indoor storage.
if the poker run gets moved till next week then i will bring it back, but the plan is, im all done. im going to dig the race car back out for some nice cool fall racing, then end of october i dig the sleds out for grass drags, then befor you know it winters here.
but for sure if we dont hook up this year we will have to next year, i have my moring out at the island, and we head up wingy all the time.
depending how busness does this year will depend on if i keep the checkmate or not, but we'll see
Old 09-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Registered

Hey noyzee, I would have gone raing with you but I popped the engine in the turbocar 2 weeks ago.

Burned a couple of pistons .

May or may not be back up before the year end.

Have fun racing and keep it fat!!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Registered

oh man, that sucks. let me know if i can help fix it. i have the best machinest in the area about 20 min form my house, and me and my buddy lou can build a bad ass small or big block!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

I am not sure I am even going to mess with it until winter.
I am having too much fun with the sutphen this year.

I just brought it up to lake champlain last weekend and had a real good time up there.

The guys said its the first sutphen they have ever seen on the lake.
It was pretty rough for them compared to normal and they seemed pretty interested in the sutphen line.

I would like to do more racing but I dont think I have time to rebuild, race and use the boat.

Plus I wanted to make myself a new set of stainless headers while it was apart.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Registered

good deal, im planning on a rebuild this winter with my motor as well. i have a **** load of runs on it, so im going to ring/bearing it, check it all out etc etc.

let me know if you need a hand, im in it pretty good.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Registered

Thanks for the offer I'll let you know if I get into it.

I was thinking Id make it to the winter too.
I have a ton of street time on it and I also had alot of passes.

I had a rotor phasing issue that blew the damn carb hat off the car a few months ago and it was never right since then. I knew I hurt it a little but thought it was limited to blown out header gaskets etc.
Not sure if that contributed to the loss or if it was just a tuning issue.
We had it pretty lean at cruise and idle but figured it would be OK since it wasnt under load at all.

Never saw it go lean during that run but a previous run went into the high 12's for AFR. Not good.

I had also just tuned it on pump gas since I was sick of using race gas in it.

The tune seemed pretty good except for that one run when I uncorked it and it went way lean and over boosted a bit (extra 2 psi).

You need to come down and go for a ride on the sutphen.
Screw the race car I am tired of it anyway.LOL
Old 09-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered

no problem. im going to work on my car this week, theres a big race this weekend at NED, so im going to try to swap back to my 3:73's and it it with more spray and try to run the 8.5 class.
we'll see
Old 09-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Registered

I run 373's in my turbo car. makes it easy to drive on the street. It really would like 350's though with the TH400.

One weekend when we are going up to the valley you should bring it down. Id love to see it run.

MY buddy just sold his capri that ran 8's for 25K the car was consistent and reliable.
He had over 130K in the car.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Registered

yea, i have the glide so my first gear with 3:73 is not good, i run 4:30s in it with the 100 shot or on motor, but this weekend im looking to blow it up or lay down a mid 8 second pass. we'll see. lol
i havent run the vally all sean this year.

Quick Reply: rough water post??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.